Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #31
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantBlue View Post
Hi ladies! I've been MIA on here for awhile. Just can't keep up!

Elena - is any of the flooding in MB effecting you all? I've been lurking the DDC and birth story forums too Not the right time right now Seriously. I told DH that when I'm done my classes we can consider it, which is more of a compromise than what it was before (straight out no!)

Anyway, not much to report on that end of things. Just trying to figure out if what I have is fixable by just talking to someone about it or if I do need medication to make things more reasonable for myself.
Hi Jessica!
We didn't have much flooding on our property, just our ditches and back yard - our house is actually one of the highest points in our whole town, so even if we had house flooding we could never complain because everyone else would be worse off than us! There was some flooding in our neighbour's yard and some fields, the day care basement flooded. But noone's house too badly. I posted some pictures on my blog of the flooding when it was nearly at it's worst.
It is really quite bad in Brandon and I don't think the river's really crested yet. I was in town today - there are 2 roads across the river, both sandbagged. On one the water is just starting to come through the sandbags a little bit, but they're pumping it out and keeping up well. On the other road it's really coming through the sandbags on one side, like starting to flow across the road. Not good.

I definitely would love to be pregnant again, even now, but I'm also in no rush at all at the same time - if that makes any sense. Whenever it happens, DH and I are totally fine and excited about it!

I know exactly what you mean about depression/finding the good in things/pessimism. Yes to everything you described.
I was talking to DH the other day about religion and God and whatnot, and this kinda came up. I told him that although there are times and moments that I enjoy, things that are fun and whatever, overall I really don't find enjoyment in my life. It's unfortunate, and I have just come to accept it and live with it as is. I would love to truly have a good day but I just don't think it's in the cards for me. At least not right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Guy WONT get rid of the dog. No way no how. I told him he needed to choose and he said "of course I choose you" so I told him he has to go. Yeah right...he tells me what I want to hear but really never follows thru. He is going to take him to a kennel while he is gone for the two weeks. So that is good. Now I just need to keep him from putting him on the couch. He says that he fell asleep and the stupid thing jumped up there and he didn't get him off.

AFM: my doc switched my meds again and this one isn't working. Now I have this horrible nervous twitchy feeling. I am just praying it is out of my system soon! When I was younger I did some ummm expeirmenting with some....you know...not men but bad stuff. So this feels like when I did them which brings back a ton of bad memories. So now I feel really tweeked out and I HATE it! I am trying to eat alot to absorb it. therefore my mind is racing and I can't type as fast as my mind is going. Excuse all the typos and what not and the sentences that probably don't make sense.

Dh sold another house in 6 days and then another one was bought and sold in about 2 hours. The man wanting to sell knocked on Dh's window...so DH took his buyers, they loved it shook on it and now all 3 houses will close end of may!!!! Dh said that when the house closes he will get the playroom fixed. But I am not hopeful...once again tells me what I want to hear.
It is going really well with Anthony's school and I find myself less irritated with him.
Hopefully he will follow through and kennel the dog this time. If he doesn't, I would seriously take the dog to the pound/spca and put it up for adoption. That way you don't have to worry about neighbors being "helpful" and bringing the dog home!

That doesn't sound like a good feeling (with the new meds) at all. I would hate to feel like I did when I used drugs.

That's awesome that the house sales are going so well for your DH! Treat yourself to something!!
And for the whole preschool thing going well and you getting a break! Is Anthony enjoying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Elena, we are having great discussions in our private fb group

AFM: Our MOTS mother's day party went really well this morning! We were all trying to think of door prizes to donate and I ended up making up 2 "gift certificates" for a hat of the winner's choice - the moms that got them were really happy and excited! Now I'm really thinking I'll have to sit down and set up an Etsy store this summer for me and my friend to sell on/through. I also need to get some yarn bought and these hats made!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #32
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Addi has a tooth, Addi has a tooth, Addi has a taaaooooth!!!!

11 months old to the day and she cut her first tooth today. Now I am worried about her thumb sucking. She is very dependent on those thumbs. My midwife said when her dd got teeth, she stopped sucking her thumb. Is that common?

Hope all is well here. It is getting harder to keep up with this now that we have such a wonderful group with all the june moms who don't post here anymore. >>>clears throat, Elena<<<<< It is such a great group, no one can see what we post unless they are in the group. There are 12 member in it.... I really think we need 13.

Elena: Just watched Levi's video of walking! So cute I have videos of Addi on FB

Last edited by solarbabies; 05-06-2011 at 09:04 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #33
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - You guys are terrible!!! *sigh* Horrible influence. I actually think DH has an old FB account. I will ask him about it when he gets up.
for that Addi's tooth!!!

AFM: Went to DH's award presentation last night. The older kids stayed with our sitter and Levi came with us. It went very well, we weren't able to stay all the way until the end, but probably more than half the night. Levi just got tired and would not settle to sleep (new place, lots of people, who could blame him?!) and I am really so I just was exhausted.
Today, although it's kinda cloudy, I'm hoping to go to a town-wide yard sale nearby. We need a few more dining chairs (really a whole new table... but I don't think a bigger one would ever fit in the dining space we have) and Ruthie needs a bigger bike.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #34
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - YAYE! For the first tooth

Elena - Hope you get to feeling better

DH sent me flowers and a teddy bear today, he usually doesn't get me stuff on mother's day, birthday, anniversary, just because we aren't that kind of people I guess. We get each other things at the most random times, but I think since he's gone he's trying to make me feel special and make the time apart easier, and he didn't send a crapton of roses and they were white and pink not red...he knows me so well
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #35
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mer - That's so sweet of him!

AFM: I'm not sure what we're going to do tomorrow - thinking about going to the international peace gardens and wandering around looking at the flowers and letting the kids play on the playgrounds there, take some picnic-y snacks and whatnot... but I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be. Gotta check the weather network and see what they're calling for. If not that, we'll probably just go to church and out for lunch with friends. Oh shoot... I did tell Ruthie we'd try to look for a new bike for her tomorrow - she needs a bigger one and has easter $$ to buy herself one. Shoot. Ah well, still depends on the weather.
Today was a beautiful day! I'm still and feeling horrid, but I dosed up on extra strength Advils and started the day. Made blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, got ready and went to a town garage sale, got a few things there - not exactly things we were looking for, but still some good deals - crocs and a cap for Zech, some chapter books for the kids, a foot "spa" thingy ($5!) and a candle for me, pair of old navy jammies for Levi (a little big, size 2, but he'll be wearing them before the end of the year for sure), and a canopy thing for Ruthie's bed.
Then we stopped for ice cream cuz the kids were really pretty good for the whole time and we needed a snack. The kids asked if we could go to a playground there, so we stopped for over an hour there! Then home and played out in the yard for another hour+. And I finally got the yard cleaned up from all the winter's dog poo It's disgusting and I hate it, but when it's below zero and snowing all the time we can't clean it up so it collects out there from about Nov through until spring. Ick.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #36
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #37
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Happy Mother's Day to you all! It don't really feel like a special day to me....maybe because I have never had a mother's day for me. DH wants to take us to town, go to lunch, and maybe go to the zoo or something like that.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - I hope you ended up having a good, fun, happy mother's day!

AFM: We ended up going to church and whatnot, as they were forecasting rain for today. They were right... although it didn't start until late this afternoon. I do wish we had decided to go to the gardens and picnic, but ah well.
We got to church, went for lunch with our friends, Ruthie picked out her new bike and helmet, I got some hanging flower baskets and fruit bushes (raspberry and blueberry) to plant along the front of our deck (hopefully they'll take and grow and we'll have berries to munch :yum. Then we should have gone home. But we didn't. We went to the mall to look for a few more things. That was definitely overdoing it and I feel much worse now.
Anyways, tomorrow's back to school for the kids (famous person day, for spirit week, for the kids - Ruth's going as Laura Ingalls, Zech's being Sam from Tron!), so I'll have the day to try to catch up on everything I've slacked on over the weekend. Gotta get laundry and diapers done, chores done around the house, and I still need to get some branches picked up in the yard.

In Brandon there's a real risk of major flooding - that's about 40mins north of us. If the sandbags and dikes don't hold... it's just going to be a major catastrophe. I'm very scared for the people there, we know some people (from church and DH's aunt and uncle) who will be greatly impacted (as in their whole house would be flooded) if it happens. We have checked in with his uncle, they're fine and have lots of help and will call if they need anything. We called a family from church (they also go to our bible study) and have offered our house to them if they need to evacuate. They are from Egypt and have no family here, so if they have to leave they would be staying in a hotel indefinitely. I really hope they will take us up on the offer if they need to leave. We certainly don't mind - we have the room to accomodate them, and I would think being with friends would be better than being in a hotel room alone.
Scary times. There is just so much water it's unbelievable. I keep meaning to take my camera with me to town to get some pictures to post for family to see. I plan to go for groceries tomorrow (although I may not be able to get to some stores) and I will hopefully remember to get some shots then. It really is unbelievable how much water is going through there right now.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #39
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

hope everyone had a great day! my day with the kids was very nice, they were charming, loving and funny. DH ticked me off though, but I just kept telling myself it was about me being a mom. It's frustrating bc he is so tired all the time, but makes time to work out (which I can NOT deny him, he has a lot of weight to lose), but that leaves like nothing for me. (like I wanted him to offer to go to the store for me before he went to work today and he begrudgingly did and I was like forget it!). Anyway, enough of that. The kids made me a card, gave me a ton of money (weird, bc they want me to buy myself something nice, and if they had bought me something, I would keep it, but I feel weird taking money from my kids). They would go to put something on their ipods, but ask what I wanted to hear 1st. We had meh picnic food at my moms and I had decided for dinner (bc hana was working late and I knew I wouldn't want to cook) to have him cook some fried chicken at target and I went to wegmans and got their ready made mashed potatoes, coleslaw and mac n cheese. Then on a whim, late, on the way home from getting Hana from work, I stopped and got an ice cream cake .

Elena, sounds as though you have been productive, yet too much so, lol. You need to rest! Hope you feel better. I am fighting what Mateo and Kailani had. Yesterday mateo was a mess. He had had a cold all week and was just laying around since Tuesday? I thought he was getting better on Friday night, then yesterday, he didn't go to his game and in the late afternoon, he started crying (he doesn't cry) and he said his ears were hurting so bad. I have been really lax about giving homeopathic rememdies bc I couldn't find my book and also, I just haven't been consistent. You have to know symtom specific stuff (like does the ear ache feel better with warmth, etc) and he was in pain and not communicating well. Well, I found the book, figured out the right combo and also did some garlic/olive oil. He was able to fall asleep on the couch and a bit later he woke and ate (which he hadn't been). He stayed home from church (so therefore I did too) bc he was still blowing his nose so much he didn't want to be doing that in a service but then we went to my moms and he was running around. I think he overdid it bc tonight he asked for more garlic oil drops (and he fought me doing them to him for a long time) and started taking the remedies again (homeopathy works like you stop taking it as soon as you start to feel better). So, hopefully, I will make him take it easy tomorrow and he will recover. After seeing him go thru that pain, makes me wonder if that's what the baby has been going thru. He is still clingy and not sleeping well during the day and sneezy.
But he has added, "yeah" and "baby" to his words. And Hana said yesterday when I went to drop the boys to church, he would play with hana, then walk to the door and say, "mam?" or "mama?" after a few times of going back and forth (I was gone less than 20 min), hana swears he said, "wheresmymam?". eh, idk. at least one of my kids was speaking in 2-3 word sentences by the time they were a yr, so who knows.

that flooding sounds so bad, elena! Please post pics and keep us posted!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #40
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I got to town for groceries today, but had to stay on this side of the river. No pics from me, we aren't supposed to be going near the area unless for emergency vehicles and the families that are being evacuated today and tomorrow. There is so much water. It's unbelievable, honestly shocking. I'm not sure what this means for the town if the dikes and sandbags don't hold. It'll be a huge mess, so many homes and businesses lost.