Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
kadiera
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Moms of micro preemies, help me!

Oxygen sounds like a lot of work, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not - it's just a bit of extra stuff to carry (this from the perspective of someone who's micropreemie came home with oxygen and a ventilator and a tracheostomy). You'll get a medical equipment company to provide it, and all the stuff to go with it, and you can always call them with questions.

I'd say the important things are to ask lots of questions of the staff, and make sure you get a list of doctors to follow up with - in many cases, those docs will need records from the hospital, so if you can afford to be flexible, get the hospital to set up the appointments (it goes more smoothly to get those initial appointments set up doctor-to-doctor).

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you bring her home mama?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtwinmom View Post

Oxygen is a pain and once they are home with it, it is an act of Congress to get them off of it (usually involves a sleep study among other things).
Oh my this is so true. We weened ds off oxygen under the supervision of our ped an neonatalogist but getting the pulminologist to sign off required a sleep study that cost me $1500 after insurance and told me what I already knew.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #14
zavalana
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was deeply moved and truly feel that you are a wonderful person. I can not talk much, salute! and hopefully your family is always lucky
zavalana is offline   Reply With Quote