Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #101
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Elena it was a BFN and I ama ok with it. I was a little sad about it but am Ok. I can't imagine having another one but can't imagine not having another one. Dh was joking about "making another baby" but I really just think he wanted to DTD :eyeroll: AF is still gone and I am still having PMS so I am not sure what it is. I guess it is just all out of whack and not ready to be regular!

I think an ETSY store would be so much fun. I am not crafty at all though...

I really really want to do party planning. I love doing it but have no idea how to start. I thought about putting an ad on craigslist but what would I say..."oh I have only planned one party (other than my kids) what would I charge?
I totally know what you mean! Well, except that I can completely imagine having another one, it's just a matter of waiting for us.

I'm not nearly as crafty as my friend - she's awesome! But she doesn't have internet and doesn't have the time to set a store up and all that, so when I get around to it I can sell for her as well. She really is awesome!

I could never do party planning - I suck at planning parties at all. Very much not a fav of mine.
If you were going to advertise, you'd want to call around to other places and "get estimates", then base your price on those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
Elena: If you sell those hats, I want an owl one too! I would love on for Addi (when she is willing to leave them on again) and one for this bean that match. I wonder how bad shipping is from Canada? Maybe you could just ship one package to either Jul or me and then we can ship the other one so it would be less for you
I'd love to make your itties matching hats! So cute! I'll definitely be posting (and yes getting on FB) when I get a store set up.
Shipping is actually cheaper to the US than it is within Canada, for me. I worry about charging for shipping and having that deter people... like it would on FSOT here... but I guess it's different on/through a store.

AFM: Oh, before I forget - Tamara - I sent your BH on it's way home last week finally. Sorry it took me so long since mine arrived. I've been busy and sick... and full of excuses. But it's on the way now.

I just want to curl up and cry for him - Levi has a bad yeast rash. I feel so bad for him and like such a horrid mom right now. It's just terrible. I took him to our Dr this afternoon and got an Rx for cream. Hopefully he'll start to look and feel better in the next day or 2.
I'm also because I had to put him in his 2nd (and 3rd and 4th, etc) disposable diaper ever since birth today. And I absolutely hated doing it. (no I have no qualms with others using them, but I feel terrible using them myself... even though I have with all the other kids). But it gave me the chance to take all his cloth and really wash and bleach it all. Hopefully that will clean it all out.
I'm debating whether I should keep him in the disposables until this rash is all better, or if I can just use the cream with the cloth (which I don't have any problem with) and just bleach each load when I wash them.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #102
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Elena - I totally think you could open an Etsy shop

Tam - still no AF. I just feel like every.day. it's about to come.

Grr. DH is stomping around here because he left the capo for his guitar laying around and now it's gone. And apparently it's *my* fault? And now I *better* find it today? Roar. That man is messing with the wrong constantly PMSing woman.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #103
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww, thanks Jessica! I just hope I could sell a few things here or there. A few people IRL have asked if I sell things or whatnot, so it'd be nice to have somewhere to send them, kwim?
Good luck finding that capo! HA!

Levi's bum looks better all ready this morning, after just having the cream and a disposable (boo) on overnight! I mean, it's far from all better but it's a big improvement that I can see! Phew!

Last edited by canadianbakers; 05-26-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #104
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I really really want to do party planning. I love doing it but have no idea how to start. I thought about putting an ad on craigslist but what would I say..."oh I have only planned one party (other than my kids) what would I charge?

Jul that is nice that your pedi is so laid back!
Tam, I have thought for YEARS about doing kids party planning. I throw awesome birthday parties and I make tdf ice cream cakes! Get estimates like Elena said and go by word of mouth. Gather pics from your kids' parties and the one other one you did. see if you can get a letter of rec from her, and ask a friend if you could do a party for her gratis, get pics and letter from her. Then make a little portfolio and a letter to send to potential clients. I think word of mouth works the best and also flyers in places like parks and recs, libraries, ballet studios, etc

He sees a family practice, so I think that helps. altho my older kids' ped was really laid back but then some stuff happened in the practice....

idk shannon, I thought he wouldn't be as heavy as he was, honestly. bc he was 18lbs when he was just starting to crawl and to have gained almost 4 lbs with walking, running, crawling? My DS1 was 21.5 lbs at 5 mo and 18lbs at a year! And now he is 5'11 and 230lbs, lol

AFM: my DS1 just got his GED and there is a grad ceremony next Friday night for all the ppl who got theirs this year. He has cap and gown and everything! BUT.... my 2 middles also have their lax banquet that night. 1st yr in high school and they are lettering in varsity lacrosse, so it's a big deal. and we will miss it. I feel so terrible, but his dad and I both want to be at his grad and anyone in my extended family who comes should go to his grads well! the boys are fine with it and I wrote some pestering emails to some of the parents to take pics for me, but still. my stepma just found out she has breast cancer and is getting a lumpectomy next week so will miss Grad, banquet, the middles guitar ensemble and kailani's 1st b-day. I think they caught it early though and just radiation, no chemo. And my mom, I thought of sending her to thebanquet, but I know she would rather got to graduation and also, she isn't doing well with her knees, so she can not walk alone really and her heart and lungs are not too great either so she gets winded getting out of the car, so I don't want her at the school without someone else.

AFK: better news, lol. DH has off sunday, so we are going to do the "just us and the boys"1st birthday party then. Cookout with his fav foods- steak (lol), rice, sweet potatoes, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, guac, and some sort of cake and ice cream. his smash cake might be a muffin in a cake pan with yogurt frosting though. more later he just fell asleep and I want to get stuff done!

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 05-26-2011 at 09:45 AM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #105
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, Jul, that stinks having to miss their lacrosse thing... is there any time at all between the actual ceremony parts that you could make it for at least some of both things?

AFM: Getting started on Isaac's birthday cake today - his"friend" party is on Saturday, he's so excited to have his little friends over! It's going to be a castle with turrets and we'll put a few playmobil knights on it... for protection, lol. So far I've gotten the layers baked, made 8 cupcakes with the extra batter (will keep in case there isn't enough cake for everyone... I'm worried about this), and gotten the 2 layers shaved down and stuck together. My goal is to have at least the base layer of icing on it and hopefully the turrets under way by the end of today... which doesn't count until bedtime, lol.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #106
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

post pics, Elena!!!

oh and hey, speaking of your etsy store (lol) have you ever done a panda hat?

no, here in the timeline, I have to actually drop the boys off early, as their thing starts at 630 in our town, but Tarik has to be at his thing by 630 about 20 min away.
So: drop dominique and tristan at the school at 610, rush to take tarik to graduation at 630.
meanwhile, banquet is 6:308:30....Tarik's graduation is 7:8:15 and then we can rush back....and get to the banquet about 8:35-8:40

Still trying to decide what kind of shark cupcakes to do...I thought about doing these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCcQ9QEwAg

but will most likely end up with blue frosted cupcakes with chocolate sharks from a candy mold. I wish I had the energy to do the others. I feel like I have dropped the ball for this b-day which should be a big deal. I am making things easy for myself which feels lame to me. I wanted to have a HUGE luau for him and Hana didn't and I agreed bc of my laziness. I know he won't know the difference, but I will. I just feel overwhelmed with having this party, then making stuff for sons' banquet and making something like a cake for Tarik's grad (just for us at home) and then his parents are coming on the 6th for a week and we are doing a small party then, but doing stuff with them all week....and also, to add to the guilt, I am not doing a big grad party for Tarik. He doesn't care, but sheesh!! I suck! I didn't even talk to his dad about it and it's too overwhelming. I did order him a nice backpack for college and will do a nice dinner maybe the next night....

ah well, I gotta go. little man is so miserable unless he is OUTSIDE playing lately, so he stays inside and screams
Old 05-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #107
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll definitely have pics on my blog, Jul!
I've never done a panda hat, but I'm sure the owl could be changed to be one... or pretty much any other animal. If it was black and white instead of colors, it'd just be a matter of the face, and ears if you wanted to add them. It would be a bit of trial and error, but I'm sure I could figure it out. Keep it in mind... until summer, lol.

I kwym about feeling guilty about dropping the ball. I feel that way nearly all the time. I'm even feeling that way about Isaac's birthday - even though I'm working my tail off getting things done. I just feel bad that it won't all be perfect... though that's impossible I do know, lol.
I haven't decided what to do for Levi's cake yet... I have a couple ideas, but nothing chosen. I have to focus on Isaac's anyways right now!
I'm loving those sharks!!! I don't think they'd be too hard - even just one shark, for K, would be awesome! Then you could just do the life preservers for the others, or even just the cupcakes iced to look like them! That wouldn't be too hard!
And I still haven't really decided whether to try to have a party for Levi or not. Not a big thing, just a BBQ supper with friends, then cake. But it might be nice to do. We'll see.

AFM: Levi's such a monkey! I've been busy working on the cake, this morning I did a 2nd icing layer on the cake and turrets (cones!), got the turrets put together and on the cake, and edged the top of the castle with silver balls. I don't have a ton left now - I need to make some fondant and create a door and maybe some windows or bars or something like that. And we'll get a couple of his playmobil knights washed off and ready to go on it! Should be easy peasy.
The main thing I've got to get done (well, get DH to do) is take pictures for the treasure hunt clues. The weather is so all over the place - nice and sunny for a day, then cloudy, then horrid cold and rainy - so we're not going to know if we're doing outside or inside until tomorrow... like an hour before the party starts, lol. We've got ideas for both in the house and around town. Hopefully we'll be able to go out for a walk, but no biggie if we don't get to. It'll still work.

Anyways, Levi, monkey. While I was working on the cake today I heard him chattering away to himself - looked in the living room and found him on the end table playing with the lamp and phone. Not really a new thing for him (he's a climber and loves the phone!) but what is new is that he didn't go from the couch to the table, he'd rolled his push bike thing over to the table and climbed on that to get on the table!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #108
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

So glad his bum is better!! K never really gets rashes anymore, but with doing EC and the warm weather, he is usually in a fitted with no cover at all unless the boys are around (they hold him and don't check if he's wet, then have to change their shirts, lol) or we go out. At night and most days and evenings, he is just in a diap.

what does his push bike look like? He's a smart one, hehe!

If we get $$ for Kailani's b-day these are some things I have on a list: a wagon, a ride on bike, toy, rocket ship, whatever. A mini basketball hoop, some balls and some tactile books.

I did want to make those cupcakes, but i wouldn't have done one for K because of the food coloring and also, the shark is a twinkie, lol. I made him a blueberry muffin cake tonight and Hana is going to make fresh whipped cream for the topping and I will put a chocolate shark among the waves. I am going to color the whipped cream either with one of the powdered drink packets I have (Crystal light PURE is all natural and has dried veg/fruit for color) or use blueberry yogurt or something. And I made the choc sharks myself. Here is what I made for Hana, the kids and I. I was craving red velvet cake and then after I made it I thought, haha blood red cake with a shark swimming on top. the fins are heathy heart shaped chocolate snap cookies I found at wegmans
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1310781055

this baby is all banged up. He has scrapes and scabs everywhere, forehead, hands, legs. Bruises, etc. His forehead has 3 dots on it that look like bites, but it is actually where he bit the dust holding a plastic, spiky dryer ball...a bit of

DH is so worried that when he family comes, Kailani won't take to them bc he doesn't see them. I keep warning him that they/Hana have to let KAILANI feel comfortable 1st, not try to take him from me or go pick him up when he doesn't come to them. I said just bc he is little doesn't mean he doesn't have a voice. I don't rem if I told this story, but when his bro and GF came in June, the 1st day, w/i 5 min, Hana took him from me (while Kailani was just observing them) and handed him to his brother. Of course he freaked and it took him WAY longer to warm up to him. His GF was just doing peekaboo (and she doesn't even like kids, lol) and talking to him, but not making a big deal and he went to her within 30 min. My SIL can be very overbearing (my own older sis is like this) and there's gonna be ILs, niece, SIL, BIL, BIL's GF all ascending at the same time. So I am just hoping they will give him space or else they will have a disappointing week. At least he is pretty laid back and easily warms up to ppl. DS2 and DS4 took YEARS to warm up to some ppl (and I am not exaggerating)

Ok, I think I have typed enough, lol
Old 05-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #109
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena - LOVE the pics on your blog - so cute.

Jul - I totally agree with you. When my mom came to visit she asked Zay is she wanted to give ya ya a hug and Zay said no. A few days later she told me at first she was kind of hurt, but she said that she took a step back and was like "Zay doesn't know me what am I thinking" we had already talked about her letting the girls come to her when they were ready but when she first got here and asked that it kind of slipped her mine. but when Zay said no she let it go and the girls came to her in their own time. When my dad came - no real connections were formed because he was was pushy.

AFM: I have been MIA a little lately - just really run down and tired. Henna's birthday was yesterday and Zay decided that she needed a birthday party, so that was fun lol. And we finally got to talk to DH on skype for the first time since he left so that was a nice treat - Zaylee danced for him and sang him songs - it was so cute.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #110
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul - Great job on those cakes!!! They look awesome! :yum:
I kwym about them needing time to warm up/get used to other people. Ruthie was never like that at all - just never shy ever. Zech didn't take to people very quickly at all, it took him days to get comfortable. Isaac was somewhere in between. And Levi has his own way of doing it, too. I'd never really thought about it until my parents were here and he wouldn't leave my arms. After about 10mins of them just being here, talking to him and whatnot, we all went down to the playroom and just started playing with all the kids. Levi sat in my lap then for all of 30 seconds, then got crawling around playing too, and my parents were able to start playing with him. That's about all it took for him to take to them and I was even able, after a few more minutes of play, to go upstairs and make supper.

Mer - I remember how tired I was pregnant with Isaac when Zech was this age. I remember every day for naptime I'd get Zech down then lay out the couch, settle Ruthie there with a movie, and lay down with her to nap myself! I was just exhausted

AFM: Nothing much, just a really busy weekend and still more to do. We had our friends' DD's bday party on Friday afternoon/evening, Isaac's yesterday afternoon (it went really well!), then church and town and (our last!) small group study/pot luck tonight. Then tomorrow Ruth and Zech are going on an overnight field trip to the city, they have to be up and at the school early... like before they're normally out of bed! And I'll have to go for groceries with the little boys, but at least I don't have to worry about having to be home for Ruth and Zech after school.
Then Tuesday is Isaac's nursery school graduation - DH is taking the day off and Isaac is excited. I still, however, need to write in and wrap all their grad books The teacher had shoulder surgery on her dominant hand/arm and asked me to do it... I said yes, not thinking about everything I had to do this weekend.
AND, to top things off, on Friday night after we got home from our friends' farm we checked all the kids for ticks. Isaac had one in his hair... but it wasn't from that night, it was starting to swell so obviously had been there at least a day or 2, if not 3. Disgusting. Anyways, DH pulled it out, got it all, and we put peroxide on the spot. Yesterday I checked it and it looked fine, but today it's starting to swell and get redness around it. I'm taking him to our Dr tomorrow ASAP to get some meds for him.