View Poll Results: How often do you make love?
2+ a week 104 33.33%
1 a week 77 24.68%
1 every 2 weeks 63 20.19%
1 month or longer 68 21.79%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #11
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you & DH make love?

I voted 2+ times a week, but that isn't always true. WE joke that dh is a sex camel, he stores it up. After ds1 was born we didn't more than once a month until he was almost 2. Then it was more frequent until Ds2 came along. Then for several months we didn't at all. I was healing from a tear and while I am bfing it is hard for me to get in the mood and I tend to have dryness issues (I know tmi). This time wasn't as bad as with ds1 though, don't know if it is because of the mirena IUD or what but I felt more in the mood earlier. Since ds2 was about 7 months we try to dtd a couple of times a week when AF isn't around. Now that is dependant on the boys actually sleeping at night. We cosleep with both of them so some nights are a no go even if we wanted to. But lately we can find some time after the boys fall asleep. IT does mean late nights though, so we can't be busy more than a couple times a week or dh wouldn't get enough sleep to work. But no I don't think 1 time a week is abnormal at all, there were long stretches of time where we weren't nearly that active.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:

My DF has a HIGH sex drive. When he's tired and stressed from work, usually we have sex 3-4 times a week. If it's a good, slow week at work, probably closer to 7

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Everyday, a few times a day. This is his idea. Ironically, when I was pg I couldn't stand the sight of him and wondered what I ever saw in him, but since my loss, I've been sooo sexually attracted to him and find him incredibly sexy. Still, I could do with a little less often.
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #14
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

well this year it has been zero
but when we were together i have to say it was not even once a month but our marriage is not falling apart cuz of that. yes we both dont have sex drives but we do other things that make us hot for each other and no its not **** or other types of sex. (ok this is TMI).
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
Stefany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinvillageiowa View Post
Ironcially enough, I'm the one who wants more! My boyfriend only is interested in a few times a month. Plus our times of interest are totally different. He always wants to get things going when our twins (9 months) are awake and crying or we are about to walk out the door. I am more in to it when the girls are asleep but that is the time that he wants to play video games. For awhile, it was only like once every 6 or 7 weeks!!!!!!
I have the same problem. Do you ever get the feeling he only wants it when he really can't have it???

To the OP, I think once a week with a baby that young is GOOD and your man should be plenty happy for now.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #16
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2babyboys View Post
he says its one reason he isnt as close to me any more since I wont " give it up" for him

Wow .. that's sort of messed up I think. Since I've been pregnant I haven't been putting out or giving it up hardly at all. My boyfriend doesn't dare say that sort of thing. If our closeness were based solely on sex then he'd have some real big problems. If that really were the case for us we prolly wouldn't even be together anymore due to my lack of a libido and his overactive libido. :P
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

When he is home. We have sex a lot. It is more then 4 times a week and sometimes 2 times in one day. We make time for each other and take any opportunity we can. Sex is not just for the bedroom anymore. That is one part of our marriage that has never had any problems at all.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #18
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I voted 1 month or longer in reality, it's been like...6 months now, before that it had been well over a year. Ahh the joys of being a single mommy. No, really tho, I'm too tired of having to worry about dtd most days anyways
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #19
razz116
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

5-6 times a week

DH works nights, so I just wake him up before I go to bed and he goes to work. It's a nice way for him to wake up

When Nate was 4.5 months old, it was only like 3 times a week because it hurt more then.

And even with it that much and no protection, we still haven't gotten pregnant in over 5 months of trying
Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #20
KaiyaSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We averaged about 1x a week before baby and now we aren't quite up to that again. Now it's more like 3x a month. (DS is 7mo and I'm BFing as well.. not to mention a high needs baby)