Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #11
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleepers

We have always just had our babies (newborns) in bed directly with us...either in between or on one side of me. We've kept our regular blankets and pillows in there too. DD#2 also had DD#1 in there with her too. We had a bassinet and used it for a dresser. Also a crib but that was just a waste of space. So this next baby isn't getting either. Just a waste of space and money for us. It'll just do as it's big sisters have and lay with us...I'm sure with a boob in close proximity.

I used to worry about smothering but I've come to realize that I am a light sleeper around my children. I've always just held them all through the night with no problems. I haven't ever had them fall out of bed as little little guys...but they've both fallen out of bed plenty of times. Aspen will still fall out of her own bed sometimes WITH a gaurdrail up.

Nap time is just in my bed. When they're little I barricade them in. Now, and for awhile, I just lay DD#2 in my bed. I guess I'm just laid back easy going, I dont' worry too much about her falling out of bed. I'm awake anyway so I check on her every so often anyway.

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
rliszkowski
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys
\

thats how we do it! like i said its a PITA
This is exactly the same set up we have. I think we have to put all the mattresses on the floor for safety now because my ds is very mobile. He used to cry when he woke up and we could go get him. Now he tries to hop off the bed himself.

Oh, and we use blankets and pillows. Like a pp said, I don't think you are supposed to when they are very little babies.
rliszkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #13
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have one of the huge wrap-around body pillows that I got when I was pregnant. I sleep on my side, with the pillow in front of me, and DS sleeps on top of the pillow.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

My husband works nights, so me and Noah get the King size bed to ourselves most of the time He sleeps in the middle, on his side in between a wedge thing. He has his own blanket on him. I sleep right next to him with a pillow for my head, and a blanket for myself. His face is never close to any pillows and blankets, but he doesn't move much yet. On nights when DH is home, Noah sleeps on one side with a bedrial next to him, I sleep in the middle of he and DH. Once Noah starts to roll and move more, I think we'll just move the bed against the wall so he can't fall off.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

This may sound crazy but I put DS in his boppy (his head goes in the opening) and it's working for now. I don't forsee him rolling over his boppy anytime soon. I was thinking about getting a guardrail or something, but it will be a PITA because I'm moving across the country in August, so I may just wait until I get in the new house to buy one.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #16
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Wow I never even though about any of the setups mentioned here. DS just sleeps w/us... nothing fancy... just plop down on the bed. He usually sleeps in between me & DH when DH is home... if he's at work then we're just us two! I am a light sleeper around DS so I don't worry anymore.

I do put him in his crib if I'm in pain & have had to take meds for it or something... but he does fine w/us. I just move the pillows away from right up on him. I also sleep lower than him... um, like I have the blanket covering to my shoulders & his too so my shoulders are like even w/his head or lower LOL
Old 06-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #17
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

We started out with our bed connected to an Arm's Reach co-sleeper. A midwife said that it would end up as the most expensive changing table we'd ever have. She was right!

I had already slept with my two prior girls, but I got freaked out with my third one night and bought the co-sleeper. After she was older, we disconnected it and moved the mattress and boxspring cornered flush with the wall. So the head of the bed is against one wall and the side Miriam sleeps on is next to the other wall. I make sure the mattress and wall are flush against each other every night. Miriam sleeps between the wall and I. I push the blankets down low, just over Miriam's torso and lower area and tuck them in between the wall and mattress so they stay put. The pillow I push the farthest over I can so the edge of it is under my head and none above Miriam. I lay on my side and my arm goes over her head and my legs curl under her feet. This way, she stays put pretty much unless I move her. No blankets go over her head, and no pillows come in contact with her face.

Works for us!
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #18
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we didn't use anything with my first. The 2nd son I was going through a divorce while pregnant so when he was first born I used the co sleeper that went "in" the bed because I was paranoid being alone. He didn't sleep in that long and after he was out I would line pillows on the side.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonMamma
Wow I never even though about any of the setups mentioned here. DS just sleeps w/us... nothing fancy... just plop down on the bed. He usually sleeps in between me & DH when DH is home... if he's at work then we're just us two! I am a light sleeper around DS so I don't worry anymore.
same here
Old 06-10-2006, 02:47 AM   #20
aschrimp
Registered Users

We have a bed rail because dh is always afraid he will roll on ds if he is between us. So DS sleeps between the bedrail and me. I made a little bolster to keep him from chasing us all off the bed at night - baby body pillow, basically. He naps there alone all the time, but he doesn't try to get himself up yet - he usually wants to cuddle and nurse some when he wakes up, so he just hollers for me. All the way across a king sized bed is a long was to scoot on accident - he has never gotten past halfway yet.
We use our regular pillows and blankets, but only one pillow each - no extras to get lost during the night. DH has a body pillow, but that's always on the other side of him.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote