Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
doxiegal's Avatar
doxiegal
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 202
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

It's beautiful here..about 80, sunny and breezy.

I've never had a MC. I'm not really worried b/c I have symptoms from very early on. I got my bfp at 9dpo and a couple days later the morning sickness and the fatigue started. I've been having little cramps lately too. It's usually when I've been lax on my water. So I use it as an excuse to sit down with a nice glass of ice water.

Advertisement

__________________
~Danielle
Mom to Sean 11/01/07 Madison 4/01/09 and Emily 12/29/11

My blog: Mama Dani's Musings
~*~ My Etsy shop: Made By Mama Dani
doxiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
vittoriosmom's Avatar
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 973
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie327 View Post
I know if it is meant to happen it will. Lucky me I am in the 5% though and this is my first confirmed pregnancy since my m/c in November. When do you think you will tell your husband?
I spoke with my obgyn and she told me that I shouldn't tell my husband until I have an ultrasound picture, because for guys like "HIM" a positive test means just a pregnancy not an actual baby. I know to him it will mean: more responsibilities, less time with me, more money into college fund, less freedom and all the sacrifices that come with a second.

This pregnancy was achieved due to BC failure and I blame myself...I am sooooo extremely happy that the decision was made for us but also soooooo scared to tell him... I don't want him to know until I know that this bean is sticking...or else he will drive himself to a clinic and get a vasectomy and I will never have a second baby...

I feel like you mamas are so lucky to have supportive husbands and have your 3rd or 4th babies... I know I will not have that with this man... He is just a commitment phobe.

I am 100% positive that he will come around but initially it will be horrifying for him. I want to keep it for myself until I know that I have a sticky "situation"
This is how he was with our first...just freaked out and I am stressed out to go through that again... Just my reality!

At least I have a great supporter in my DOC!
__________________
Joanna
In love since 2003 and mama to 2 little bugs V 11/25/08 and A 12/30/11

Last edited by vittoriosmom; 05-03-2011 at 12:18 PM.
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #13
cutebluebaby's Avatar
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 3,409
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
I feel like you mamas are so lucky to have supportive husbands and have your 3rd or 4th babies... I know I will not have that with this man... He is just a commitment phobe.
DH said he always wanted 2. I want 3 (and the more I think about it... possibly 4, but definitely 3). He had just agreed to a third, and we were going to start trying a bit later on. We wanted to stop renting and actually have a house, and have N be a little older, and me be done with school before we started trying. This bean was a surprise. A big one. As soon as my ovulation starts a predictable pattern, it goes all out of whack... that's how all three of my kiddo's were conceived. *I can handle the tomatoes... go ahead and throw them *

N was in a "mood" last night. He's coughing, runny nose, wheezing, and teething that last eye tooth. He was very whiney. And I don't think it helped that DH didn't have the greatest day at work either. But I got a tactfully worded ear full at dinner last night. He said "I'm DONE after this. No more donations". I got up and took N and left dinner. Everyone has their bad days, but to have that kind of attitude... really? Cause DH is always such a peach to be around too.
__________________
Kate: wife to D
Mom to Z (7.2.2005), N (7.29.2009) , & A (1.9.2012)

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
vittoriosmom's Avatar
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 973
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Cause DH is always such a peach to be around too.
I can't believe this... They must all come from the same planet...
See...I am affraid of the tomatoes that will be thrown... We went to counselling for this issue and he basically told the therapist he would be suicidal if I was pregnant again... F@##ing drama queen...
__________________
Joanna
In love since 2003 and mama to 2 little bugs V 11/25/08 and A 12/30/11
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #15
cutebluebaby's Avatar
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 3,409
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
I can't believe this... They must all come from the same planet...
See...I am affraid of the tomatoes that will be thrown... We went to counselling for this issue and he basically told the therapist he would be suicidal if I was pregnant again... F@##ing drama queen...
Were there any complications with your other pregnancy that would make him feel that way? I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I can't imagine DH feeling that way over something that he helped create!
__________________
Kate: wife to D
Mom to Z (7.2.2005), N (7.29.2009) , & A (1.9.2012)

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #16
myblessedbaby's Avatar
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,346
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

I'm Kate. Age 34. I went through 2 years of IF and a m/c before DS. DD was conceived on the second try, and this pregnancy was conceived on the 4th try, with a m/c on the 2nd. It's weird how my body kind of straightened itself out after DS's birth. I was diagnosed with PCOS and had really funky cycles. But now, my cycles are pretty regular.

I was scheduled for my annual gyn exam around the same time that I got my BFP and went in for that appt., so I've already gotten bloodwork. It was 84 then 255 two days later. So doubling fine. I've got an ultrasound scheduled for 5/12. Hoping to see the heartbeat of this little bean then!
__________________
-Kate SAHM to John 12/31/07, Grace 10/15/09, Jack ^i^ 5/18/12 , and Jane 5/14/13
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #17
vittoriosmom's Avatar
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 973
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutebluebaby View Post
Were there any complications with your other pregnancy that would make him feel that way? I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I can't imagine DH feeling that way over something that he helped create!
No complications... other than we have a pretty big age difference between us...It is just so stressfull not telling anyone... I am glad I have you!
__________________
Joanna
In love since 2003 and mama to 2 little bugs V 11/25/08 and A 12/30/11
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #18
jessie327's Avatar
jessie327
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,192
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
No complications... other than we have a pretty big age difference between us...It is just so stressfull not telling anyone... I am glad I have you!
I am so sorry. We will all be here for you as well when you finally do decide to tell him. I pray that it will go more smoothly than you anticipate. Hugs mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I'm Kate. Age 34. I went through 2 years of IF and a m/c before DS. DD was conceived on the second try, and this pregnancy was conceived on the 4th try, with a m/c on the 2nd. It's weird how my body kind of straightened itself out after DS's birth. I was diagnosed with PCOS and had really funky cycles. But now, my cycles are pretty regular.

I was scheduled for my annual gyn exam around the same time that I got my BFP and went in for that appt., so I've already gotten bloodwork. It was 84 then 255 two days later. So doubling fine. I've got an ultrasound scheduled for 5/12. Hoping to see the heartbeat of this little bean then!
Welcome and yay for your bloodwork! My appointment is 5/10 and I am so excited for it!

Question for today: What are your Mother's Day Plans if you already know them?

We are hanging out at home. I think that we will go out for lunch on Saturday and then just do the family thing on Sunday. My girls have been working on presents for me so I will be opening them for quite some time I keep hearing "Mama, don't look" so I know it will be good

Today we are going to have lunch with my little kindergartener. My younger girls think it is cool and our oldest feels all special when we come. It is funny because for whatever reason she thinks her lunch box is so inconvenient to bring home in her backpack so this morning has already asked me "Can you bring my lunch box home with you when you leave?" She cracks me up. Have a great hump day ladies!
__________________
Jessie, Wife to M
Mama to P (7.15.05) and V (12.31.06) & R (3.23.09)

la de da
jessie327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #19
mrscompgeek's Avatar
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,174
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I'm Kate. Age 34. I went through 2 years of IF and a m/c before DS. DD was conceived on the second try, and this pregnancy was conceived on the 4th try, with a m/c on the 2nd. It's weird how my body kind of straightened itself out after DS's birth. I was diagnosed with PCOS and had really funky cycles. But now, my cycles are pretty regular.

I was scheduled for my annual gyn exam around the same time that I got my BFP and went in for that appt., so I've already gotten bloodwork. It was 84 then 255 two days later. So doubling fine. I've got an ultrasound scheduled for 5/12. Hoping to see the heartbeat of this little bean then!
It does happen that your body straightens itself out. I also was diagnosed with PCOS before DD was born and it took us over a year to get pregnant with her. Then after her birth and when my cycles came back they were way more regular. Like every 28-40 days instead of 45-80 days like before DD. And I got pregnant on the first cycle this time!! Granted it was a 52 day cycle but still, much better!!!
__________________
Shannon- Wife to my Techy hubs since 07,
SAH semi-crunchy mama to K{Oct '09} And A {Jan '12}
Baby Boy Z coming Aug '15
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #20
myblessedbaby's Avatar
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,346
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
It does happen that your body straightens itself out. I also was diagnosed with PCOS before DD was born and it took us over a year to get pregnant with her. Then after her birth and when my cycles came back they were way more regular. Like every 28-40 days instead of 45-80 days like before DD. And I got pregnant on the first cycle this time!! Granted it was a 52 day cycle but still, much better!!!
Yeah, when I read your first post, I thought, gee that sounds a lot like me. My cycles used to be 30-60 days. Even had a whole year without a period at one point. But now they are about 35 days.
__________________
-Kate SAHM to John 12/31/07, Grace 10/15/09, Jack ^i^ 5/18/12 , and Jane 5/14/13
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.