Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many c-sections have you had?

I've had three and a tubal with the last one but my doctor said my uterus could have definitely handled at least one more or even two more (and my babies are BIG) so it just depends on the woman/uterus I guess.

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
brianpieper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had 2, due to medical reasons. My doctor was glas that we were done having children because she said in my case a 3rd would no be advisable.
brianpieper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 and I'm a surrogate trying to get preggo this month!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never had one but everyone i know with csections said their doc told them no more than 3..which i think is NUTS! And the majority of drs around here dont do VBACS
Old 05-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #15
PatsFan
Registered Users
seller

An even bigger issue with multiple cesareans is placental attachment. The incidence of placenta accreta is on the rise & it's attributed to the rise in multiple cesareans.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13399308

I've only had 2 c/s and we're not having anymore kids, but I would have concerns if I needed another cesarean.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #16
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

i read a article in far above rubies magazine about a lady who has had 9 c sections her last pregnancy was twins who had a combined birthweight over 15 pounds
Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #17
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm assuming that there is some medical reason why a vaginal birth is not at all possible. If you can have a vaginal birth, then that would be preferable.

You may be fine or you may not be fine. Each new c/s carries an increased risk that you're not going to be fine. The first c/s is almost always okay. It's the ones after that where it gets really dangerous. There are some women who can have a bunch of them, and others who die on the table during their first. It really just depends on your body and unfortunately you don't know until you're on the table.

I wouldn't personally feel comfortable having 2 c/s because of the added risk. If I have a c/s then I'd quit having children. That's where my comfort level is located.

Talk to your doctors, get really well informed, and make the decision that works best for your family. Best of luck!
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #18
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just barely had this conversation with my dr. last week. I asked if I should expect a repeat C or could try for a VBAC, he told me he was comfortable doing whichever I wanted, but if I had the same problems as last time it may end in a C, but that most of his vbacs are successful (he has a very low personal c section rate). SO anyway, I asked if I had another C what would be any problems I should expect. He told me the only thing he saw is if I really had my heart set on a big family I should do the vbac, as two many C's could be to much for my uterus. I asked his definition of big he said 6 or more kids. So I guess that means, he doesn't want to do more than 5 csections on me. But he also said it really depends on the person and the amount of scar tissue they have. I happen to have already had some because of my endometriosis, and that surgery. It was interesting because he said he felt like vbacs were better for women, but he wouldn't push me into it if it was beyond my comfort zone. That kind of confused me a bit, as I think he must have thought I wanted another C. Which is odd, you'd think he'd have figured out from the wave of tears and upset last time that that was not my preference but given the situation there was no other choice.

Last edited by slimy72; 05-03-2011 at 09:09 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have only had one, my doctor never told me a limit on how many I should have only that I would have to have another C section if I had another baby because I had to get a vertical incision (which apparently holds higher risk for rupture than the normal horizontal incision). I never asked if that should be the last but I guess he wouldn't know until after a second is performed? still on the fence for another so who knows if I'll ever find out.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't know that about the vertical cut. My MIL had her first with a vertical cut (my dh) then 3 vbacs, then the 5th child with a horizontal cut. I just had always assumed they were the same, shows you how little I know.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote