Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
mainlobster101
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not sure when to tell people- odd situation

I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant with my second child. We were planning on waiting until at least our 1st doctor's appt to tell everyone... that will be at 8 weeks. However, I'm already starting to show due to some great (lack of) muscle-memory from my 1st pregnancy. I'm also getting morning sickness already. I feel like I should just go ahead and announce it now since I am literally HUGE (I look about 4 months IMO). What would you do?

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure when to tell people- odd situation

Since it's only like a 2 week difference I would tell everyone if you're worried about showing before you get a chance to make the announcement. Many congrats to you mama!
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's totally a personal choice! If you and dh wanna tell people than tell!

We've been waiting to tell most people. Some of my close friends know and a friend that I work with knows because I felt gross eating beef jerky and sweet tarts at 8:30am in front of her! LOL Plus I didn't want her to think I was sick or something if I threw up while working and have me go home, haha!
But most everyone else won't find out for a few more months. This is #6 but I'm sure I could hide the baby weight for awhile. I just lost 25lbs and people had been asking me if I was pregnant before I did (sad!!!) so maybe I'll just tell people "No just fat!" again!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw, that's hard. My bff just told me she is pg. We are both due in Nov,she's 2 weeks ahead. She said the same thing about showing. She wanted to wait until 12 weeks(she is now) to tell and barely did as everyone in work were saying it to her! She's very thin and last baby is 18 months old.

You could go with the more flowy clothes type thing for a few weeks....
Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you want to tell, tell! If not, peasant shirts are good at hiding the baby bump (I'm 21.5 weeks in and no one at work has noticed yet).

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:08 AM   #6
Argonaut8
Registered Users
seller

Early on in this pregnancy I got super bloated and felt like I was practically a walking blinking billboard that said "PREGNANT!", but the bloating actually went down quite a bit after a few weeks and then I didn't really show much (beyond looking a bit "thicker") until I was 18 weeks or so.

What I don't understand is how people hold off on telling, due to OTHER symptoms. My whole first trimester I was SO sick and miserable, that even when my stomach looked fairly normal, you could tell there was something seriously wrong with me. I couldn't NOT tell people who were in my immediate physical vicinity.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is my fourth but I find it's hard to hide when its warm out. I have been wearing high waist Jeans and hoodys. But at 9 wks it's getting harder bc it's warmer put and my jeans are now uncomfortable.

Perhaps just tell you best friends and family. Ppl you see alot and make it Facebook official at 12 wks.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 AM   #8
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my second I was so sick there was no option of waiting to tell people. After people knew they were very helpful and understanding. Take it case by case and just ask the people who do know to keep the info quiet.n tell them it's not a secret, but you are waiting until you are further along to make the announcement general knowledge.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #9
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, the bloating is probably worse in your mind. I think at first most women don't look PREGNANT, it's more just "thick". lol If you want to wait, wait, if you want to tell, then tell. I wouldn't base it on any symptoms. I was sick and bloated with this pregnancy but still waited until 12 weeks. I just didn't complain and if people wanted to assume something, I didn't care. I just knew I wasn't going to make it common knowledge just yet.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
mainlobster101
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I ended up telling announcing it on facebook last night (after calling parents first of course). We are going to a cousin's wedding in a week and a half and the family is so huge that there is no way I could keep the secret confined to just a few people if everyone at the wedding is going to see me being all huge and sick anyway lol. Thanks though everyone... you guys made me feel like I wouldn't be crazy for going ahead and announcing!