Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
wilaby27
Registered Users

Re: Why does this always happen to me???

I understand where you are coming from, but I am happy to have someone to be pregnant with.
My sister and I had all three of our pregnancies together. My sisters first pregnancy and birth was high risk and had lots of complicates, mine was routine, so I got pushed to the side. My mother even threw us a joint shower and invited more of her friends than mine. I looked at it as a blessing though since the kids will always have a playmate the same age.
DS1 and DN(ephew)1 were born 5 days apart. DS2 and DN2 were 9 weeks apart and DS3 and DN3 were 12 days apart
The boys love having their cousins and they even go to the same school.

Advertisement

wilaby27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can see the fun in being pregnant at the same time as someone you like and who is supportive of you (and who you want be to supportive to). I wouldn't mind if my own sister was having a baby at the same time as me but I would not be excited to be pregnant with my sister-in-law. We are very different and not close at all. Maybe the relationship with the person you are sharing your pregnancy with can make a big difference!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
tooker2010
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was one of 3 pregnant with our firsts in my DH's immediate family! My BIL was having a baby with a married woman (oops, did i say that out loud?) my 16 yo SIL became pregnant with her boyfriend, and so by the time my DH and I announced we were pregnant it was rather anticlimactic. I'm pretty close with my SIL though so that smoothed things a little. My DD is the first biological grandchild on my side of the family though, so at least I had that.

Last edited by tooker2010; 05-04-2011 at 05:34 PM.
tooker2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can relate. I didn't plan on getting pregnant but I did and most my family knew by the time I was 8 or 9 weeks. At 14 weeks my aunt kept insisting I come over so we finally did and she told me she was 12 weeks pregnant. She had known for 6 weeks after she found out I was pregnant that she was pregnant. I felt like it took my thunder away but it wasn't like she planned it. Hopefully this time around mama since it is his cousin she won't take away too much from you
Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is the 2nd pregnancy I've been able to share with someone close. I have 2 good friends that are pregnant and due just weeks before me. We are all excited for one another. I guess I never could really understand this kind of upset... I could never be pissed that someone else is pregnant regardless of when it happens. Maybe it's because no one makes a big fuss about who's pregnant.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
This is the 2nd pregnancy I've been able to share with someone close. I have 2 good friends that are pregnant and due just weeks before me. We are all excited for one another. I guess I never could really understand this kind of upset... I could never be pissed that someone else is pregnant regardless of when it happens. Maybe it's because no one makes a big fuss about who's pregnant.

I always enjoyed having close friends who were pregnant with me - and I love that our kids are great playmates now. My issue is more with other people, and not the actual pregnant person, KWIM? It's especially bad this time around, since it's our third go-round, and we're having another boy... even my own MIL "forgets" I'm pregnant. She'll call me up and go on and on and on about DH's cousin and his wife (due one month after me), and then tell me I need to help them register, and start planning the shower, etc etc. But never once does she ask me how I'm doing, or if I need anything. LOL.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pregnancies always come in threes you've never heard that? I can remember when we were TTC#1 (for 12m) I would hear about 2 pregnant friends and think "oh! do I get to be the 3rd!" Finally, SIL, friend from HS and I all got PG within a week from each other!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #18
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah... I totally understand. My sister always joked about wanting us to get pregnant together. I talked about how I really didn't want that cause I wanted my first pregnancy to be special. Well. . . We found out we were pregnant last Sept. We were not trying and we had just gotten married and she was trying for her third so we decided not to tell yet. She found out when she was in town visiting me (2 weeks later)that she was pregnant and txt me from the other room. I cried. So we kept it a secret from everyone in our family and just enjoyed it with our church family (until 17weeks). Then we found out that my SIL was also pregnant. Hers was also an accident. She just had a baby about 5 months before... so now we are all due in June. It stinks to me because I don't feel special but we are having the first grandson in my family so that is cool. We are also not inviting anyone to the hospital or to come see us for a couple weeks after the baby is born. We just feel it would be best if we enjoyed it as a small little 3 person family and then later worry about everyone else talking about everyone else's baby being born.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #19
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw I wish that I had a relative to be pregnant with. My kids won't have any cousins near their age
Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #20
drkelli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My husband has 9 sisters and 3 SILs. So there's always someone pregnant with me! Doesn't bother me anymore.