Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #51
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

Shannon - Congrats!!!! I'm sitting here so super jealous!!! But oh so super happy for you!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #52
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I'm packing up dipes just to see what I have/don't have what needs sunning and bla bla bla while it's summer and we have sun. I have lost 3 covers...3! I'm sure they are around here but they are pretty big, I would think I would be missing the tiny inserts, but I'm only short 1. I'm also down 8 prefolds...HOLY COW...I'm loosing my mind
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #53
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

instead of a sock monster you must have a diaper monster, Mer!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #54
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Pregnant lady rant - if one more person says "I hope for your sake it's a boy" or "I hope it's a boy" or "Are you just praying it's a boy this time" I will beat them with their own arms. If we have a boy we will love him all the same but in all honesty we are totally happy with our girl dynamic and we would be ecstatic to have a family of all girls. DH even came home from his BF's wedding and said "Rachel has 5 sisters, if I knew we would have all girls, I would want 6 of them" is that SOOO wrong? Sheesh. It's not like I got knocked up because I HAVE to have a boy, I got knocked up because Brian is hot and the kids were sleeping and we were taking a shower so we were like half way there anyway - good grief!
LMAO!!!
Just wait til you have five girls If we get blessed with more, I could care less if it's a boy or girl! Fun to have a girl to mix it up, but sheesh, I know how to raise boys now, lol

Shannon, don't be it's easy! Honestly, my 1st 2 being 14 mo apart (and then ultimately have 4 under 5) was way easier than kailani and the teens, I swear! It's super fun having them close together and no one really expects anything out of you, haha
Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #55
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Meredith you crack me up

I can't imagine all the comments you've heard, Jul.

Not a whole lot new around here. Mostly I lurk
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #56
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Pregnant lady rant - if one more person says "I hope for your sake it's a boy" or "I hope it's a boy" or "Are you just praying it's a boy this time" I will beat them with their own arms. If we have a boy we will love him all the same but in all honesty we are totally happy with our girl dynamic and we would be ecstatic to have a family of all girls. DH even came home from his BF's wedding and said "Rachel has 5 sisters, if I knew we would have all girls, I would want 6 of them" is that SOOO wrong? Sheesh. It's not like I got knocked up because I HAVE to have a boy, I got knocked up because Brian is hot and the kids were sleeping and we were taking a shower so we were like half way there anyway - good grief!
I find so many pregnant comments so rude! I mean those "do you hope it's a boy"...blah blah blah. Umm yeah you idiot I will not love my girl because I hoped it was a boy.
My DF is pregnant with her 3rd. Her older tow are 7 and 8. Yeah they are far apart, yeah it was kind of a surprise but I would never say "was this an oops or an accident" Geez What the heck why not a simple congratulations!
Hmmm maybe I should test...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Shannon - You guys are terrible!!! *sigh* Horrible influence. I actually think DH has an old FB account. I will ask him about it when he gets up.
for that Addi's tooth!!!

AFM: Went to DH's award presentation last night. The older kids stayed with our sitter and Levi came with us. It went very well, we weren't able to stay all the way until the end, but probably more than half the night. Levi just got tired and would not settle to sleep (new place, lots of people, who could blame him?!) and I am really so I just was exhausted.
Today, although it's kinda cloudy, I'm hoping to go to a town-wide yard sale nearby. We need a few more dining chairs (really a whole new table... but I don't think a bigger one would ever fit in the dining space we have) and Ruthie needs a bigger bike.
Wellll I am waiting to friend you. I had to come to DS for my Elena fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Mer - That's so sweet of him!

AFM: I'm not sure what we're going to do tomorrow - thinking about going to the international peace gardens and wandering around looking at the flowers and letting the kids play on the playgrounds there, take some picnic-y snacks and whatnot... but I'm not sure what the weather is supposed to be. Gotta check the weather network and see what they're calling for. If not that, we'll probably just go to church and out for lunch with friends. Oh shoot... I did tell Ruthie we'd try to look for a new bike for her tomorrow - she needs a bigger one and has easter $$ to buy herself one. Shoot. Ah well, still depends on the weather.
Today was a beautiful day! I'm still and feeling horrid, but I dosed up on extra strength Advils and started the day. Made blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, got ready and went to a town garage sale, got a few things there - not exactly things we were looking for, but still some good deals - crocs and a cap for Zech, some chapter books for the kids, a foot "spa" thingy ($5!) and a candle for me, pair of old navy jammies for Levi (a little big, size 2, but he'll be wearing them before the end of the year for sure), and a canopy thing for Ruthie's bed.
Then we stopped for ice cream cuz the kids were really pretty good for the whole time and we needed a snack. The kids asked if we could go to a playground there, so we stopped for over an hour there! Then home and played out in the yard for another hour+. And I finally got the yard cleaned up from all the winter's dog poo It's disgusting and I hate it, but when it's below zero and snowing all the time we can't clean it up so it collects out there from about Nov through until spring. Ick.
Ugh stupid dog poo. Why can't they hold it during the winter that way when the snow melts you don't have to dig thru it all!
I wish that there was more yard sales around here. I love them and always find something I can't live without!
Sorry for the flooding that is horrible. There has been some crazy weather in the south too. I am just so nervous about our upcoming trip to the frio river. (Jul you asked along time ago which river...It is the Rio Frio river about an hour away from San Antonio...in a tiny town near Concan texas) I will be so disappointed if there is no water. Or only an inch deep. Mostly I wouldn't care but DH is there and he already things the whole idea is silly and a waste. Ugh...

AFM: Hmmmm well mothers day was ok. I took back the Nook (Elena it is like the kindle but you can get on the internet) and told DH that since I put up with all his dog crap that he had to get me an IPad 2! I love it!
The other night Anthony got into a bottle of baby powder and my makeup and dumped it all over my bedroom, in the fan on my bed and floor. It was like a huge smoke cloud in there. I was just in there for a few minutes and my chest hurt from all the talc. He is so mischevious and gets into EVERYTHING. Before that he got into a bunch of cleaners and was playing chemist and mixing them. It is my fault because I don't have them locked up. Paityn was never like this!

Cooper is doing well. He is starting to wave and shakes his head yes and no. I am a tad frustrated with his signing though. Shouldn't he already be signing by now? I guess he is on the late side of normal for everything though. He has although signed more once.
He is a little piggy. Man that kid can eat. I could sit there for hours feeding him and he doesn't stop me. He still nurses but sometimes only 3 times other times 4-5 times. Still doesn't crawl but can scoot around in circles on his butt! Yesterday I sat him down on the floor while I took a shower. I peeked out at him and he was all the way across the bathroom eating toilet paper. Little stinker!
Our weekends have been SO busy with the kids soccer. I really love it though. It breaks up the weekend. This weekend Paityn is going camping with her girlscouts.
Dh leaves saturday for 10 days. I feel like when he gets home our summer is going to go into fast forward. May 28th is Cooper's cake smash photos, June 4th is Coopers birthday and I want to have a small cookout, June 11th is my friends baby shower, June 18th to the 26th we will be in texas, Not much in July and in August my friend will have her baby! June is jam packed.
I have both kids signed up for summer camp! I feel a little guilty for being so excited about them being gone all day....
DH has sold 5 houses in a month and a half! He is on fire with his real estate which is good because in the winter nobody buys houses....

Jess no lurking aloud It's alright I follow yours and Elena's blog! Oh and did you already go to Ava's geneticist appointment?

Alright ladies I will bbl!

Last edited by tamarag; 05-12-2011 at 12:42 PM.
tamarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #57
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tamara - I still haven't decided about FB.
Don't feel guilty about looking forward to the kids doing camp this summer - we may put the older 2 in some camp this summer, but we'll have to look at when/where we want to camp first. I definitely want to get some camping in this year!
How are you feeling on the new meds?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #58
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Elena, I am gonna decide for you, woman! DS loads so slow for me and then I end up on FSOT deciding what I can't live without

Tam, Hana said he heard of that river he thinks. Lock up your cleaners for reals! I only use TTO, baking soda or vinegar now. DH has some bleach on the washer in the basement but the baby never goes there by himself.
Fun on the ipad2! I am carrier crazy again, tam...I sold my sister's ergo, kept the money and bought a beco 4g in giraffe print (I might sell the other one!)
I don't think he is "behind" anyway, there is a huge range of normal. He and Addi seem to be on the same page and maybe Keegi? Kailani doesn't sign. He signed more one time. I sign a bunch of stuff to him and he understands it, but I don't think he is trying to sign back, I dunno.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #59
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Levi signed a couple things (more and all done) when he was 7 or 8 months old, and then stopped and refused to sign at all. Suddenly in the past couple weeks he's really picked it back up! I think it's all a personality thing, some kids "take" to it, some don't.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #60
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

signing with babies wasn't around when my kids were little and they all talked really early....I have done signs with Kailani bc I am interested in ASL and have learned some and taught my kids some in the past, mostly out of my love of the language. I don't expect Kailani to do it so that he can communicate earlier, I just like it. And having said that, he has saying new words every few days, I think he says about 15 now!