Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
mommyto4boys
Registered Users

Question How many c-sections have you had?

i have 5 boys and i am wanting to try for a girl later this year, and was curious about how many c-sections everybody else has had. my doctor told me i could have more, but i have alot of scare tissue and my c-sections take longer now.

beverly mommy to sam6, james5, levi4, wyatt2, and jasper5months

Advertisement

mommyto4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many c-sections have you had?

I've only had one, followed by one VBAC. Before I was introduced to the wonderful world of midwives, my OB that sectioned me with my daughter told me I could only have 3 c-sections and then no more - or if I had more - she wouldn't be my care provider. No big deal on that front, I already couldn't stand her and switched to a midwife. Never looked back.... So, I'm not sure what the "recommended amount" is for c-sections. I do have a personal friend who just had her 6th c-section 6 weeks ago. Maybe someone could interject that has had multiple c-sections.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:

I know there is a mama on here that has had multiple sections. I will have my 3rd come July.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto4boys View Post
i have 5 boys and i am wanting to try for a girl later this year, and was curious about how many c-sections everybody else has had. my doctor told me i could have more, but i have alot of scare tissue and my c-sections take longer now.

beverly mommy to sam6, james5, levi4, wyatt2, and jasper5months
It all depends on how you heal. The doctors can usually tell you when you go in for a repeat C-section how the scar tissue looks and how thin your uterus is. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence out there but it is best to trust the provider you choose.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
jabmmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 5 c-sections and one VBAC (with #3). During my 3rd section, my Dr. cut me open and touched my uterus with the tip of her finger and I split open which freaked her out so for the last two, I had to deliver early and was not allowed to go into labor. I was told no more after my last (#6 was a surprise baby) but 6 boys were more than enough and we were technically done after #5 anyway (#6 didn't get the memo).
Old 05-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
Mommieof3monkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 3 and will have another next month.
Amanda wife to Brandon and mama to 4 little ones. L 2005, E, 2008 S, 2010, T 2011, and expecting #5 in December after tubal ligation He's here 12/20/13 So very blessed!
Mommieof3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

I'll have my 4th (and last) in August ~ having my tubes tied UNLESS miracle of miracles the little guy comes on his own! Hasn't happened yet, but IO cross my fingers each pregnancy! LOL

Last edited by HLCreations; 05-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.
HLCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I've had 2 and my OB said my uterus was thin, but that another one would be okay, he was just scared of me laboring.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I just had my 3rd 6 weeks ago. My doc has never told me anything in regards to how many I should have and has never suggested I not have more kids. She's delivered all 3 of them so she has the most knowledge about what's really going on in there. I think she would have mentioned it if she thought I shouldn't have a 4th. As of right now, we don't plan to have a 4th. If we do, it would be at least 5 years from now. I've heard it's best to space out c-sections as much as you can to allow everything to heal. There was a 2y 10m space between baby #1 and baby #2. There was a 3y 6m space between #2 and #3.

I am pretty sure there is a mama on here that has had like 7 c-sections.

I would just discuss it with the doc because everyone heals differently.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just had my 3rd 8w ago. The ob that did my 2nd saw me when I was have issued with my incision healing and told me I should be done....

The ob that did my 1st and 3rd said that if I waiting a little longer (1st 11/05, 2nd 8/09, 3rd 3/11) between the 3rd and 4th, I would be fine....but I am not sure I would take a chance.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote