Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #21
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
No complications... other than we have a pretty big age difference between us...It is just so stressfull not telling anyone... I am glad I have you!
We'll be here! I hope it goes well. I'm hoping that once he's confronted with it, it won't be like he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie327 View Post
Question for today: What are your Mother's Day Plans if you already know them?

We are hanging out at home. I think that we will go out for lunch on Saturday and then just do the family thing on Sunday. My girls have been working on presents for me so I will be opening them for quite some time I keep hearing "Mama, don't look" so I know it will be good

Today we are going to have lunch with my little kindergartener. My younger girls think it is cool and our oldest feels all special when we come. It is funny because for whatever reason she thinks her lunch box is so inconvenient to bring home in her backpack so this morning has already asked me "Can you bring my lunch box home with you when you leave?" She cracks me up. Have a great hump day ladies!
We're going out to dinner with the IL's for Mother's Day / my birthday dinner with FIL. I think we're going to tell them then as well. DH didn't like any of the ideas I had before, and yesterday I had another, and just went with it. So far, DH likes it. MIL is getting a vase and flowers from the boys, both of which they made. Her gift from DH & I is a bib saying "I've got a surprise for you". Only down side is she's taking me out to lunch today for my birthday and then we're going to Kohl's cause she wants to buy me clothes. I could really use winter maternity stuff for student teaching.

I went to eat lunch yesterday with Z at his school. My friend was picking on me, saying that I had a "hot lunch date" for my birthday. I laughed and said yeah, the only time a hot dog counts as a date food.

I got my first appointment scheduled for May 27th. Unless something goes wrong, they start seeing me at 9 weeks, and that's the paperwork / family history visit. The first "visit" visit is when I'm 12 weeks. The office staff is really nice though so far.

Advertisement

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #22
MamaRachel
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
seller

My Mood:

We're having breakfast with my family and then doing something in the afternoon with my inlaws. We're going to tell them all on Sunday too. We bought cards for the grandmas that say (basically) "Happy Mother's Day Grandma, from all of us" and we were going to make it all 3 of us and then sign it from both boys and the newbie
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #23
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since I already did a little intro let me complete it...

My name is Joanna and I just turned 27 last Wed. That was also the day I found out I was pregnant for the 2nd time! It was a surprise...a huge one. What a wonderful birthday gift from life! I couldn't be happier!
I am not telling my husband until I know this bean is sticky because of hubbys "freaky" nature. I will let you know when the news have been broken.
I have a 2.5 year old Boy whom is the most important person in my life... I never knew you can love somebody SOOOOOO much! I am excited to share this love with another little person that will be joining our family!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #24
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CUTEBLUEBABY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (BELATED)
Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #25
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRachel View Post
We're having breakfast with my family and then doing something in the afternoon with my inlaws. We're going to tell them all on Sunday too. We bought cards for the grandmas that say (basically) "Happy Mother's Day Grandma, from all of us" and we were going to make it all 3 of us and then sign it from both boys and the newbie
That is such a cute idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
CUTEBLUEBABY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (BELATED)
Thanks!

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #26
audreyr
Registered Users
seller

My husband is taking the baby and I on an overnight trip down the coast to Carmel. There's a great aquarium in Monterey and a nice restaurant that we like to eat at So excited as we all need a break!

We haven't told anyone and probably won't until 3 months. We like to keep it to ourselves for a while before everyone else goes crazy. Plus my husband is in a bit of denial right now- He got really excited last month when my period was 10 days late and we got a very faint positive line, and then he was really sad when my period came a few days later. This month there was a very dark very clear positive line, so I think this bean is going to take, but he doesn't want to get excited too soon again.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #27
doxiegal
Registered Users

I'm so horrible at waiting so we told everyone on Easter..so 12dpo. Lol

I told DH by asking him to check to if we had everything to make dinner. He opened the cabinet to find a speg jar with a sign that said "this isn't preggo but your wife is".

My parents were the next to know. We had them over for waffles. Their napkins said "my eggo is preggo". That also served as my blog announcement b/c I blog waffle recipes/reviews on the weekends.

The in laws got plastic Easter eggs with a picture of a chick in it. The chick had "our chick will hatch around Jan 3, 2012" written on it.

Lastly was FB. I uploaded a picture of my Moses basket with the caption "my Easter basket...to be filled around Jan 3, 2012"

My blog: Mama Dani's Musings
~*~ My Etsy shop: Made By Mama Dani
doxiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #28
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi I am Stacie! I am 33 years old and have been ttc for 4 cycles until today! This will be our third baby. We have 2 boys 9 and almost 6 so we are kind of starting over. I am a nurse and work nights. I have never worked and been pg or had an infant before so it will be a new experience! I am not sure when we will tell people. I would really like to wait till 12 wks but I don't think I could keep my mouth shut for that long especially at work. I can not wait to tell the boys. They think because they were both born on the 19 th that the baby must as well. They know we are ttc. Anyway can't wait to make this journey with all of you!!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #29
CrazynLove
Registered Users

Hi ladies . My name is Meaghan, I am 27 and expecting number four somewhere around January 11. I have two ds's, 5 and 3 and one dd, whose first bday was yesterday . We are super excited, but not telling anyone for a bit, nit sure how long that will last though . No scheduled appointments yet, we are still deciding if we will use an ob (1hr away) or local birth center/midwife.
I am looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #30
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

How are ya'll feeling? I'm exhausted! I feel the need to take a nap every afternoon.