Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat -May 3- May 9th

wahoo! I caught the thread early, so maybe I can keep up this week!

I'm due June 15th and secretly wish for June 16th- it would make my foster son and the newborn EXACTLY 9 months apart! I think it'll be funny and a nice conversation piece. But DD cooked for 42 weeks, so I am not holding my breath for a timely baby...

Meanwhile, I am surviving life with my 2 year old, my 7 month old, and a newborn we got from the hospital on good friday. She's 2 weeks old now and seriously adorable. It's like a practice newborn, and I suddenly feel soo capable of having three kids under 3! (Of course she is a totally easy infant, and I have a bad feeling my own baby is going to be trouble!) I'm testing out newborn clothes, diapers and placement of all my baby gear! It's so fun! She'll be gone in a week or two, and I should have time to rest up before my birth. Man, I am tired!

Advertisement

poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a day you want your baby to come? What reason for picking this day?
Overall I don't really care and will wait until he's ready. But it would be nice if he'd come on June 24th (my parents' anniversary) or the 25th (my late grandfather's birthday - and we're considering his name as a middle name). DH's grandmother's birthday is the first week of July (she'll be 90 this year) but I really hope that I don't go that far past my June 27 due date. July 4th is the only day that I'd really like to avoid.

1st time mamas---Do you Have any pets and how are you planning on getting your pets used to the new baby around?

We have two 8 year old labs. In the past we've fostered over 50 dogs so they're used to "strange things" coming and going and sharing their turf. We think they'll both be fine with the new addition and plan on making the baby just an addition to the pack.

We'll of course watch the dogs around the baby but don't plan on hampering them from sniffing or even licking. We joke that our baby's first "solid food" will be dog hair.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
rmsochor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a date in mind for this little one. I actually thought at first it might be neat if he came July 4th (I'm due June 26th) -- but .. on second thought, I hope I don't go over

I just want him to be done and to come on HIS time -- I've had inductions for the past 3 and I'm determined to go COMPLETELY intervention free this time!

we don't have pets... so... no worries there.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #24
Kestlyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to deliver June 6th since my DD's birthday is February 6th, MIL March 6th, me April 6th, Dad August 6th, Grandmother September 6th...but my latest C-section date is now the 10th so I don't think that will be happening.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #25
catdo
Registered Users
seller

Hi, ladies,

1) Any day is fine by me, as long as it isn't too late!

2) A stray cat wandered into our yard begging for food around the time that I discovered I was pregnant, and after trying to locate his owners, feeding him for months, and then moving him with us to my parents' house, we now consider him ours. To get ready for the new arrival, we're trying to get the cat as adjusted as possible to our new home, but we also keep the door to the baby's room closed, so the cat won't expect to have access to that room. My husband is planning on continuing to "cosleep" with the cat in our bedroom, while I cosleep with the baby in the baby's room. We're also thinking about getting a Feliway diffuser to reduce the cat's stress, which our vet swears by--any of you ever use one of those?
catdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #26
Piper4242
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Weekly Chat -May 3- May 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopstermomma View Post
wahoo! I caught the thread early, so maybe I can keep up this week!

I'm due June 15th and secretly wish for June 16th- it would make my foster son and the newborn EXACTLY 9 months apart! I think it'll be funny and a nice conversation piece. But DD cooked for 42 weeks, so I am not holding my breath for a timely baby...

Meanwhile, I am surviving life with my 2 year old, my 7 month old, and a newborn we got from the hospital on good friday. She's 2 weeks old now and seriously adorable. It's like a practice newborn, and I suddenly feel soo capable of having three kids under 3! (Of course she is a totally easy infant, and I have a bad feeling my own baby is going to be trouble!) I'm testing out newborn clothes, diapers and placement of all my baby gear! It's so fun! She'll be gone in a week or two, and I should have time to rest up before my birth. Man, I am tired!
We are foster parents too! Taking a break right now but I had a newborn for three months in the fall. You are crazy to take a placement right before having your own the best kind of crazy! of course!

Kjirsten Hope~ i love being married to my amazing husband and am a proud mommy to my DD (7/31/09) my DS (6/20/11) and my DD (12/3/13)

i love , ,
Piper4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #27
Piper4242
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ewkkk!!! So I had a prenatal apt today with my midwife and she thinks my baby is coming early. We will see...We will see... I am not measuring ahead of anything but he is down and engaged in my pelvis. He could still move though. She said anytime after my next apt (two weeks-i will be 36 weeks) I am free to go into labor. HA! Just funny because she always tells people they are going to go late- very conservative with her due date predictions. I was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced with my DD for over three weeks and she never gave me a glimmer of hope of going early.

Anyways, who knows. Watch me go late. but now I am feeling antsy about getting my house in order and just the essentials ready.

My guess is by the 15 of June (full moon) I will have a baby I have a lot of contractions during full moons. My period due date was the 14th (i think...) and my ultrasound due date was the 19th- my midwife circled the 15th on my chart today and wrote BABY. Sounds good to me. I wonder how many June 15th babies there will be next month....

However, if I got to pick a date I think June 8th would be nice, its my momma's birthday. My DH birthday is June 2nd and he really wants to share his birthday with his little man-child but that is too early. Baby Boy needs at least another week to chill in utero.

Kjirsten Hope~ i love being married to my amazing husband and am a proud mommy to my DD (7/31/09) my DS (6/20/11) and my DD (12/3/13)

i love , ,
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #28
Piper4242
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Obviously, 36 weeks is not full term and its always better for the baby to be in utero as close to 40 weeks as possible- my midwife was just saying that after my next apt they wont stop labor if my body decided to kick into gear. I am NOT having a May baby though! Not this time around toooooooooooo much to do! My son will not be wrapped in his sister's pink blankets. LOL

i love , ,
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #29
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper4242 View Post
My guess is by the 15 of June (full moon) I will have a baby I have a lot of contractions during full moons. My period due date was the 14th (i think...) and my ultrasound due date was the 19th- my midwife circled the 15th on my chart today and wrote BABY. Sounds good to me. I wonder how many June 15th babies there will be next month....
I didn't even think about the full moon effect...I'm due the 17th so it's a good possibility. As long as I get the one tub room in the hospital, I'm good!

Last edited by hikergal73; 05-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.
hikergal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #30
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
Alright, I will start it. I think I can come up with some questions...

Do you have a day you want your baby to come? What reason for picking this day?

1st time mamas---Do you Have any pets and how are you planning on getting your pets used to the new baby around?
1) I don't have a day, but I am hoping that baby girl comes after the kids are out of school. Their last day is June 10th. That's a week after my "EDD".

2) not a first time mama, but this will be our dog's first homebirth- we rescued her last spring-. she's a black lab and is fabulous with all of the kids already, i know she will be fine but am curious to see how she reacts to the whole process of labor and birth. my other female dog would not leave my side when my daughter was born at home. it was very sweet.

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote