Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #51
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet?

I know a lot of mommas here do not like gDiapers but...

We have the EXACT same issues, my Daughter would break out in nasty rashes on her thighs and waist almost welts from the PUL from our pockets, she then would get a rash on her private area and bum in suedecloth, but couldn't have her pee touch her skin... I was exhausted trying to figure out SOMETHING, ANYTHING that would work... I took a gamble and bought a few gDiapers and a dozen gCloth inserts and waiting for the disaster to happen. NOTHING. She has never ever had another rash, we have been using them for almost 2 months now!!! We also can't use sposies with out slathering up in cream first.

gDiapers have a cotton outter with a NYLON snap in liner that you put the insert in. the gCloth insert is Micro FLEECE topped hemp. I LOVE These diapers, I can't say enough good about them! There is a slight learning curve with them to get a good snug fit that the liner snaps dont rub the hip skin, but gHQ is SOOO great about helping with any questions and troubleshooting with you OVER THE PHONE! I love these diapers! These breath SO well, often the cotton outter will feel a bit damp, I just let it air out and with in an hour it is ready to use again, if the snap in liner gets stinky, I just pop it out and pop a new one in! Its so easy! I preload all the covers with a gCloth insert. At Night I do what gMommas call a hemp sandwich, I take 2 gCloths and put them hemp sides together into the diaper and voila, it holds her atleast 4-6 hours depending how much she nurses through the night, I keep a preloaded diaper next to my bed and just change her if needed.

I have seriously tried EVER type/style/system of diapers, and these were of course the last I tried due to negative feedback about them here, and I am SO glad I finally gave them a try, we have not had ANY problems with them, they wash/dry so easily, my Hubby can use them, my mom! Its awesome! Our entire stash is now gDiapers and gCloth inserts, I still use woolies over top too, but that is cause my chubby girl doesn't fit in too much comfortably anyways! Best of Luck Momma, Feel Free to pm me if you have any other questions!

Advertisement

Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #52
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The rash is pink with little bumps in it. It's on her girl parts and in her crack. As the day went on in the flip inserts, the dots started get red, almost blood colored and the crack rash is that same dark red.

I don't think it's a food allergy, only b/c she eats the same things day in and day out. The only reason I'm guessing the seudecloth and outside of the diaper is b/c it started when we started using the flips and it looks different than any other diaper rash, yeast rash or detergent we've ever had.
lexismommy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #53
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cotton and fleece or wool and anything else breathable definitely is something we are going to have to try out.

I have a friend who used gdiapers and loved them. She was just telling me the other day she doesn't know why I haven't even tried them. Maybe I'll look into them. I really don't know anything other than the cloth diapers experts don't seem to like them much.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #54
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmmm...if it was a contact rash caused by sensitivity, then it wouldn't be in her crack. That would be the one place that the rash wouldn't happen since the fabric really doesn't touch there. If she was sensitive or allergic to the fabric of the diaper then when you take the diaper off she would have a rash in the shape of the diaper. We experienced this when we used a detergent that my child was sensitive to. She was all red everywhere the diaper touched her skin.

Just a thought, I have heard that cow milk can cause diaper rashes. And that it can take time for the sensitivity to show up. Not just the first time she drank it but after multiple exposures to it. Evidently it can change the PH of urine and the poop causing a rash. That could be why the rash seems to be targeting those two areas.

Rashes can be so frustrating! I hope you can get it cleared up soon!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #55
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Really? So maybe it's not the seudecloth? Oh geesh! Today I put her in cotton flats with a fleece liner over top w/cj's and the rash is clearing.

Oh my gosh! I just thought of something!!! Could it be an allergic reaction to coconut oil? I bought coconut oil for her b/c of all the recommendations on here and I had been putting on her with the flip diapers! Do you think that might be it? I completely forgot! I put it on her arm too though. I haven't really looked at her arm all that closely though. Maybe the arm wouldn't be as affected b/c of air flow? Any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #56
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son can't use PUL, Fleece, or Suedecloth topped diapers. We use Wool at home with fitteds and prefolds underneath. When going out though, we use either GDiapers or the new Greenline diaper covers. The greenline ones aren't made from PUL or TPU and he doesn't have a problem with them at all.

As for Gdiapers, I cut out some squares of those fake moleskins that you put on shoes to keep from rubbing and put them on the orange snaps on the insert to keep them from bugging him.

Greenline covers are good and all too. But inside I prefer wool.

ETA: It may be coconut oil, but I'm not sure. My son reacts to scented detergent (we only use non-scented Rockin Green and no rash issues), we use only EO scented or non scented CJ's butter too. His rash wasn't all over the place with the suede cloth. It was a bit rashy though and complained over his diapers and scratched. Once he started scratching it would get red. Once I switched diapers though, it went away and he's been fine since.

Also, I put sposies on him at night. He's sensitive to feeling wet and if I wanted sleep I had to switch to something that would keep him feeling dry. I don't know why he doesn't react to some sposies. But he only does good with huggies. Other brands cause rashes.

Last edited by blueone; 05-02-2011 at 07:07 AM.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #57
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! I was just looking up the greenline covers. She was scratching where the outside of the cover were causing rashes. Having kids with sensitive skin is work!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #58
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

do you use and enzyme free detergent?

My daughter had lots of rashes. I had to switch from PUL covers to wool. She was also allergic to fold over elastic (its on many PUL covers)
We used fitted diapers or cotton prefolds most of the time with wool covers.
But she also has a dairy allergy, which contributed to the bottom rash, every time she pooped, so staying off dairy was key. Also NO enzymes in the detergent, or she would get super red and irritated all where the diaper touched her skin (wet areas activate the enzymes and they then bother the skin).
Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #59
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do use enzyme free detergent (crunchy clean) and had to eliminate my beloved bac-out b/c she got a rash from it.

What do you guys think about Motherease stay dry one size diapers with the stay dry liners and the motherease airflow covers? I was thinking I might try this combo out for our 12-13 hr overnight diapers. Any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #60
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
My son can't use PUL, Fleece, or Suedecloth topped diapers. We use Wool at home with fitteds and prefolds underneath. When going out though, we use either GDiapers or the new Greenline diaper covers. The greenline ones aren't made from PUL or TPU and he doesn't have a problem with them at all.

As for Gdiapers, I cut out some squares of those fake moleskins that you put on shoes to keep from rubbing and put them on the orange snaps on the insert to keep them from bugging him.

Greenline covers are good and all too. But inside I prefer wool.

ETA: It may be coconut oil, but I'm not sure. My son reacts to scented detergent (we only use non-scented Rockin Green and no rash issues), we use only EO scented or non scented CJ's butter too. His rash wasn't all over the place with the suede cloth. It was a bit rashy though and complained over his diapers and scratched. Once he started scratching it would get red. Once I switched diapers though, it went away and he's been fine since.

Also, I put sposies on him at night. He's sensitive to feeling wet and if I wanted sleep I had to switch to something that would keep him feeling dry. I don't know why he doesn't react to some sposies. But he only does good with huggies. Other brands cause rashes.
YES to the Bolded! I did that with mine, I used Microfleece though cause that is what I had lying around!!!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote