Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily Chat 5/2-5/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I am loving my doppler! As far as pampering myself, I go to bed at 7 if I want to. No other babies makes that easier. I'm hoping to have a bit more energy soon though. Also, I ordered myself a kit of mommy pampering stuff (lotion, candle, perfume etc.) for mother's day. This is my most exciting mother's day yet. Next years will be the best though!
Which Doppler do you have? I'm still not feeling movement so I'd like some reassurance.

I have an appointment next week and we'll schedule our anatomy scan! Our Dr. won't do it until 20 weeks. I've been indulging in in pedicures... I found a place that does a "deluxe" pedi with parafin wax and leg massage for $20!

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
New week!!! How is everyone doing?

ETA: QUESTION OF THE WEEK

What (if anything) are you doing to pamper yourself during this pregnancy?
I would LOVE a pedicure and eyebrow wax.. Prenatal massage, mineral spring bath at some local hot springs and a scalp massage from DH.. (One can dream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
Doing well here. I realized last night it has been 4 whole days since I have thrown up/dry heaved!!! U/S today about 10:30...
What great news!! WOOHOO! Mind if I live through you? This is really getting old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
I was sick last week with a sore throat and ear ache but I am feeling better now and no one else appears to have come down with it.
I am no longer planning a homebirth. I was not happy with the prenatal care my midwife was giving me. She is a very hands off midwife and refused to do any tests (I am Rh- and wanted to test for sensitization at least). So I have transfered my prenatal care to a local OB office because it is too late to get in with another midwife I will be able to give birth at a Natural Birthing center that has nice big water birthing tubs so that is a big plus. I am also happy about getting reassurance that the baby is okay by getting some prenatal testing and an ultrasound done. I go to my first ob appointment this Friday.
I still have not gained any weight with this pregnancy! I will be 18 weeks this Thursday and that seems really weird to me to not gain anything. It makes me nervous! I am actually down 7 lbs from start of pregnancy. I am starting this pregnancy quite a bit heavier than my first two so I probably shouldnt be too worried but it is so different for me to not gain! I am not craving sweets this time around and I think that is why. Anyone else not craving sweets?
I'm sorry about your Homebirth midwife. Ugh! I think I would have a hard time going with a hands off one as well.

No sweets craving.. really not much of anything craving. I'm still not up to my pre pregnancy weight yet. Like yuo, it probably because I'm not craving anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoMama2b View Post
AFM...16 weeks! yipee!! 2 more weeks for the big scan, can't wait! I'm getting big already too and starting to feel some movements and braxton hicks (very mild). Peeing like crazy, and starting to really concentrate on my prenatal pilates. I want to stay as healthy as possible.
I'm having BH too! Seems to start earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. They really come on strong when I'm on my feet too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Mommy View Post
I did a little baby boy shopping online over the weekend, and hit up a resale shop with a friend a picked up a few things. I need to go through the bins I have and see what I have before I buy too much- but I know I needed wool, I was scared to use that with ds. I found lots of cute stuff in med in my price range, so I grabbed a few things, but no tiny stuff yet. I email a lady on another site asking a question about an item but never heard back.

Today we are running a few errands as the boy I usually nanny in the mornings wont be coming till 1130, I need to make a few stops with just my kids. I was going to go to a big consignment sale this afternoon, but I think taking 3 kids during nap time is asking for trouble, so we'll pass. Oh well.

I havent craved too many sweet things, except nurds bumpy jelly beans, haha! My sister is mailing me 2 bags b/c they were out at my walmart after Easter when I wanted to stock up at 1/2 price.

Question of the week- no I havent done anything really to pamper myself, but I need to start, haha!
Love baby clothes shopping! I'm trying to restrain myself! HAHA! Need to figure out where we will be when baby is born before I go all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
AFM - 14 weeks today. It's nice to be able to wake up every Monday morning and reach that new weekly milestone. I'm thinking I've been feeling the baby moving, just those first little flutters and swirls that you aren't sure about, but they've been so consistent that it must be the baby! Wahoo! I was definitely feeling DS at 16ish weeks, so it's not that far fetched.

Still 2 weeks until my next appointment, *sigh*. I can't wait to actually hear a little heartbeat.

I was a total insomniac last night, couldn't sleep until 5 a.m. and I'm paying for it today. Oh, how I wish I could drink pots and pots of coffee.

I'm taking 3 online classes right now, each runs 6 weeks (so very accelerated) and Saturday is my last day in all of them. I'm so freaking excited, Mother's Day is going to be a very happy day. I am completely burnt out from homework, and not sleeping, and not having any free time, but I'm going to take a month or two off before starting more, and I'm hoping that the thought of that will carry me through the rest of this miserable finals week.

Question of the week: no, I haven't been pampering myself at all, but you can believe I'm going to start after the end of this week.
Yay for knowing when it's baby moving! Love those first movements you are sure aren't gas ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christenjoy View Post
I am 17 weeks today, almost half way to when I had the twins (at 35 weeks).But I do plan on going full term this time. I am starting to feel better, but I think it might be because I have realized if I take a unisom a night I can make it almost 24 hours without the constant nausea! It has been wonderful!

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, and then anatomy US on May 20th.

As far as pampering, for the most part my husband lets me sleep in. He gets ODS up and ready and to school each day, twins get up sometime during that, and I get to get up about 8:00. It is so nice!
So glad your starting to feel better. Wish Unisom helped me that much. Do you take a full tablet or a half of one. Half a tablet gets me through the night. How nice to sleep in!

Quote:
U/S update: everything looks good baby is about 1/2 lb and measuring a couple of days ahead (nothing new there)... We are 95% certain it is a girl. I will post u/s pics in little while. I have to scan them in. I will have another one in 6 weeks.

So all my U/Ss are done by my MFM's office... (My OB doesn't see a point in duplicating them since I have to have them done at my MFM apmts anyway and they check all the same stuff her sonographer would check.). They are great people but they are ALWAYS running so behind... my apmt was over an hour late...

Pampering... haven't done anything yet except indulge in an afternoon nap most days.
Look forward to seeing your Pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I am loving my doppler! As far as pampering myself, I go to bed at 7 if I want to. No other babies makes that easier. I'm hoping to have a bit more energy soon though. Also, I ordered myself a kit of mommy pampering stuff (lotion, candle, perfume etc.) for mother's day. This is my most exciting mother's day yet. Next years will be the best though!
That sounds nice!! You've given me an Idea. If I can steal some time away from my kids, I think a candle lit bubble bath with nice music for this mama is in order.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #23
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry about the super long post before

AFM ~ I can't say I feel pregnant anymore. Just super tired. No more spotting since last time and no, I didn't call my MW. I figure it was the BD when DH was home. 2 weeks from today for our US.. I don't think it can come soon enough!

Now I don't know where the heck we will be when baby is born. I PRAY we are still here but Italy is looking good as well as the Bahamas.. I think I just may have to put my foot down and let everyone know I'm home, here, till the baby is born and I'm back on my feet. Then we can go where the work is. It would relive so much stress. I'm seriously, not doing anything to prepare to sell our house or get ready to move. It's way to overwhelming. (Not to mention I'm so tired.. hehe. Not like I have energy to do it) Need to make a decision so I can start to plan on how we are going to pay for our wonderful midwife!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay here are the pics... they lost some quality when I scanned them in

Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #25
tsavoie11
Registered Users
seller

Awww, Brandilyn. She's definitely a girl! So cute!

Mommy to 4 princesses and my new little man
tsavoie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #26
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, the cuteness! Even I thought that she looked like a girl, and A) I seriously suck at seeing anything in ultrasound pics, and B) I've never seen a girl U/S before, lol. Congrats!

Quote:
okay here are the pics... they lost some quality when I scanned them in

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
Livngabesmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definately a girl!! Soo sweet!

A: Ive been going to bed with the big kids and leaving dh to deal with the littles when he's home! Im also napping when he's home during the day.

The nausea is under control now with the Zofran. I'll start trying to wean that at 18 weeks (Im down to 2 pills a day, not 3 now!).

I have a level 2 u/s on May 17th! Im nervous about it. I really just want a healthy baby, but everyone is hoping for a girl.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #28
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on the girl!

Not much going on around here. I have my 18 week checkup Friday and my U/S two weeks after that.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
Also, has anyone heard from girlichick?? I was worried about her blood clot thing and PM'd her about a week ago. I never heard from her and haven't seen her post in the DDC either.
Oh I am still here just now checking in! We had a crazy weekend. The strange lump thing is still there but it is NOT a blood clot. No one knows what it is, lol! It isn't bothering me as much any more though... hopefully it disappears soon. I never got your PM!

18 weeks Saturday (but they have my due date as the 4th so tomorrow according to them) so I can schedule my u/s any time this week or next. Yippee!!! I'm sooooo excited. My oldest is insisting that it is another baby sister so I can't wait to find out. My youngest sister will be in town after Wednesday so she will get to come, too. I can't wait.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:16 AM   #30
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love the ultrasound pics! Congrats on a girl!

Girlichick- glad it's not a blood clot. Hope it goes away soon!

I just wish I wasn't still so tired all the time but otherwise doing good.