Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wed-Fri chat 5/4-5/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by divergirldee View Post
Well last night I decided to try my FB on Axton's little hiney again. So far we've used 4 & I haven't noticed any reaction, but its been dark & I'm tired, so I'll see in the morning if he's all red & rashy again or not. If not, I'll still probably use my PFs & covers at home & the FBs when going out since I only have 10 that Logan isn't using (& I sold his XS FB ) oh well.

Well before my friend comes over, I am going to try to hang my laundry (same laundry I've been saying I need to hang all weekend...) It's been stashed in the laundry room so my living room still looks clean

That's all I've got today. Have a good day ladies!
The XS FBs night not have fit for long anyway. Karis is already on the largest setting you can go to before you have to use snap covers for the hip snaps. I'm sad, too, b/c they are our night time diaper.

Have fun with your friend! I don't really have any SAHMs here that I can hang out with who are close. A few from my old church, but they live across town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitrecca View Post
Around here we're getting ready to go to library story time. Went last week for the first time and my son is super excited to go back! I'm glad. It's good to have something to look forward to each week, methinks. My son is currently sitting beside me holding the baby. It's pretty sweet. Anyway, I need to go get him dressed and ready and her, too. She just spit milk all over her outfit.

Babies are keeping us busy, and I think it's probably good to switch to a thread every few days again. At least until we get super chatty again or they take our forum away! That will be sad.
We went to story time at the library today too! We always get there late, though. It starts at 10 and we started getting ready at 9. But at least we got there! DD1 loves it, though she's too shy to join in and mostly just watches the other kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBUTWILLING View Post
Tired Forgot how tiring it is to have a newborn again who gets up every 2 hours to eat at night. And still wants to eat every 2 hours during the day still, I am lucky if I can get him to 4 hours.

It is suppose to rain here so we are just hanging at the house till hubby gets home from work.

Hormones have been horrid the past week can't wait till they go away. Having a hard time adjusting to having 2 kids. I know it will take more time but man I think the grooginess of not sleeping isn't helping the situation much either.
2 is hard! It will get easier, though. How old is your DD? So sorry the hormones are giving you a hard time, I hope they settle down soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjulian View Post
AFM: It is raining here again so we are trapped in the house again and we are all starting to grate on each other's nerves. I am trying to PT MDS and it is going ok. Esias has a cold again as does DD so we are battling that and one of the smalls just spilled my coffee all over the keyboard which is now sticky. My only goal today is to get the living room clean (TOYS, I hate toys) and keep the kitchen/dining rooms clean. We'll see how it goes.
Alright gotta go inspect the progress in the living room.
Aliza and I are both fighting colds too, and hoping Karis doesn't catch it. I don't know which is worse, a toddler with a cold or a newborn with one. Though honestly, I've never experienced a newborn with one. Praying for your little guy to feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purna079 View Post
Its nice to read what you guys are up to. Its been 4 days since my LO was born. Its kinda crazy to have a 15 mo old and a new little one. I read a thread this morning while nursing about whats the ideal spacing for kids and everyone was saying 2-3 years. I kinda felt bad that mine arent even 1.5 years apart. I kinda feel like I have done a disservice to my older DD as I wont be breastfeeding her for 2 years like I wanted to. I am okay with tandem feeding but she just doesnt seem to want to nurse anymore. Lately at night she turns over the other way, and I have to reposition her. Last night I just didnt bother and she went right to sleep. I then proceeded to cry for an hour Im so impressed with what a gentle good nurser she is...and now all I have to nurse is this piranha that absolutely WILL NOT UNLATCH for the life of me. Its horribly painful!

Other than that, my hubby just left to go to a fancy luncheon for work He took the week off but I guess he is going to this. So I better go put my work face on, cause its just me and 2 little ones (I put the 2 dogs in their cage...dont think I am ready for that too yet)
So sorry your new LO is being tough on you. I guess I'm lucky that Karis is such a good nurser. I don't know if we will go 2 years or not (DH thinks past a year is a bit weird). Yay for you for making it 15 months, though! I wanted to go at least a year with DD1 but only made it 9.5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyS View Post
We are doing really well. I, too, have a baby pirahnah and it hurts SO bad to nurse her sometimes. Plus, she refuses a binky of any kind and only wants me. She is my little velcro baby. LOL Her Daddy and siblings get frustrated cause when she is done with them holding her (even if it's been only 5 seconds) she WILL let them know and then ALL she wants is me...calms right down and stops screaming as soon as she is back in my arms). This kid is NOT shy and will let ya know EXACTLY what she wants...or doesn't.

Ok, question. I have dealt with thrush before with previous kids and I know many of you are struggling now with it, so here it goes:

My left nipple is absolutely KILLING me...when nursing or even when not. It feels just like thrush did/does...like a million daggers or razors tearing me up from the inside out. It is also very inflamed and sensitive to the touch. It isn't bright red or pink which is tell tale signs of it, nor is it dry or flaky. My right nipple and breast do not hurt at all.
We were at the ped this morning for her one month checkup and he saw NO signs of thrush in her at all. Should I still treat myself as having it? Is it possible to be something else? if so, what>??? I am airing them out now and trying my best to nurse her when I can on that side even if I curse (she's too young to really understand what I'm saying or repeat it, right???).
Wow, so many of us are having nursing trouble. So sorry for everyone that's still in pain. I guess I'm either lucky or numb, LOL. My nipples were sore for maybe a week. Karis nurses very often and isn't the most gentle--she just sucks the nipple in, instead of latching with an open mouth--but it doesn't bother me at all.
I hope you don't have thrush, Stacey, or if you do, that you are able to get it cleared up quickly and without passing it to Bekah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek4 View Post
All three kids fell asleep in the car but DS1 woke up when we got home so no real nap for him. DD is having issues with me putting her down now that we are home. She will stay asleep for a couple minutes then scream like she is in pain. DS2 is napping at least so I can relax and not have to worry about him climbing the walls. I'm off to try to get some sewing done while things are mellow, I'll see if I can sew with DD on my front.
I hate car naps! They are NO substitute for the real thing. So sorry, Mama.
Karis will do the fall asleep then wake up with a loud cry, thing too. I don't know what it is, gas pain?? She does it more at night.

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Doing good here, took Cullen in for a professional photo shoot today i have never done that before. But i get a free 8x10 and he might be in ads So i went and my goodness it was amazing, i am going to have a hard time not spending alot of money.

Our cord fell off today and is bloody still...we have been in sposies for the the whole time. Tomorrow we get to start into cloth so excited i hope his xs fit him still....i havent even tried one on him yet!

Tandem nursing is going so so so well for us thankfully. Myra nurses probably 4-5x a day right now, hoping she will go back to 3x a day in a week or two. And Cullen nurses best when they nurse together its adorable, i need to get DH to take a pic.....

I have only 5lbs to loose from this pregnancy! and 15lbs total from before i got pregnant w/ myra... so happy. Going to start Zumba this june and cant wait to get fit! Dh is now a personal trainer and i wanna look good being his wifey
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oo, Melissa, Zumba sounds so fun.

Soo...Axton is still allergic/sensitive to the fleece...super rash this morning after only being in 5 FBs. Ugh. Oh well, at least theyre OS & I can try again next month. Back in PFs since this morning & the rash is almost completely gone.

Had a good time with my friend this afternoon. & although Logan didn't nap, he did stay in his bed (i let him watch a movie), Axton was sleeping, & I sat in the glider & read a book & drank tea. It was a great quiet time. I feel much more sane not trying to make him nap. I'm not sure if I'll pay for it later with a fussy boy, but it was worth it for some quiet time to myself.

Well, dh texted me that he forgot his Tae Kwon Do uniform at home, so I'm off to bring it to him
Old 05-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDiaper728 View Post
2 is hard! It will get easier, though. How old is your DD? So sorry the hormones are giving you a hard time, I hope they settle down soon!
DD is 2 1/2 going on 13 I swear she has the biggest mouth ever and it is driving me mad. I think the hormones are just taking over me this time around they need to go away they are driving me mad!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone! I got home from the hospital today. Having 2 surgeries within 3 weeks sucks. Gabriel made it through barely, he was pretty upset yesterday when I couldn't hold or nurse him right after surgery. Still sucky because I can't hold him well, the gas they pumped into me is incredibly painful

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #16
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
Hi everyone! I got home from the hospital today. Having 2 surgeries within 3 weeks sucks. Gabriel made it through barely, he was pretty upset yesterday when I couldn't hold or nurse him right after surgery. Still sucky because I can't hold him well, the gas they pumped into me is incredibly painful
You poor thing I could not imagine having to go through another surgery after having a c-section. I am still in pain from mine and that was over 2 weeks ago. Hope you recover fast from this.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #17
luvdisney
Registered Users

My Mood:

HELLO everyone.

I have been so out of the loop. Emily is awesome. I am back to about 80% at this point. We have made some progress on our breast feeding issues, and I managed to go all day today without giving her a bottle--she got breast milk right from the source. If we can keep up this trend, I will no longer have to be a slave to the pump (I both love and hate the thing).

I got my computer issue fixed today too, so hopefully I can get caught up on everyone.

So good to be back.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #18
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies!
we're still adjusting here as well....Elizabeth is a pretty good baby though, just likes to be held...and refuses to sleep in her bassinet at night, but we do get about 4 hours at a time while she's in our bed so I'm happy with that

now if only I didn't have to change my shirt a million times a day from leaking

well gotta go...MDD just woke her up, again...sigh
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #19
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto2girls

now if only I didn't have to change my shirt a million times a day from leaking
haha, for some reason I thought that the second time around, I wouldnt have this. I dont know why I would think that....pretty silly as Ive been leaking like crazy!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #20
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tired.....gassy baby last night that wanted to comfort nurse I think I got 4 hours of broken sleep. I am really trying hard not to give up on this nursing thing for him...but he is a PIG and wants to be latched on 24/7. I can't have that I have lots of stuff to get done. I feel like a selfish parent for even thinking about it.

I am drinking the tea and it is helping but I guess I am going to have to up how much I drink and then pump 15 minutes after he eats to stimulate more.

This whole pregnancy birth and child is soooooo different and I am at a lose on what to do.

Would I be a bad parent for stopping nursing to give him formula? I wanted the same thing I gave to DD and that was to nurse till 11 months again. I don't know what I am doing wrong this time around and I am sure you all are sick of my complaining about it.

Hope everyone is having a good day I am going to attempt to keep busy so I don't fall asleep before hubby gets home from work.