Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #141
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat 5/2-5/8

Re: heartbeat bear

I got mine at the ultrasound place that we go to since we have a midwife. However, to record it all they use is the little recordable boxes from Build a bear. She just pressed the record button and had everyone be quiet while she recorded the heartbeat. So really anyone could probably get one of the recordable boxes from Build a Bear and ask their ultrasound tech to record the heartbeat for them or just press the button yourself while you are listening to the heartbeat. I'm sure most wouldn't mind. Mine have always been so nice even at the obgyn's. Then go back to Build a Bear and pick a bear! And if the battery ever goes out she said you can go back to Build a Bear and get a new one and you won't lose the recording. One associate had told the tech that and they called the guy who made them. I love it! For some reason the sound seems to sooth the toddler too

Advertisement

Last edited by momof4kidz; 05-08-2011 at 09:30 PM.
momof4kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #142
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

11:43 P.M. Day 3 of DD#3 no nin! Haven't offered.. The only thing she says is "Nin nin Seeping" then runs off to play or gives me a hug. I don't think I'm ready for this to be over!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #143
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4kidz View Post
A late happy mothers day to all. My cousins wife who I havent seen in quite a while sent me such a sweet message today. She has five kids too. Same birth order but all grown. She told me if we ever needed anything to contact her and to hang in there because it is hard sometimes dealing with all the people who think you don't need that many kids. It was such a sweet note it had me bawling! I was just so happy to have some support! She's Catholic too so if we can't find a godparent at the church we may ask her and her hubby!
very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
11:43 P.M. Day 3 of DD#3 no nin! Haven't offered.. The only thing she says is "Nin nin Seeping" then runs off to play or gives me a hug. I don't think I'm ready for this to be over!!
*hugs*

AFM: OB apmt this morning... should be a quick one (you know pee in a cup, listen to the HB...)
Started sewing the bean's NB diaper stash this weekend. I am going w/ OBF Flats/Prefolds for the NB phase w/ wool and pul covers... now we need to decide what we are going to do after the NB phase.

DD is getting excited I think. She was too young last time to really get what was going on...

eTA: I just realized I am 18w4d... which means I am right at 1/2 way to when DS was born (37w1d)... and almost to 1/2way to when DD was born (38w on the nose)

Last edited by z1ggy23; 05-09-2011 at 07:34 AM.
z1ggy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #144
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
I'm 1 more week from tomorrow till we get our 20 week U.S. FIRST and hopefully O.N.L.Y. Ultra Sound. The reason I say only is because I have this itching feeling something may not be right.. but it's probably me just being a Mom, hoping everything is okay. Part of me can't wait to see limbs, fingers, toes, the spine, their precious face and making sure everything is well and whole. The sex is just a plus. I think I would take it easier if DH was going to be there with me. My oldest daughter wants to come to the appointment, but I don't want to bring her if they find something wrong with the baby. (Again, me probably being a paranoid mother not wanting to expose her to that situation. Tell me to STOP WORRING!)
:::WARNING Death mentioned:::::::
First - stop worrying But I wanted to tell you a story about ME....My mom was pregnant when I was 10, my sis was 12....needless to say she was "advanced maternal age" as well. We ALL were super duper excited. We knew what she was having (I guess from an amnio or CVS or something - not an U/S) It was a GIRL another sister and we were exstatic (so was Dad - he always wanted a bunch of girls)... Mom was somewhere around 20 or so weeks and us girls were out out school so we go to go the BIG u/s with her (and Dad)...which was a level 2 in another town...it was a fun filled day of travel and getting to see our sister. When the U/s was started I thought it was the coolest thing ever - we saw the profile and she just looked really cute - and it really was amazing. Then the u/s tech kind of whispered something to our parents and asked if they wanted us to wait outside...so we were sent out...we roamed the halls and saw all the little babies in the nursery and waited some more...eventually my sister said "I think something was wrong"...I said "yeah I think so too...she wasn't moving" We were 10 and 12...we knew something wasn't right and that we weren't getting a new sister...we just knew... a little later our parents came out all red eyed and they told us that our sister had not been alive, that she had something wrong with her kidneys and "and could not pee" We were devistated...I mean we LOVED her...and SAW her in there...she was real!! We all cried on the way home.....My mom delivered her that next week at the hospital (this was before much of the trend to allow tiny babies time with family so we did not get to see her there)...But I ALWAYS had a little sister...ALWAYS - because I got to see her! I am not sure I would feel the same way if I had not been at the u/s with my parents...somehow it made her a REAL baby. I am SOO glad I got to be there - even though it turned out horrible. So, if your oldest wants to go - I say let her- you never know how much it will impact her - and it could be an amazing experience for her

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #145
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bpure8- I agree. My oldest didn't get to go this last time but she went for the other babies. My youngers went this time and loved seeing the baby on the screen. I think it kind of makes it real for them. They know there's a baby in there because they can see it. If you are nervous maybe you could have someone stay in the hall with your oldest until you know everythings okay?