Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Weekly Chat -May 3- May 9th

Alright, I will start it. I think I can come up with some questions...

Do you have a day you want your baby to come? What reason for picking this day?

1st time mamas---Do you Have any pets and how are you planning on getting your pets used to the new baby around?

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat -May 3- May 9th

I want my baby to come on May 18th... My anniversary is May 16th and I want to be able to celebrate with my husband. But I also want more time with my baby before all the visitors start arriving. Starting June 17th... we will have no alone time until about July 11th. I am Due June 5th so the baby will probably not be here then... but a girl can dream right. . .

I have two puppies 1 year old lab and a 1 year old toy poodle. They get a lot of attention... someone told me to start ignoring them and not play with them for a couple weeks before the expected due date. Then when we leave them for a couple days and come back , they will associate us and the baby and the attention they get now with the baby coming home... hope this works. We also put a baby doll around the house and taught them not to be too nosey with it. I would love to hear any one else's plans.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

1. Nope, don't care when she comes, so long as it's before 42 weeks! I want my waterbirth, and if she doesn't come before then I can't have it.. Although my husband has plans coaching a hockey camp on her due date, so hopefully she doesn't come on that date, but even if she did it'd be kind of funny!

2. I have a dog, but I'm not worried. She's 4 years old this summer and really mellow. She's a lab/ Irish setter mix. I've had her since she was a puppy and for the first year it was only me and her so she's very devoted to me. In fact, she still tries to protect me from my MIL (who we live with). She just warns me when she's around, but is not aggressive. I think she's become more protective since I became pregnant. I really think her and the baby will become best buds, I can just see it.

She's not hyper so I don't worry about her smothering the baby or anything. The only thing she may have to deal with is less attention from me, but lately she's been more in love with my husband, so I think she'll do okay, he can shower her with more attention if I can't.

So, as far as getting her ready, I don't think we will, since I don't see any issues arising.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) and Felicity (8/15)
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

I'm due June 17th but I don't want the baby to come on June 17th or June 16th. It's my DS birthday on the 17th and dd's birthday on the 16th. I think the 15th would be cool because then they'd be right in a row by ages, youngest to oldest.

We don't have any mammals as far as pets go. Only my husbands rather large fish tank. The fish will like the baby and all the attention they get because they are more likely to get fed everyday. My dh loves holding babies in front of fishtanks. He'll stand there for hours.
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
I want my baby to come on May 18th... My anniversary is May 16th and I want to be able to celebrate with my husband. But I also want more time with my baby before all the visitors start arriving. Starting June 17th... we will have no alone time until about July 11th. I am Due June 5th so the baby will probably not be here then... but a girl can dream right. . .

I have two puppies 1 year old lab and a 1 year old toy poodle. They get a lot of attention... someone told me to start ignoring them and not play with them for a couple weeks before the expected due date. Then when we leave them for a couple days and come back , they will associate us and the baby and the attention they get now with the baby coming home... hope this works. We also put a baby doll around the house and taught them not to be too nosey with it. I would love to hear any one else's plans.
I remember being overwhelmed when my first was born. Looking back on the experience definitely carve out some family time for you, the baby and dh. Don't be afraid to lock yourself in a room to take a break from visitors. I remember going to take a nap at one point during the day when there were people around. They offered to take the baby while I slept but I politely told them no and said I was going to feed the lo first. Truth, I didn't want my lo out of my sight.
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
gobybike
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't have a "preference" as to which day Bean comes, just as long as he's healthy.

We have a cat (Mrs. Robinson) who doesn't really care what's going on. haha. plus she's used to a wild 2.5yo so I bet adding Bean to the mix won't matter much.

Ashley! Sweetheart to Bret, mama to Eedan Dahlia (Oct. 13th 2008) and Coyote Sequoia-Skye (June 9th 2011)
gobybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I don't care when he comes either, as long is it is after the 8th, when DH will get back to ATL.... and before the 20th... i'm due the 15th

as for pets, we have a dog, Mister Bingley, he is a 3 yr old shih-tzu who was only remotely interested in/ bothered by DD's arrival for about a week... then he got over it, and now they are best buddies. When she isn't trying to sit on him... so i am not worried about pets!

I have a random question... i remember reading once that licorice is not good for pregnant women to eat- anyone know why?? because there is some in my cabinet and i'm having a hard time resisting....
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Oddly, licorice has been linked to minor health benefits in the past, so why is the APA suggesting that women avoid it? Licorice contains glycyrrhizin, an ingredient that is not only hard to pronounce but effects hormone levels and can increase cortisol levels in the mother’s body. A study of eight-year-old children found that mothers who had at least half a gram of licorice a week while pregnant had cortisol levels one-third higher than those who didn’t.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Oddly, licorice has been linked to minor health benefits in the past, so why is the APA suggesting that women avoid it? Licorice contains glycyrrhizin, an ingredient that is not only hard to pronounce but effects hormone levels and can increase cortisol levels in the motherís body. A study of eight-year-old children found that mothers who had at least half a gram of licorice a week while pregnant had cortisol levels one-third higher than those who didnít.
how much is half a gram, not much at all?? I ate one piece. In all 34 weeks. I'm not going to panic... but will stay away from the rest of it! thanks....
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
rmduer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am actually hoping to make it to 40 weeks. There is so much to be done around here and no one to do it or help me so I am no where near ready yet. Ds is due June 4th. My 10 year anniversary is June 9th.

I have one dog and he is a little skittso so most likely he will just stay away from baby. He runs from the other two and me too. He is paranoid we will do something to him I guess.

I am trying to work on unpacking our new place and getting it cleaned up. Dh is zero help and has just been a source of pure stress. I need our dryer fixed so I can wash little mans stuff to be a little more prepared for him. Can you prep cloth with out a dryer? I am thinking of washing and line drying but that will take forever to do multiple times for prep.