Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Logistics of family cloth?

I stopped buying tp long time ago....years.

Its all or nothing here. wipes in the bathroom into wetbag, to laundryroom where they wait until washing with towels.

I don't have little ones in diapers anylonger.

I was in the hospital for 7 days last months. I asked them for a plastic bag and a huge stack of washcloths. The tp gave me a sore dupa after only one day. Fixed that real quick.

Even sick, I refused to buy tp. I still compromised and bought a natual free laundry soap so I did notg have to make any, but I just could not reach up and pick that tp off the grocery shelving. nope.

love family cloth. i won't go back as long as i have a choice.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #22
wyldcat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
Everybody uses them, we rinse them out in the sink after use and toss in a plastic bucket under the sink, and I wash them with the normal laundry. Super easy, nothing special.
wyldcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the clean ones in a basket on the back of the toilet and the dirties go in a diaper pail with a wetbag liner. When DD was still in dipes we washed them with those, since she PL'ed we are just washing them with rags or towels (still can't bring myself to put them in with reg clothes )
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
JillBasel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So what are your FCs made of? I have been thinking about this idea for a while...hubbys says absolutely not but he can't stop me, right!? I am thinking I would only use them for #1, so how many do ya'll think I need and should I just make them like my cloth wipes? double layer flannel? Single layer flannel?

I can store them right in a drawer by the toilet and my diaper pail is right on the other side by the washer so that will work perfectly!
JillBasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #25
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbit View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't just go with FC right off the bat. I think starting with TP and then switching would be more confusing. Just my

To the OP, my DS, DH, and I all use FC for #1 and #2. My DH was not into the idea at first but one I convinced him to try it he realized it's way nicer than TP.
We keep our FC in a basket on the back of the toilet and I have a small wetbag (holds about 1/3-1/2 of our stash) hanging next to the toilet, and another larger wetbag hanging next to our regular laundry basket just outside the washroom.
My DS has been out of diapers for about 6 months now, so I no longer have diaper laundry. When the FC was just getting used for my #1's and DS's #2's I washed the FC with towels. Now that DH and I use them for #2 as well, I wash the FC by itself.
I'm not sure how many FCs we have right now but I think it's between 20 and 30. It's not enough though.

I agree, just go with FC right away. DD uses FC at home for #1 only and has no issues with putting it in the can with her wet trainers, etc. Once in a while if I'm not watching her she will take a handful of wipes and use them to wipe and then put them in the can, but we have no issues with big wads of TP that way.

It's just me and DD using FC for # 1 only and I would recommend 60+ if you wash once a week. We are gone all day as well, but 30 isn't nearly enough for us. You can easily make your own with minimal work. I find a 3x5 or 4x6 size works best for us.
Kayleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

We use family cloth in the downstairs bathroom because the diaper pail is right there. I just quit stocking TP for a while and when we had guests, it was kind of funny becasue it took me a few minutes to even find some TP :/ I juse keep them in a bin on the counter (in reach of the toilet) and so they get used, and then tossed in the pail. It's really just me and my 4 year old DD using them. We use it for both pee nad poop. DD likes to wet them for BM's, I use them dry. I juse wash with diapers, and since I have 3.5 kids in diapers, I wash everyday, practically!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #27
WooKid
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our routine is pretty simple... 1) FC in each bathroom, 2) it's located in a basket near the toilet (our youngest had trouble reaching it if we put it on the back of the toilet), 3) dirty ones go into medium size wetbags which hang from the toilet roll holder, 4) dirties are washed in separate load every few days when bags are near full.

Some family members use for #1 only, and some for both #1 & #2. We have about 75 total, but are in the process of buying/making more since that doesn't last long. After trying LOTS of sizes (8x8, 5x7, 4x6 and everything in between!), our favorite size seems to be around 4x6.

HTH!
WooKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #28
ArmyMommyTo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH, two DSs, ODD and I use FC- YDD is still in dipes. We don't use TP at all. I have wetbag from a WAHM on here (can't remember her name though ) that hangs from the towel rack near the toilet. I wash all the FC together (and my mama cloth when I need it), we have lots so I can wait a week or so to wash. The clean FC sits on the back of the toilet or on the TP holder. I have snapping FC from Megaroo's (chloecat) that I use for the adults' bathroom.

Last edited by ArmyMommyTo3; 05-24-2011 at 02:33 PM.
ArmyMommyTo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #29
JonnieGreener
Registered Users
seller

What's BRU?
JonnieGreener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #30
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller