Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
brennan
Registered Users

My Mood:
Favorite Clothing Item while Pregnant! Pics please!

I need some inspiration. I'm planning on going shopping and also making some maternity clothes. I would love to see your favorite piece of clothing to wear (or outfit or whatever) when pregnant. I'm not looking for sweat pants, I have plenty of those that fit, but something cute (I'm a SAHM so I don't need fancy, but something that I can wear when I want to look cute).

Doesn't have to necessarily be maternity, it can be regular clothes that fit you when pregnant.
Thanks!!

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite Clothing Item while Pregnant! Pics please!

My staple has been black yoga pants. Low rise, flared leg. If you can find them in a nice(r) fabric, then they can look pretty put together.

Also I have one shirt that has been the best for the whole pregnancy. It's Gap, but it's not their standard maternity top, it's maybe GapBody? It has a lot of stretch, cost a little more than the other plain shirts I got, but it is the only shirt that will still cover my belly at 39 weeks. Worth the price!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love long flowy skirts. I bought 2 at Old Navy last year. They are not maternity but the wiastband is wide and stretchy so they fit great even when I am huge. I was so upset that they are not carrying them this summer!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
justarib
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say my cutest maternity outfit is a really stretchy dress(spandex and polyester I think) with a multicolored(black,teal, and white)retro pattern and I wore black leggings that went mid-calve and the dress went right above my knee. I can't find it online.. but this is the closest to it

Very stretchy at the empire waist.

Hope you find what you're looking for
justarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm actually heading to the maternity store over my lunch break today because I'm in desperate need of more options!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love Gap ribbed tanks and also their GapBody tanks. They are a staple to me and I know I can wear them after baby too. They are so stretchy and comfy. I also love their jeans and jean skirts. Pretty much most of my maternity clothes are Gap because they fit so well. I get them when they have 25-40% off sales.

Gap ribbed tank and Gap jean skirt:

gap shirt and skirt:

Gap jeans (love their jeans!!)

Darker wash Gap jeans:

Hope this helps!!
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
*Eva*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Target long and lean tanks are the BEST! They're freakishly long and super stretchy so they fit perfectly both while pregnant and after baby. I also love my Enwrapture skirts and any dresses w/ an empire waist will fit fine both before and after too.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Here's my must-have list. I dont really have picks but they are pretty self explanitory.

-I LOVE Target's Mossimo brand Long and Lean tanks. They arent maternity but they are super long and stretchy, perfect for layering or sleeping in. I find they have plenty of support even if I skip a bra at home. Thats pretty good...
-I always splurge on an awesome pair of jeans- they are a staple for sure.
-Built in shelf bra camisoles.
-Cardigans of all styles!!
-Tube dresses- long only. The kind that have the rouched top and the super soft and stretchy material? I have a couple right now from Kohls...brown, green tye-dye and black and they are so comfy. (Top with a cardigan or denim jacket if thats too exposed for you!)
-I dont ever like to wear loose, hanging shirts. They feel unsupportive and make me feel huge. I know my belly is growing and Im nearly 7 months but I dont want to feel that way.
-Great underwear!! I like boy short styles that go under my belly and hold up my butt!!
-And ofcourse, the yoga pants! I have never been able to find long enough ones so I only wear capri styles but they are a definite staple. They are comfortable, easy to throw on for errands, weekends, lounging... whatever!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
ellen97
Registered Users
seller

I second Gap jeans. The Old Navy maternity jeans had an elastic band around the top of the soft material at the top, and it always digs into my belly. Gap jeans are pricey, but I have worn the same two pairs (I got a charcoal wash and a dark blue wash) every time I've left the house in the last 6 months. I also sprung for a pair of the Belly Bandit BDA pants (I got mine from Cottonbabies). They sit low and are SOOOOO comfortable. I'm not working this time around, so I can get away with stealing my hubby's t-shirts, but these BDA pants have been amazing.

Love Scentsy? https://ellendavila.scentsy.us/Home
ellen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a wohm so when not at work I live in men's boxers with the fly sewn shut. To wear outside the house I have a ton of clothes (I inheritated 3 peoples clothes plus my own from before). I have something from just about every brand. I like the pants with a 3" or so elastic band at the top, nothing on the belly. The big haines undies from Walmart and the shirts that tie in the back at boon level. It really depends on what your budget is