Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
munchkinsmama2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not sure when to tell people- odd situation

I would go ahead and tell, but that's me. I told all my coworkers already because my morning sickness is so bad with this one and I'm bloated out of regular clothes. Since it's only two weeks difference, you might as well tell.

Advertisement

munchkinsmama2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
ellen97
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut8 View Post
Early on in this pregnancy I got super bloated and felt like I was practically a walking blinking billboard that said "PREGNANT!", but the bloating actually went down quite a bit after a few weeks and then I didn't really show much (beyond looking a bit "thicker") until I was 18 weeks or so.

What I don't understand is how people hold off on telling, due to OTHER symptoms. My whole first trimester I was SO sick and miserable, that even when my stomach looked fairly normal, you could tell there was something seriously wrong with me. I couldn't NOT tell people who were in my immediate physical vicinity.
I was going to say the same thing about the early bloating. I felt way bigger at 6.5 weeks than I did at 10-12 weeks.

Love Scentsy? https://ellendavila.scentsy.us/Home
ellen97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut8 View Post
What I don't understand is how people hold off on telling, due to OTHER symptoms. My whole first trimester I was SO sick and miserable, that even when my stomach looked fairly normal, you could tell there was something seriously wrong with me. I couldn't NOT tell people who were in my immediate physical vicinity.
I told one coworker that I'm really close friends with, and she helped cover for me with stuff I shouldn't lift. I was really sick, but I just used a bathroom on a different floor (thankfully I always had enough warning to get there, and with the way things are located in our building it's a fast trip). I looked like hell, but most of the people in my department are so self-absorbed that no one noticed. Hell, I'm almost 5.5 months on now and very obviously showing, but I wear "peasant" clothes anyway so no one has even looked twice at me. *We* all know we're pregnant, but a lot of times it's not so obvious to the rest of the world.

At this point it's almost a game; I think it would be funny if I could hide it up until I have to ask for FMLA papers.

*we're TTC again and hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

We told family RIGHT away (which was at 6 weeks), and waited til our first Dr appt to tell people at work/friends (10 weeks). Congratulations!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

I agree, it may just be bloat. I had it BAD with this pregnancy, worse than any of them and felt so huge. But after a few weeks it went down and I was back to normal again. I really didnt start showing this time until nearly 16 weeks (which was very unusual for me).

If you want to tell, tell. If you dont, dont! Wear some looser shirts and hope that people mind their manners-- its terrible RUDE to ask that question anyway!

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote