Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
cjs4kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat -May 3- May 9th

I'm torn on when I want baby to come.
On one hand I'm so freaking uncomfy & in so much pain with this silly sciatic nerve & pubis symphys...lol..whatever it hurts!!! I think I would like baby to come early JUne even though I am due June 25th.
BUT, school here goes till the bitter end in June, & I'd like the kids to be done school before having to juggle a newborn & the last days of school & all the carnivals. So in that perspective, I'd like baby to hold out till at least June 30th. LOL.
So we'll see what happens.

We have a 6 month old puppy, half german shep, half mutt. LOL. To me he looks half hound??
I'm allergic to him, so I'm teaching him to be outside for most of the day when its nice out. I'm hoping to move him outdoors for summer, but we'll see. He may just spend his days in the backyard & come in to sleep. LOL!
I'm not to concerned about him adjusting to the new baby though, we already have 4 kids & he's coping just fine with all their attentions, I'm sure he'll do fine with a new baby too. Of course he'll be curious, but he listens very well.

Advertisement

ISO: OLD STYLE Fuzzi Buns sz S & M No pinks. PM me!
cjs4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #12
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
how much is half a gram, not much at all?? I ate one piece. In all 34 weeks. I'm not going to panic... but will stay away from the rest of it! thanks....

I just copy pasted that... who knows if it is true. But I would have never guessed that it was unsafe. Kinda odd.

Our puppies are really hyper. They listen, but they also don't always follow the rules... like the lab will sometimes jump on the couch when she gets super excited... not good if there is a baby on there. Definitely won't leave the baby unattended around the house at all even for a second. They are really great with kids who can walk... but they haven't been around infants. We will see how well they do.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want baby to come the end of May, the 30th I have had in mind. My MIL's birthday was 6/7 and she passed away last June on the 10th. My mom's birthday is the 9th. I'd rather just skip having baby on or around those days.

We have several pets and livestock, but my kids handle all of them.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

black licorice has been linked to hypertension, which is probably one factor. i eat it still.

let's see... i have a day i DON'T want the baby to come. my best friend died on may 26, 2003. i do not want the baby coming on that day. in fact the whole month of may kind of reminds me of her suicide, and i really hope to make it to june. more than that though, i don't want her to be too early and have to deal with more interventions to be 'cautious,' kwim? anytime in june is fine. especially the 6th / 7th! 6th is my grama's birthday and my wedding anniversary. 7th is my husband's nana's birthday.

what was the other question?!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

oh. not a first time mama but we have birds. i was pretty worried about it the first time around, and no matter how hard i tried i could not give the birds the attention i was giving them prior to having a baby.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #16
nursekatie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As long as baby comes between 37 and 42 weeks I'm not too picky. Since May 17 is the full moon and its 37 weeks and 6 days for me (1 day later then DD spontaneously came). I have a feeling that that's when the baby will come. My MIL thinks I will deliver May 20 to 23. I guess we will so who if anyone is right soon enough!

We have a cat and he tolerates DD well, so I think he will be fine when the new babies comes.

Last edited by nursekatie; 05-04-2011 at 12:17 PM.
nursekatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #17
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't really have a particular date in mind - I'm due June 17 which is the Friday before Father's Day. Two years ago while I was pg with DD, my FIL was assaulted and eventually died a couple weeks later. The assault happen just the day after Father's Day. So I am thinking that having the baby around that time might make Father's Day a better memory for DH. Actually, I don't think DH really puts much thought about the date or anything so I don't think it will make much difference.

Sorry for the downer story, just thinking about my due date and can't help but think about what happened a couple years ago.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

oh my gosh mary, so sorry to hear about that. that's true it would make a better memory around that time.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #19
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello all!
I guess yo all know about the tornados that hit Alabama. One of the f4 tornados went right by us. We watched it. We are so very blessed to have been spared. Many many have died and many many more are homeless. Least death count I read was over 250, just in our state.
Anyway, after 4 days of no power, and sometimes no water, I am back online. Eveything is fine here. Just trying to get back in a routine after all the drama of no power.

1. I do not care what day he comes, as long as it is before 42 weeks.

2. In the house, we only have 4 very small corn snakes. No problem there! Outside we have dogs and cats and, of course, a horse farm. I don't think the horses will be too jealous. It is a lot of work, though, so I have been letting the kids do the feeding every day so they can be a big help when the baby comes.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
Lucy_Grace
Registered Users

im due june 27th, but hubby wants her here on june 22nd because it is his birthday. my gram wants her here june 16th cause uts her birthday, and my brother does NOT want her born on june 29th because its his birthday lol. i think it would make everything even more special for my husband if she is born on his birthday. (she is already his little princess he says and if they share a birthday he is gonna say just like daddy, which she already acts like him lol)

i am a first time mama, but we do not have any pets. my mom does and i am always over there and she has 2 dogs (chocolate lab & pitbull shepherd) and two cats. we deff wont have any problem with the cats they are both like 10 yrs and very mellow. and the lab is very good with kids (just loves to give kisses) and the shepherd is under 1 and still very hyper but calms down after awhile. im not too worried.
Lucy_Grace is offline   Reply With Quote