Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Emotions from an unplanned pregnancy. Experiences?

I too have these mixed emotions sometimes. I am 6wks and I know I would be terribly upset it something happened and I had a m/c or something, but there are times I sit and think to myself WTH am I doing having another baby?? Next little league season I'll have a 4 month old baby and it will be harder to go to the games and do all we do. I mean, I have 5 so it's kinda trying at times but an infant will just add so much more to the mix! I try to be happy because I also wasn't preventing the pregnancy but not actively TTC so I'm not "upset" or "disappointed" but more anxious and guilty for maybe not really looking fwd to allthe changes that come with a new baby? Morning sickness, fatigue, moodiness, soon I won't be as able to do everything I have been able to in the past... then sleepless nights, more laundry, teething, colic, spreading attn even more thin... Ugh. Makes me anxious. I know I can do it and I felt this same way with #3-5 so this isn't any different.

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #12
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QUOTE"you never have to give some of your love away to another child, you just have more and no one misses out. But the biggest thing I never thought about was not what they were losing(one on one mommy time) but what they were gaining(a life long companion)"QUOTE

I agree with that. For almost 2 years me and hubby were having fights about having a second child and I feel like being pregnant is a huge blessing. It is something scary, but something beautiful. My biggest point when arguing with my husband about this issue was that our son needs a sibling. Like you I don't have ANY family here and I want my son whom is my best buddy to have someone to grow up with and someone to share this special bond with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so lucky! There are so many people out there just in desperation every day that they can't achieve pregnancy... wondering what is wrong with them.
You are healthy, you are pregnant, this is a gift from God. I believe that God gives us "things" to deal with because he knows we can handle them. He just gave you an angel that he needs you to take care of!
Lots of love MAMA!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I am on my 3rd but I was struggling a little bit with this pregnancy because my kids are 4 and 2 and I REALLY love being able to sleep all night

Just remember the baby stage doesn't last forever! Even if this baby is as difficult as your first it will only be for a short while and then your DS will be more than happy to have a little sibling to play with I honestly think it's easier to have 2 kids than one because they entertain each other!
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
Taylor
Registered

I couldn't imagine my little guys not having their brothers. My oldest two are best friends. They love eachother, look out for eachother, play together all the time. When one comes in to grab a snack, he grabs enough for him & his brother. To me, that is awfully thoughtful, especially that it started when my oldest was only 2 and usually they are all about "me me me" at that age. Sure, they argue & fight - they are siblings. But majority of the time they can never be without eachother. And they both adore their littlest brother.

I make sure that each of them have special time with Mommy. We do different things depending on their personalities. Even if it's something simple like going grocery shopping with me or helping me clean the windows. My oldest loves to clean windows.

It's definitely tough having 3, and a 4th on the way. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. All three of my boys (and soon, my little girl) are incredibly special to me and they are all here for a reason. All of these concerns you have will wash away once you see your sweet baby's face.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #15
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
I couldn't imagine my little guys not having their brothers. My oldest two are best friends. They love eachother, look out for eachother, play together all the time. When one comes in to grab a snack, he grabs enough for him & his brother. To me, that is awfully thoughtful, especially that it started when my oldest was only 2 and usually they are all about "me me me" at that age. Sure, they argue & fight - they are siblings. But majority of the time they can never be without eachother. And they both adore their littlest brother.

I make sure that each of them have special time with Mommy. We do different things depending on their personalities. Even if it's something simple like going grocery shopping with me or helping me clean the windows. My oldest loves to clean windows.

It's definitely tough having 3, and a 4th on the way. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. All three of my boys (and soon, my little girl) are incredibly special to me and they are all here for a reason. All of these concerns you have will wash away once you see your sweet baby's face.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

Morning sickness, even a whole pregnancy, even all of infancy are such short periods of time in the span of your child's life and your family's life. Think of two children playing together throughout childhood, your child discovering what it's like to have a sibling, the possibility of you discovering what it's like to have a child of the opposite sex, the interaction your children will have as teens and adults when they can say, as only siblings can, "You know how mom is...." and they just KNOW. Think of the skills you developed with your first child helping you with your second.

It is almost guaranteed to be easier the second-time around, just because you know what you're doing better. The pressure on the marriage is greater, so that takes extra attention, and the non-mom side of you tends to shrink because there are fewer and fewer times when you're alone. But it's wonderful to feel overwhelming love for a child again, to see similarities and differences between your children, to see how they grow and love each other.

I think pregnancy takes 9 months in part for us to adjust to it all, so take your time and congratulations.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote