Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
nannabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy Clothes

I have some, but still need some. I especially need to find some tanks and a swim suit. Where are you shopping? Is it affordable? What about the quality? Ummm and style....I'm 40, but I'm not into foofy or old lady clothes yet!

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
Tripletmomtx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy Clothes

I love Old Navy. The shirts are great and their seamless tanks are a must!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Old Navy runs really big to me, but I do like some of their stuff. They have reviews on the site now, thank goodness, so those help.

For the lower priced stuff, Gap is my favorite. Their shirts just fit so much better than ON or Motherhood to me. I have one locally to me, and they have awesome clearance racks. I adore the Gap Body tanks, and their essential tanks. I don't like ribbed, and these are the only smooth jersey ones I can find.

Pea in the Pod is my favorite place to shop for maternity, but I can only afford it used or deeply discounted.

I bought my swim suit at Target, and its just fine. Fit well and its holding up.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got all my nursing camisoles through Target.com. They're extremely comfy, hold the girls nicely in place, and don't give me that nasty rubbed-raw issue where the elastic band goes under my breasts. I got the long size even though I'm short; I like that they don't ride up on me.

Everything else I've scored at garage sales, church sales, or thrift stores, which isn't much help - but it was nice and cheap! And if something doesn't work as well in daily wear as it did in the dressing room, I don't feel as bad about passing it on to friends since it only cost me a buck or two.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
ashley0929
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree I like Old Navy but they run huge! I was thinking "Oh I'll want order large just in case I get big." But they look like tents on me and I can't even wear them at all. Lately I just wear my normal capri pants with the belly band, and then normal shirts fit still (tee-shirt kinda gal) so I wear those. Dresses are my favorite outfit to wear though, easy to put on and doesn't get to hot for Florida.

ashley0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am really trying to not buy much this time. It's my third and last. I have a bunch of stuff from my other two pregnancies, but the problem is that I had no summer stuff. I have ordered a bit online from old navy. I have also grabbed some extra stuff from Old Navy at the store and from Target. I needed lots of sleeved shirts. I also got some dresses and skirts, since it will be pretty hot here. I usually shop at Motherhood Maternity too, but chasing my little girls around the mall sounds less than fun right now!

I haven't gotten much use out of my summer stuff yet. It snowed 4 inches here yesterday! I imagine that later this month it will warm up a bit.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
Kales524
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ross! I went yesterday and got 3 ruched side tee's for $4.99 a piece, 2 nicer shirts/tanks for $6.99 a piece, a pair of capri's for $9.99 & a pair of shorts for $12.99.

I hate paying a ton of money for clothes! I've also gotten some sun dresses and jean capri's at Goodwill/Value Village.

Depending on my future job, I may or may not have to go get more stuff....in that case I'll just stock Ross! They had tons of casual & quite a bit of "dressy" stuff.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I have stuff from Motherhood, Gap, Kohl's and Old Navy. I like ON tank tops, I like the ruched side shirts from Motherhood and I only wear secret fit belly shorts/pants, they are soooo comfortable! I'm already huge though, and I mean huge I already look and measure like I'm in my 3rd trimester so who knows what will actually fit come september!
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
Lady T
Registered Users

My Mood:

DELETE

Last edited by Lady T; 12-07-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Lady T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
the_flamingo
Registered Users

Ross and Old Navy! I got great jeans as Motherhood for only $16 the other day too.

I didn't realize that Once Upon A Child had maternity! I go there all the time for baby clothes, but never thought to look for maternity clothes there!
the_flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote