Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
when did your lo crawl?

My dd will be 9 months old tomorrow and seems perfectly content with just sitting. Just wondering when other LO's started to crawl. I have a friend with a daughter who is 10 months today and has been crawling for 3 months now and is close to walking.

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:
Re: when did your lo crawl?

8 MONTHS.. HE STARTED TAKING STEPS AT 10 MONTHS..AN FULL FLEDGE WALKING BY 11..

EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT..
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS2 didn't crawl until he was 12 months old. He would sometimes kind of army crawl before that. He started to walk at 15 months.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

All of mine started to crawl around 7 months, walk at 11 months. I wouldn't worry at 10 months though.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

5 months but then there was a big gap between that and walking at almost 11 months.

ETA: My nephew who is 10 days older than my DD didn't crawl until much later than my DD but they started walking at the same time.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
epaashaus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine will be 9 months day after tomorrow. she started crawling 2 weeks ago. she was showing no signs of starting. she wanted to pull up and stand all the time and would even walk behind a toy if you pushed it for her so i figured she would go straight to walking. then randomly one morning, there she goes, crawling across the floor! it was crazy! she had never even looked like she was about to crawl before then! a friend of mine has a baby who started to crawl around 10 or 11 months then was walking just after 12 months.
epaashaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

Brennan was 9 months when he started crawling. He started walking at 15 months. I really thought that Camden was going to crawl earlier (he's been attempting to for the last 2 months) but he's still not exactly there. He can go backwards and he just figured out how to scoot himself forward on his bottom. He is 9 months now, too!
M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
PrissyMaesMama
Registered Users
seller

All we did for DD's first year was tummy time. I promise you! We nursed, tummy time, and then bed. Everyone that we knew that had babies the same age had crawlers at about 6months. And some of them never did tummy time. DD was perfectly content just sitting or spinning in a circle on her bottom to get different toys. I dont think she had any desire to crawl whatsoever. I really wanted her to crawl because even though it's not technically a "milestone" anymore; I felt like it was important for her developmentally, hand-eye coordination, and just exploring new things. FINALLY at 11.5 months old she crawls I was so excited. But I realized that meant she probably wouldn't be walking by her first bday. I decided I was not going to fret over that and just let her do her "thing". She took her first steps a week ago at 13.5months. She is our first, and I have made a promise to myself to not ever worry with it again. They really do everything at their own pace, regardless of how much you practice with them.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
lillypie82
Registered Users
seller

Leni was kind of army crawling at 7 months but didn't full-on crawl on hands and knees until later. She was pulling up and cruising before she really crawled much, but then didn't walk unsupported (or even stand unsupported) until after 12 months (I want to say around 14 months but can't remember exactly)
Cyber Monday sale - save up to 30%! See my shop for details
lillypie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
my*2*angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They all go at their own pace. My first DD crawled at 8months for exactly one week and then started walking. I wanted her to crawl around for awhile just because I love that stage!LOL My 2nd lo starting crawling around 7months and didn't walk until the week after her first bday. They are just all so different.