Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
mariegal
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread - May 2-8th

Amy--I find it hard to believe that she doesn't need a home study. She sounds misinformed. Also, it is pretty customary to pay the hospital bills if the e-mom doesn't have insurance. The situation with her sounds a little strange.

I would call if she gave you the number. The only problem I see with that is the co-worker could see you as "competition." I would be careful with that if you have to work with her.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #22
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariegal View Post
Could you please change this to: waiting for a match
Sure thing!!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #23
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
OK thanks. I am beyond nervous to call. My dh offered, but do you think its better if I call?
I think it'd be better if you called. She might find it weird having a man contact her. Of course she could be fine with it, but just thinking about if I was an e-mom, I think I would want the potential adoptive mom to contact me instead of the potential adoptive dad.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #24
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariegal View Post
Amy--I find it hard to believe that she doesn't need a home study. She sounds misinformed. Also, it is pretty customary to pay the hospital bills if the e-mom doesn't have insurance. The situation with her sounds a little strange.

I would call if she gave you the number. The only problem I see with that is the co-worker could see you as "competition." I would be careful with that if you have to work with her.
I can see that as an issue, but the co-worker is the one giving me her number. And we really don't work that closely and she'll likely be at a different school next year since the program she works for is cutting funding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
I think it'd be better if you called. She might find it weird having a man contact her. Of course she could be fine with it, but just thinking about if I was an e-mom, I think I would want the potential adoptive mom to contact me instead of the potential adoptive dad.
I think you are right. Hopefully she'll give me her number tomorrow.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #25
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so excited for tonight. The girls' birth mom needs a ride to the concert that's celebrating adoption, so we will for sure get to see her tonight. It's been a little over a month since we last saw her. While she's seen pics of the girls, she's going to be amazed at how much they've grown.

Oh, and Amy, I can't remember where in Utah you are, but if you are anywhere near Bountiful and are available tonight, you should try to go to the concert. It's free. Here's info on it: http://celebratingadoption.eventbrite.com/
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GL Tami! Have fun!

Amy, I agree that it would be better if you called over your dh. She might be feeling a little bit of rejection right now since this other couple is so cool about the situation and seem to be acting like they're doing this e-mom a favor by considering taking her child. It could even be turning her off of adoption, so might be really good to give her a call and just see how she's doing. I wouldn't focus it on adoption, but just see how she's doing and that you care about her.

As for me, still no news on this baby. I called my worker since I didn't have the exact name/number of the baby/mom's worker. Turns out she's off today as well as her supervisor. My worker's supervisor knows a bit about the case and my worker was going to ask her when she came back in, which should have happened by now. My worker acted like she'd call the hospital social worker herself if she had to, so that's good. All I want is to know if this placement is still looking like it will still happen at least eventually and I want to visit if so.

Last edited by WynneBabies; 05-06-2011 at 01:01 PM.
WynneBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #27
jenfostermom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tami - how did it go seeing the girls' birth mom?
Anny - any news on the preemie?

Hope everyone had a great Mother's day! DH let me sleep in a little bit, headed off to church, went out for lunch and then he left for work. Took a nap with the LOs and spent the night being lazy in my messy house. Today I need to get this house cleaned up, tons of clean clothes folded and put away and get out some spring clothes - we are actually going to see some warmer temps this week! Woohoo.

On the foster front we got asked to do respite for a two different families. The one is a 7 year old girl later this month for two nights - no biggie, she will be in school most of the time her foster mom is gone. The other is this week Thurs-Sunday for a 3 year old girl we have done respite for before (my girls LOVE her, she's AA and they are fascinated with her braids), a 2 year old boy (could be a bit challenging with my toddler boys) and his 4 month old sister. YAY for a baby fix!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My update... They are going to court for a 72 hour hold today. The worker acted like they will definitely get it in this situation, but we shall see. I don't understand why they were originally just going to release her to me last Wednesday and would have if she had not had that set back? Now they have to get it court ordered first. Strange. I should hear today if the placement will happen. If so, they know I'd like to visit asap and dh will be coming too if possible. He is a RN and even though his area of expertise has nothing to do with this, he still knows his stuff and different terms. So it would be nice if he could go with the first time. When I originally was called to take this baby, they had forgotten he was a RN and boy was the worker excited when I mentioned that. I'll give you guys an update when I know. Most likely we will be meeting with the mom too when we go in, so that makes me really nervous. I do have my BSW though so between me with that dh being a RN, we should make good foster parents. (Plus I grew up with my parents doing it.)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #29
orangepiggyslittledog
Registered Users

Update here. Our baby girl left this morning. She got moved to a relatives home (who are WONDERFUL!) and she gets to be with her siblings. Happy she is with family...while mom gets it together but sad to see her go too.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sadly, we didn't get to see the girls' birth mom like we had planned. She called me about 15 minutes before I was going to leave to pick her up to let me know that she was feeling sick. She was having body aches and was getting dizzy every time she stood up. So, just in case she had something that was contagious, she wanted to stay away from the girls. As long as she's feeling okay, we are planning on getting together this next weekend, though.

The concert was really nice, though. Lots of laughter and tears.