Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
Amedlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Possible Allergy Ring on my Preschooler?

My 3 year old has had a red ring around his anus for about 6 weeks now and has been complaining about his bottom hurting. There has also been bright red blood on the tissue when I wipe him. In the last week, I have noticed a few red bumps on his bottom that look like bug bites and he is scratching at them.

We have been to the doctor 3 times and have tried treatment for pinworm, Metamucil to soften stools, taking him off milk, heavy diaper cream, hydrocortisone cream, anti-fungal cream...

This last visit, the Dr. ran a blood test to look for allergens and said for me to put neosporin on the "bites" (possible staph?)...

I haven't heard back on the test results yet, but all I know is that his bottom still looks the same and he is still bleeding. I just want him to be better.

Have any of you ever dealt with anything like this? Any ideas as to what it could be?

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Possible Allergy Ring on my Preschooler?

My youngest DD (3) has a dairy intolerance that gives her an itchy anus as well as eczema and excruciating stomach aches. I have read it is common in dairy allergies. Sometimes intolerance do not come up in an allergy blood test. I dont know if any other intolerances or allergies have this same symptom but if you suspect something is causing and allergy then take it out of his diet for two weeks and see if the symptoms improve. Hope you find out what it is soon!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Amedlin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Possible Allergy Ring on my Preschooler?

So the blood test came back that he is allergic to milk. He has been off milk for over a week now and the symptoms have cleared up. I am stunned though! He has adored drinking milk for 2 years now. As a major milk drinking family, we are really struggling going dairy free.