Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #21
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wed-Fri chat 5/4-5/6

Good morning girls.

My nipple is a tad bit better today, but I am still going into the OB today to make sure it isn't an infection. I also want to ask for some APNO. I had actually never heard about it before hearing about it here.
I was so exhausted from all the pain yesterday, both emotionally and physically, that I passed out around 4pm yesterday and dh let me sleep til 6:30! That meant a very late bedtime for both myself and Rebekah, whom slept right alongside me for our late nap.

Rosie~ sorry to hear about Axton's sensitive tushie! I never thought I'd be a PF lover, but I reach for those first with Rebekah. LOL

Jenny~ I hope the hormones tame down for ya. I had a bit of a hard time the other day...got irritated easily all day and then a bit weepy at night.

Lindsay~ you poor girl. I hope you have LOTS of help during your recovery period. I am praying you start to heal and feel better soon!

Heather~ I am still leaking alot, too. I think it is because she is a HUGE nurser...seems she is always attached to the boob. The ped asked me yesterday how many feedings per day and I just don't know....too many to keep track of (we obviously feed on demand). Thank goodness she sleeps a full 5-7 hours at night. Oh, and we are co-sleeping, too (another thing I did NOT want to do) because...well, we both sleep so much better that way. I guess it's true...gotta pick your battles, eh?

Advertisement

We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #22
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenny~ you aren't a bad parent at all, girl. You obviously care and love both your children as any Mother would. FYI, I just read to stimulate the body to make more milk to pump immediately after a feeding and then for 2 solid minutes after the breast is empty.
Have you tried the fenugreek? I can't remember if you did or not.
I hear ya on the being attached all day thing...Rebekah is the same way and that is the reason I didn't want to nurse when still trying to decide, but now she won't even take a bottle of formula so.....
Old 05-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #23
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lindsay--hope the gas pains go away soon & you recover quickly. I can't imagine taking care of 2 kids after a major surgery like a c-section, let alone after 2 surgeries. Praying for you girl

Heather--I'm leaking in my shirt all night. Never had that issue with Logan.

Ericka--so glad nursing is going much better for you! Hope you continue to heal & are 100% soon

Jenny--poor you with all the crazy hormones have you tried a pacifier for Matthew? That may give you just the break you need to be able to continue nursing. Just bc he keeps wanting to suck, doesn't mean he's still hungry...he could just want some comfort. If you really want to continue to nurse, then along with your milk supply increasing efforts, I'd try to give him a paci every once in a awhile (both my boys would only take the Soothie, so I know kids have preferences)

Stacey--had your nipple's feeling a bit better, hope its nothing serious.

AFM, I was going to take Logan to story time today...but I looked at the schedule for the library that's far away instead of the close one. The preschool story time at the close library is Wednesday's. We may still go & check out a book or movie or something since he's already asked me to go this morning.

We may also visit my mom & the kids if they're feeling better--they've had colds
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I emailed my aunt she is a NICU nurse so she has LC friends so she is going to talk with them to see what I am doing is going to help. I am upping my intake of the tea to 5 cups a day. Waiting 15 minutes after he eats and pump 10 minutes on each side so I get a good let down on each side. I pumped this morning about 30 minutes after he had eaten and got over an ounce of milk which I was surprised to see...of course most of it came from my right breast which always produces more.

He doesn't like paci's but we make him take one anyways....when he is done eating and just wants to suck but you have to hold it there. He knocks it out with his hands then gets pissy. The swing has been my best friend yet again that is where he naps mostly and that is how I got 1 1/2 hours of sleep last night

I just feel horrible he is so gassy....I know their digestive tracts are still getting used to everything but he grunts all the time. I remember DD being gassy too but she actually slept long stretches at night time.

I hope tonight is a better night I was so frustrated with him last night I didn't know what to do. My poor husband left our bed and went into the spare room to sleep since he had to get up for work early today. I also had to break the news that I didn't want him going to his friend bachelor party that is 3 hours away Friday onto Saturday. I don't feel comfortable yet doing that let alone I need him right now to keep me level headed.

My goal today is to keep him up during the day for longer stretches I think he slept to much yesterday hence why he was up all night. And I drink about 4-5 32 ounce water bottle full of water a day so I know I am not dehydrated. Plus I drink the tea as well during the day.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #25
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

Ericka, nice to "see" you! Glad nursing is going better

Heather, yay for 4 hours! The leaking is no fun, I was convinced I wasn't this time and NOW I've started leaking.

Jenny, you should do whatever you feel works best for your family I've found a carrier (a pouch mostly here) works wonders for a baby that won't be set down. You can still nurse and get things done at the same time.

Stacey, sorry about your nipple! IDK if it's thrush or not- but you can always try vinegar washes to see if it helps, because it can't hurt anything if that's not it.

AFM, I feel...BUSY! I love to be busy, actually, but I'm a little overwhelmed right now trying to keep up with all of DD's stuff, keeping the house clean, and taking care of Judah. He's pretty fussy- I think it might be because of the nystatin, but it could just be how he's going to be. He pretty much nurses every 90 minutes-2 hrs (those are his long stretches!) during the day, hourly in the evening, and then at night we're getting 2-3 hours between feedings if I put him in bed with me. If I'm lucky Judah will start in his cosleeper, but it doesn't last long. I swore I wasn't going to have this baby in our bed. HAHA. So much for plans, right?
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #26
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tee hee Ali~I quite literally wrote the exact same thing about co-sleeping about 3 posts up. A mamma's gotta get some sleep to be able to handle all we do, right??
Old 05-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #27
luckygreen713
Registered Users
seller

Hey everyone!

Thinking of and praying for those of you who are having a hard time. Hope things get better soon!

All is well here. Maura is nursing well, but I have an overactive let-down, which makes her choke. Milk squirts out in a continuous stream, kind of like a little squirt gun, it goes about a foot away. So when I feed her I have to un-latch her when I feel my milk letting down and let it stop squirting before I let her latch on again. DH thought I was exaggerating until I showed him today. He couldn't believe it, his reaction was pretty funny.

I saw my doula today and we talked about the birth. It was nice to see her. She filled me in on things that I couldn't remember. Apparently Maura came out in one push, she didn't stop after her head was born, just kept on coming in one smooth motion. It was my doula's first time seeing that happen. It all happened so quickly that some of it was a little unclear to me, lol. I will type up my birth story one of these days.

How's post-partum bleeding been for everyone? Mine seemed to stop 2 days ago but is back again today. It's not that heavy and there's no cramping, but I had some very small clots and it has me a tiny bit concerned. I'll be 2 weeks post-partum tomorrow. I guess if it continues or gets worse I'll call the midwife.

Well, have a good evening everyone
Old 05-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #28
dill_partyof7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haven't been on in a few days- it was check on my gal pals or sleep. I didn't do either cuz everytime I thought sleep was a good idea, the little one would start peeping. LOL

It's been a week already? Been home for 4 days now and we are still definitely adjusting. The one who is doing the most adjusting is myself and my 20 month old. She absolutely adores the baby- wants to hold him and touch him and kiss him and rub his head ( all too hard for my nerves). And when I try to correct her she has a fit. Then lately she has been having emotional meltdowns for normal things. I know she will adjust. It is just stupefying to me when she starts crying rather dramatically because she wants my candy in my gift basket after I gave her 5 pieces too many just to keep her quiet.

Going to attack the laundry and my room today. My room has not been this disarrayed in years!

Other than that today is me and hubby's wedding anniversary. Today culminates 9 sweet years! I am trying to think of some good ideas to celebrate being that we are really tight right now... I did get him a gift, I hope he likes. I am going to make a card. Hmm maybe I can make some homemade sugar cookies and write messages on them
Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #29
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So since monday i have pumped 54oz of milk how flipping nuts! I get up at 2 or 4am and pump for maybe 4 mi nutes and fill the bottles....and am still full up top! Myra is nursing about 4-5x a day and cullen whenever he wants...this is nuts...and he will be 2wks tomorrow
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #30
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally jealous of you Melissa! I just got Reglan today to help boost my supply since its been lacking.

May sound like a dumb question but do your babies grunt a lot in their sleep and scream sometimes with gas pains? I don't remember how DD was at this age.