Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #31
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2, 3, & 4 Chat

so I'm washing tiny little nb baby girl clothes! My bff is being induced in 30min, and was NOT expecting a baby this early (37 weeks) so I'm passing all my nb girly stuff to her. Bittersweet, but I can't wait to see her in them tomorrow!

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww... lots of new babies lately! My cousin and his wife just had their first last week.. they're far away though so I just get to see pics.

After work today we went to the CU (1/2 hour away) to sign papers for the truck loan. I was excited to go to McDs for food... then we got home and I threw it all up. Ugh. My hubby's driving always makes me sick when I'm pregnant- I don't know why I don't just drive. Senia's kicking really doesn't help the sick feeling either.

This pregnancy is still feeling so weird to me. It's like I'm going through the motions to get ready but I'm not really convinced I'll have a baby in 3 months. I STILL feel like I'm in early pregnancy. I don't feel like I'm far enough along to be sore or tired yet. Hopefully I feel really pregnant the last few weeks at least. 100 days left to go for me (you can bet I'll be putting 99 on FB tomorrow, lol!).
Old 05-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #33
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl08 View Post
Morning, ladies!
Had my 26wk OB appt this morning. I gained 3.8lbs, so I am up 1.3lbs total. Boo. I know why, too. I have been too tired and sore to cook, so we eat out all.the.time. Back to cooking for me! I know, I know, gaining weight is normal, but I am already way too overweight, so was hoping to not gain much. I didn't last time.
I have my glucose screen tomorrow. I thought I had to fast for 12hrs. Nope, TWO hours! I can so do that.
Hugs on the wait gain!

AFM:
I am home from my 24 week appointment & a play-date to get my SNS from my milk-baby's Mama. I didn't get ANY of my other things done.

I gained three pounds! Woohoo! (Sorry Jacky--I NEED to gain though.) I am now -17! My doctor was happy & I am too!

The baby's heart was in a great position today, but his legs were NOT. She says she saw a penis but I think it was questionable at best today. (Still hoping for a girly miracle.)

His heart rate was 141 bpm and he was measuring at about 1 lbs 4 oz & 1 day behind. Last month he was 3 days behind.

My glucose screening will be at my 28 week appointment (so thankful to be on MONTHLY appointments still!) and I only have to fast for 1 hour prior to drinking the juice & I have to drink the juice 30 minutes prior to my 9:45 appointment...so only a total of an hour & a half of fasting for me!

It'll take me about 30 minutes to get to the appointment, so I'll drink the juice in the car! Then I just have to make sure its 30 minutes from the last swallow & they'll do my blood & give me a snack before the doc sees me!

We went to my friend Jenna's house afterwards (kidpsych2b on here) to pick up the SNS she was giving (maybe lending) me so I can try that with Luke.

He's tugging while nursing at night and THAT'S what is causing me to get cuts/infections on my nipples. So, if the SNS doesn't help, he's going to get cut off.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #34
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Steph you reminded me that I forgot to ask how big the little one was at the ultrasound. I always forget what I want to say when I go in for my appt. Anyone else have that problem?

We decided to just get June a toddler bed and hold off on the bunk beds for awhile. I'm going to still make the girls some pillowcases and little accessories for their room. Yesterday I cleaned the garage out and now I have room to sew and use the table out there for cutting. I guess I need to get working! I haven't been out there since I found out I was pregnant back in December. Today I went out and did some mending. I have to start somewhere. I have no clue what to make for the baby. I went out there and looked at all the fabric and it was kind of overwhelming. So far I want to make a hooded towel, some bibs and a blanket.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #35
quiquiriqui
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yay I reached 10 and could finally post my images on the crafting post
quiquiriqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #36
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiquiriqui View Post
yay I reached 10 and could finally post my images on the crafting post
welcome and congrats on the posts! off to check the crafting thread!
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #37
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiquiriqui View Post
Hi I'm new! I'm expecting my first on Aug 18 and it's a girl
Welcome!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #38
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Steph, odd question but what is a SNS? By the way you used it I judge it is related to breastfeeding but IDK!!

In regards to BFing, who does and who doesnt? What about past kids? AFM, DS1 was pumped exclusively for while he was in the NICU then nursed on the breast for 12 months after he came home. DS2 was a nightmare to nurse. His suck was so intensely painful, abnormally painful, and at 5 weeks I nearly died when he started spitting up blood in the middle of the night. He had split my nipple in half and I didnt realize it because the pain was so constant... that was the end for me. A few infections and rounds of anitbiotics later, we were both content to bottle feed. DS3 started nursing in the recovery room an hour after my c/s, the nurses could NOT calm him. Well, mama had the answer...he was a champion nurser from day one and weaned on his own at 23 months. I am SO looking forward to nursing Harper...there is little that compares to your baby cradled in your arms, nursing and content.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #39
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been able to read any posts but we've finally got the house empty. You can't move in the apt but at least everything is over there.

I won't be on much this week since there's a lot of cleaning and organizing to do and our internet won't be turned on until the 10th.

I'll have to catch you all later.

Sabrina
Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will breast feed.

DS1 nursed until a year and he had better things to do once he turned one. I noticed I was the one initiating feedings so one day I decided to see how it went and not attempt to. He did not care. It was also getting a little painful for me bc I was pregnant with ds2 In the beggining we had minor issues with supply but after awhile all was good. I had a great breastfeeding support group I went to and they were so helpful. DH was awesome too. He was very supportive and instead of letting me give in when times got tough he would think of ways we could make it work bc he knew how important it was for me to nurse.

DS2 I nursed to about 18 months. He would be nursing today if I let him. I weaned him. (No flames please) to be honest it was getting extremely uncomfortable for me bc he was becoming to attached to my breasts. He still grabs for them, not to nurse but for comfort. In the first couple of days he had a poor latch and it started to hurt. So I pumped until they felt better and I really concentrated on his latch. If I did not have the experience with ds1 I may have given up. Nursing became a breeze after the latch was corrected.

Both boys were c/s and I had no reall issues with nursing. I am hoping it goes that way for dd too. The only thing is I went through labor with both so I am thinking that has something to do with it. Ds2 was a scheduled c/s but I actually went into labor a couple hours before go time.

Should I start pumping a week before to establish supply?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote