Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wed-Fri chat 5/4-5/6

Made the chat thread through Friday since we seem to all be really busy with our new babies

Today, a friend (she's my sister's friend really, but is looking for sahms to hang out with. & I know her pretty well, so hopefully we can make a good friendship) with a baby is supposed to come over. I'm pretty excited. I hope it's super fun & she wants to hang out all the time.

Well last night I decided to try my FB on Axton's little hiney again. So far we've used 4 & I haven't noticed any reaction, but its been dark & I'm tired, so I'll see in the morning if he's all red & rashy again or not. If not, I'll still probably use my PFs & covers at home & the FBs when going out since I only have 10 that Logan isn't using (& I sold his XS FB ) oh well.

Well before my friend comes over, I am going to try to hang my laundry (same laundry I've been saying I need to hang all weekend...) It's been stashed in the laundry room so my living room still looks clean

That's all I've got today. Have a good day ladies!

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Re: Wed-Fri chat 5/4-5/6

Yay for potential good friends coming over, Rosie! I hope it goes well for you. And also that you get your laundry hung! Silly girl. The only diaper I have that fits my Gracie right now is a one size fuzzi bunz, which actually fits quite nicely. But, we're still using sposies right now. Hubby requested that we use them for at least a couple of months. I figure I will switch over in a few weeks to our small fuzzibunz. I'm excited to get to cloth. She's just so tiny that it might be a while before they fit. I guess we'll see!

Around here we're getting ready to go to library story time. Went last week for the first time and my son is super excited to go back! I'm glad. It's good to have something to look forward to each week, methinks. My son is currently sitting beside me holding the baby. It's pretty sweet. Anyway, I need to go get him dressed and ready and her, too. She just spit milk all over her outfit.

Babies are keeping us busy, and I think it's probably good to switch to a thread every few days again. At least until we get super chatty again or they take our forum away! That will be sad.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Rebecca--Ive been thinking about taking Logan to the story time at our library. They have a preschool one on Thursday. Hope you have fun today!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tired Forgot how tiring it is to have a newborn again who gets up every 2 hours to eat at night. And still wants to eat every 2 hours during the day still, I am lucky if I can get him to 4 hours.

It is suppose to rain here so we are just hanging at the house till hubby gets home from work.

Hormones have been horrid the past week can't wait till they go away. Having a hard time adjusting to having 2 kids. I know it will take more time but man I think the grooginess of not sleeping isn't helping the situation much either.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rosie~ Hope you have fun today!
Rebecca~ Enjoy story hr

AFM: It is raining here again so we are trapped in the house again and we are all starting to grate on each other's nerves. I am trying to PT MDS and it is going ok. Esias has a cold again as does DD so we are battling that and one of the smalls just spilled my coffee all over the keyboard which is now sticky. My only goal today is to get the living room clean (TOYS, I hate toys) and keep the kitchen/dining rooms clean. We'll see how it goes.
Alright gotta go inspect the progress in the living room.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its nice to read what you guys are up to. Its been 4 days since my LO was born. Its kinda crazy to have a 15 mo old and a new little one. I read a thread this morning while nursing about whats the ideal spacing for kids and everyone was saying 2-3 years. I kinda felt bad that mine arent even 1.5 years apart. I kinda feel like I have done a disservice to my older DD as I wont be breastfeeding her for 2 years like I wanted to. I am okay with tandem feeding but she just doesnt seem to want to nurse anymore. Lately at night she turns over the other way, and I have to reposition her. Last night I just didnt bother and she went right to sleep. I then proceeded to cry for an hour Im so impressed with what a gentle good nurser she is...and now all I have to nurse is this piranha that absolutely WILL NOT UNLATCH for the life of me. Its horribly painful!

Other than that, my hubby just left to go to a fancy luncheon for work He took the week off but I guess he is going to this. So I better go put my work face on, cause its just me and 2 little ones (I put the 2 dogs in their cage...dont think I am ready for that too yet)
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Rosie, you totally should do it! My son really enjoys it. He had a great time today, although he cried both this week and last week when we had to leave. It's done around eleven, which is usually nap time around here, so it's a double whammy!

Jenny, hoping your hormones regulate soon. It's tough adjusting to two. my gilie was up every two hours all night long, too. She did much better (one four hour stretch!) her first week... but this last week hasn't been so hot.

Jasmine, it's rainy here, too! Hoping it clears up soon for you! My hubby has a cold and my son is starting to complain of a yucky nose. I guess we're heading down that road. I don't want to deal with a baby with a cold!

Anna, I hear you on the nursing pain... My girl will be three weeks tomorrow (!) and I'm still crying my way through many nursing sessions. Hoping it gets better soon!

Off to get this kid down for his nap before he loses it!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitrecca View Post
Rosie, you totally should do it! My son really enjoys it. He had a great time today, although he cried both this week and last week when we had to leave. It's done around eleven, which is usually nap time around here, so it's a double whammy!

Jenny, hoping your hormones regulate soon. It's tough adjusting to two. my gilie was up every two hours all night long, too. She did much better (one four hour stretch!) her first week... but this last week hasn't been so hot.

Jasmine, it's rainy here, too! Hoping it clears up soon for you! My hubby has a cold and my son is starting to complain of a yucky nose. I guess we're heading down that road. I don't want to deal with a baby with a cold!

Anna, I hear you on the nursing pain... My girl will be three weeks tomorrow (!) and I'm still crying my way through many nursing sessions. Hoping it gets better soon!

Off to get this kid down for his nap before he loses it!
Yeah the night before last she did a 4 hour, 2 hour, and then another 4 hour! Not last night up every 2 hours I wanted to cry I was and still am very tired.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey gals.
So happy to be back to the normal world now. LOL
I had no internet for like a week and felt sooooo lost.

We are doing really well. I, too, have a baby pirahnah and it hurts SO bad to nurse her sometimes. Plus, she refuses a binky of any kind and only wants me. She is my little velcro baby. LOL Her Daddy and siblings get frustrated cause when she is done with them holding her (even if it's been only 5 seconds) she WILL let them know and then ALL she wants is me...calms right down and stops screaming as soon as she is back in my arms). This kid is NOT shy and will let ya know EXACTLY what she wants...or doesn't.

Ok, question. I have dealt with thrush before with previous kids and I know many of you are struggling now with it, so here it goes:

My left nipple is absolutely KILLING me...when nursing or even when not. It feels just like thrush did/does...like a million daggers or razors tearing me up from the inside out. It is also very inflamed and sensitive to the touch. It isn't bright red or pink which is tell tale signs of it, nor is it dry or flaky. My right nipple and breast do not hurt at all.
We were at the ped this morning for her one month checkup and he saw NO signs of thrush in her at all. Should I still treat myself as having it? Is it possible to be something else? if so, what>??? I am airing them out now and trying my best to nurse her when I can on that side even if I curse (she's too young to really understand what I'm saying or repeat it, right???).
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like everyone is or at least trying to get back into the swing of things. If it would warm up and stop raining here then we would be back to normal. We spent the morning at the museum center with some friends. It was packed with school groups which makes it hard to see my kids and keep track of them. DS2 walked away and I spent 5 minutes, that felt like hours, trying not to panic looking for him. He was in the ball area playing with somebody's grandpa. I've never lost one of my kids before so I'm sure people thought I was a crazy lady searching for him.

All three kids fell asleep in the car but DS1 woke up when we got home so no real nap for him. DD is having issues with me putting her down now that we are home. She will stay asleep for a couple minutes then scream like she is in pain. DS2 is napping at least so I can relax and not have to worry about him climbing the walls. I'm off to try to get some sewing done while things are mellow, I'll see if I can sew with DD on my front.