Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #61
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBugs MAY chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
signing with babies wasn't around when my kids were little and they all talked really early....I have done signs with Kailani bc I am interested in ASL and have learned some and taught my kids some in the past, mostly out of my love of the language. I don't expect Kailani to do it so that he can communicate earlier, I just like it. And having said that, he has saying new words every few days, I think he says about 15 now!
Holy cow! Henna only has like 3 words - then again both her and Zay walked really early and Zay didn't use words for what seemed like forever...now the kid won't shut up.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #62
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul - Wow, K's sure talking a lot! Ruthie was like that, too, lots of words by a year and 3-4 word sentences by 18mos. Made me always feel like Zech was slow in talking when he was just fine/average!
Levi says a few words - cat, dog, mum-mum, dada, up, (he calls birds) tweets, shakes his head for yes and no, and signs more and all done.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #63
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

my crazy kids all walked early and talked early (the one who was speaking in sentences by a yr walked on his 9mo b-day) none of them walked as early as henna, though! How old was zaylee?
Kailani says: mom (or mama, or MAM), mup (up), dada, brother, aye-oh (Mateo), meow, bird, yeah, hi, hey, baby, ball...that might be it, I think there are some more that he is trying to say and I am just not getting it. He will mimic the sounds we do a lot too. Just like his mama, won't ever close his pie hole
He def knows the signs for eat, nurse, tired, hungry, more and potty...

Elena, I LOVE "tweets"

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 05-13-2011 at 07:48 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #64
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

me too. He knows exactly what we mean when we say bird, and tried to say it a couple times, but settled on "tweets" and it's stuck. Isaac won a bird feeder at my MOTS mother's day party and we hung it in the front yard so we can see it from the living room - Isaac and Levi (and our cat, lol) love watching the tweets!

AFM: Oh boy am I ever having baby/pregnancy fever right now! Darn the dd boards and those new itties!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #65
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Jul: WOW! Addi has just started saying dada but doesn't really direct it. She also says mama but doesn't direct it. She is into handing anything to whoever is close to her. She says something like "ear" when she hands it to you. I think she is saying here but I don't know for sure.

Elena: Tweet

AFM: I feel I got some sort of head cold/sore throat and I have a constant dull nausea feeling. I can still eat and I haven't lost any meals yet, but it is coming . I HATED being preggo with Addi because I was so so sick the entire time. I couldn't hold anything down without zofran. My old midwife retired so I need to find a new one. I honestly don't even want to go to a midwife yet I stink at change and I want my old midwife

Addi wants to crawl so bad! She will get on her knees and reach really far, but won't move and eventually just sits back down. She is gaining weight though. I can't see her backbone anymore and her legs have little rolls

Here's my sweet pea and her tooth
Old 05-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #66
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon - the Addi pic! What a cute toofer! I can tell she's gained just from that pic - her cheeks are chubbier!
Sorry you're not feeling great (and about that, btw! ) but hopefully the ickiness won't last the whole pregnancy this time. I had a lot of morning sickness with Ruth's pregnancy and then nothing too bad with any of the others - definitely some great nausea at times but not much vomiting. Although, I'm still not sure whether that's all because that was a girl pregnancy or because it was my first - I'm interested to see, if/when we have another baby girl, how that pregnancy goes.

AFM: Possibly speaking of that (although how in the world that would be possible after the AF last week? ) I've had some weird symptoms... definitely ones that would point to pregnancy if not for that AF, kwim? The other day I got so dizzy in the shower I fell over I noticed yesterday that I have a darkening line on my lower tummy - which I've never gotten while not pregnant except in the very first PP when it's still there obviously. And I feel like I'm bigger - had to move a belt loop, my pants feel tighter - but when I weighed myself tonight I'm about 119lbs... when I was 125lbs last time I weighed myself a month or 2 ago... and I'm bigger than I was then I'm sure.
It's all odd enough that I would take a hpt, if I had one here, lol. I may pick one up tomorrow in town, just to take and be sure. This is all just very odd.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 PM   #67
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Elena: If you are preggo we could be dd buddies again Well, not the same date, but at least the same month! The line on your belly is what makes me think you might be right. Maybe your ovulation is off some...there is a chance...

We will see about my I guess. I hope it stays calmer this time. And hey, maybe I will get a little boy I would a boy and girl!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #68
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Shannon, that's so funny that's she's gaining weight now that she's trying to move! I think Kailani is losing weight. He looks long and skinny now. I love that itty toof!
Most midwives and OBs don't even see mamas til about 14-15 wks, so you have time! What kind of midwife was she? CNM? CPM? Are you looking at birth centers or hospital midwives?

Elena, it might not have been AF, ykwim? Could have been implantation or whatevs...rem that's why I was so confused about my DD by a few wks, bc of the bleeding in the beginning! so......let us know
Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #69
solarbabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jul: She was both... This is her. She did her last birth in Jnauary The way it worked with her is she had her garage converted into a home office/birth center. It was her, an apprentice midwife, and DH and I. I had Addi on the floor in her house. I don't know anything about going through a hospital. My friend said you didn't get to choose your midwife and she had 6 different ones during the long labor she had. I want my one midwife whether in her office or at a hospital I guess I don't care too much. I loved Addi's birth though and would do it the same all over.

I heard that you should book an appt with the midwife you want right away because they may fill up. The Women's hospital is a lot easier to get to for us, but still 45 miles away.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #70
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll let you know if I get up the guts to test, lol. I don't know. I think about it and get butterflies in my stomach! It would hurt to see a bfn, although I would be expecting it, kwim? Yet the weird things are there - that line (like you said Shannon) and being bigger while weighing less...
DH keeps saying that AF means nothing because of Isaac's pregnancy - I had what I thought was a 12d AF and then got a bfp with him. Turned out I had an SCH causing the bleeding, but had no troubles or anything after that. All that does is make it hard to trust that AF = not pregnant, though, lol.

Just to add to my mystery - I was really surprised with this AF. It wasn't what I was expecting for a first pp AF, definitely lighter than I had anticipated, and there were no clots or anything at all. From my own experience with ppAFs that's odd too.