Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

Logistics of family cloth?

Tell me a little about how you have it set up! Do you use it for the whole family (boys, girls, everyone?). How large of a wet bag do you use? Do you wash with the dipes?

Just tell me about it! Thanks!

Advertisement

M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use it for just myself and only for #1. I keep it under my sink in the master bathroom, with a plastic purse type thing next to them, for the dirties. I do wash them with my diapers.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using DS Forum

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Blueroses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Logistics of family cloth?

My house is comprised of myself, DS (8), ODD (6), and YDD (2)... I started using FC for myself first. I have the wipes and FC on the back of the toilet and a small garbage can with a flip top next to it. I store used FC/wipes in that can until I am ready to wash. Then I was with my YDD trainers and overnight dipes. I have started to get the kids used to it now as well. I am helping YDD, but the others seem fine with it. My ODD someone drops them in by accident and then we have to fish them out. That's the only problem so far. Oh, and I have 30 FC for our family, but I am a WOHM and they are gone all day as well. HTH!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
wavesofgrace
Registered Users
seller

DH and I both use family cloth. Our daughter still wears dipes, and I'm not sure what I'll do when she's potty trained. I think I will train her with TP and gradually work towards FC when she's a bit older and is able to understand that FC only is used at home (not public bathrooms, etc).

We also keep our FC stacked on the back of the toilet. I had a WAHM custom make them with fabrics that match our bathroom, so they blend in very well. My mom and sister are easily grossed out by my crunchy ways, and they have not noticed at all!

We keep our diaper pail in the bathroom (it's a small kitchen trash can with a flip top), and this is where we toss the dirty FC. It's within perfect reach of the toilet! When the pail is full, I just pull out the wetbag that we use as a liner and toss the dipes and FC into the wash. We use a small wetbag by Blue Penguin, which was purchased at Green Mountain Diapers. I love it, because it's very hard to find a wetbag that fits a smaller trash can.

We have about 25 FC and 2 wetbags that we alternate.

HTH! :0)

wavesofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I use it just for number 1. I have a basket with wipes, and a thirsties diaper duffel for dirties, I toss with the cd in the laundry.

I do not have a set up for wet ones since I only use them for number 1 and it is only me.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im the only one that uses FC and just for #1. I have a basket on top of the toilet with clean wipes. I already have a container in there for DS dirty dipes after I spray them so I just throw the wipes in there too. It's funny the container is actually my sitz bath thing they gave me at the hospital after ds1 was born. I never used it.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

My boys are still in diapers and there is no way DH would ever use it, so it's just me. I have about 20 or so. I work full time, so that is plenty for me. I keep the clean ones in an empty sposie box next to the toilet, and a small wet bag for the used ones. I wash them with the diapers.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
sweetpeaspaige
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD and I only use them for #1. We also use them as tissues. I keep them in a fabric bin on top of the toilet tank. We use a wetbag with a double handle and hang it from the toilet paper holder for the used ones. I throw them in the wash with our towels. I also use the reusable rounds for my face and put them in a lingerie bag and put them in the wash with the FC and towels.
sweetpeaspaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
emhammer0506
Registered Users

Ok - I guess I'm the odd one.. Both DH & I use em (for both #1 & #2), My DD & DS are both still in dipes (and we use cloth wipes for them also)..
I have a pail with a lid in each bathroom - and it is located next to the toilet (used ones go in there), and the clean ones go in a wicker basket above the toilet.
We have about 200 (100 for each bathroom).. And that lasts for about 3 to 4 days. I'm a SAHM. We also use em as tissues.

Personally - I would suggest making/getting them AT LEAST 7X7. The ones that we have are 4 X 7 - and kinda small for hubby's hands - he has a little trouble if he is not careful!!
I have small hands - so I have no problems..

I plan on teaching our kiddies with FC - and just letting them know the difference of at our house and out..
Evelyn - Wife to the best hubby (05/06/05).., Mommy to H (8/4/08) with SPD - sensory seeker and S(12/7/10) with SPD - tactile defensive & possibly sensory seeker! We are a , donated breastmilk , , non-vaxing:, ing, non-circ family!!!
emhammer0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
photocat
Registered Users

Myself and my two boys, 6 yrs and 3 yrs, use fc for everything. Dh is not interested.
Used ones go in the diaper pail outside the toilet door, and the toilet is in it's own room just off the laundry, so the pail sits in the laundry.
Dry ones are on top of the washing machine (we had issues with them falling in the toilet if they were stacked on top of it) and of course the w/machine is in the laundry, just outside the toilet door.
If we need/want wet ones, these are done on an as needed basis, as whoever it is passes through the laundry to the toilet.

They get washed with my 3 yr old's night dipes currently, but I've made a ton of them, so when no more dipes, I'll wash them on their own. We now have enough to not run out between washes.

Works for us.

Last edited by photocat; 05-03-2011 at 03:38 AM.
photocat is offline   Reply With Quote