Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2, 3, & 4 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiquiriqui View Post
Hi I'm new! I'm expecting my first on Aug 18 and it's a girl
Welcome and Congrats!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #12
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Amy I love the gardens. I was so going to do my square foot garden this year, but no go. And now we are moving to memphis So I just have peas in pots.
I LOVE the nice fence. I would need a fencelike that at our new house b/c my dogs would lovee to dig up the plants and dirt. What kind of berries do you have? Yum!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hi! whats your name (if you wish to share)?
I am Hallie, due Aug 16. Is this your first?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, it has been a BUSY weekend here. We had a realtor come out Friday and give a list of small improvments we need to do to take pics and put house on market this week!
I am so stressed. Sat. I spray painted pots and planted new flowers so they look nice, then I cleaned outside of all the sticks etc from the storm. That took awhile. Then I had to work till 1030...yuck. Sun. I cleaned up clutter from the downstairs and dusted. THAT took forever--so much junk and dust.Then I had to work till 9...yuck..I told tjmaxx that my last day to work will be Mothers day. I am ready to be done there. I am SO tired and my back hurts and feet hurts so bad from standing the whole time there.
We have to put closet doors up downstairs bedroom still and paint some stains on ceilings. I need to declutter and clean the upstairs of the house too....ugggg! I really hope we can sell this house fast b/c hubby starts work in Memphis June5 and I will be stuck here till we sell or figure something else out!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

My pastor just had her baby by planned C-Section (breech! after a prior breech CS) and I think I am FINALLY starting to feel a little bit of emotion! I can actually say I'm a bit jealous that her baby (girl) is here.

I'd be MORE excited if I was also getting blessed with a girl, but, a new baby will be fun!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #16
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

AMY! WOW, those are so aweomse, pleeeease post pics as your garden starts to grow!! How fun!

Steph, and you DO have a busy day!! Whew!

AFM, Im paying bills, need to put gas in the car since DH so nicely left me with one bar after taking my car fishing yesterday. Grrr! Ooooh...I see the mail truck outside, she should have some fun fluff for me! We got a bigger mailbox (the old one was literally falling over and completely rusted, very old) so Im gonna have to actually walk out there to get the packages if there are any...man Im spoiled! Got caught up on laundry yesterday so we will just be vegging today and doing whatever we feel!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ahh Why can't I see the pics amy?! I wanna see!
We bought a TON of new plants this weekend. Made the big mistake of hitting Portland Nursery on Stark on friday...oh BOY that was really not good on both the wallet AND my contractions lol! But I just could NOT leave! Got some gorgeous plants! After we saw my nephew we stopped at the Sherwood Home Depot and got even MORE plants! My van was filled with shrubs, perennials and girls. lol!
THEN we got home and bought some trees on Sunday locally. There is a guy in our tiny town that sells wholesale trees. Two big aspens (think 5gal pots) and a red birch for $49!!! One of those at Home Depot would have been $50. I'm lovin it!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #18
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Steph and Hallie you ladies have been busy! Wow Steph! Hope you get a chance to put your feet up and have a little break today.

As for the garden: My hubby put up the fence to keep our beagle out. She would come inside all red-faced from eating all our strawberries! Now we don't have Catey the beagle, but it's nice to have when my parents visit with their 2 dogs. Plus I can use the fences to grow stuff on. I got the fence on Craigslist for about $80.

Hubby thinks I went way overboard since I was supposed to think small, but I was excited to fill those beds! I'm planting: asparagus, blue potatoes, scarlet runner beans, snap peas, 2 kinds of broccoli (green and purple), multicolored cauliflower, 4 or 5 different kinds of lettuce, spinach, cilantro, basil, rosemary, tomatoes, cucumber, chile, leeks, rhubarb, and eggplant. wow maybe that is a lot! We also have 2 apple trees and 2 cherry trees.

Izzy has planted colorful carrots, morning glories, nasturiums, evening stock, zinnia and passion flower.

And the berries!!! We have strawberries, 3 blueberry bushes, 2 raspberries, 1 salmonberry, 1 Anne raspberry (yellow), 1 blackberry and one that I have no clue! They look like blackberries but are really long and tapered on the ends. The berries never make it inside so it's hard to ask. I guess I will have to work on that this year. I really didn't realize how much it was until I typed it all out. Yikes!

I forgot grapes!

Last edited by estradaamyl; 05-02-2011 at 10:07 AM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #19
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
ahh Why can't I see the pics amy?! I wanna see!
We bought a TON of new plants this weekend. Made the big mistake of hitting Portland Nursery on Stark on friday...oh BOY that was really not good on both the wallet AND my contractions lol! But I just could NOT leave! Got some gorgeous plants! After we saw my nephew we stopped at the Sherwood Home Depot and got even MORE plants! My van was filled with shrubs, perennials and girls. lol!
THEN we got home and bought some trees on Sunday locally. There is a guy in our tiny town that sells wholesale trees. Two big aspens (think 5gal pots) and a red birch for $49!!! One of those at Home Depot would have been $50. I'm lovin it!
I don't know why! If you click on my stats on my avi, can you look at my albums? It is in the random one. I also posted on facebook.

Yeah for plants! I might have to check out Portland Nursery.... just to look of course! Have you been to Al's Garden Center? I could seriously go broke there.

Last edited by estradaamyl; 05-02-2011 at 09:01 AM.