Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Experience with Ectopic/tubal pregnancies!??

just wondering if anyone has ever had an ectopic pregnancy? Im not sure actually whats going on but I'm about 6 weeks and my HCG levels are low and rising slowly. I have had spotting since last week and now it's a light period. I don't have any pain or cramping. My OB did a pelvic exam on Monday and he didn't feel anything weird and I didn't have any pain with the exam either. I'm just curious if it's like you have no pain till it too late then it becomes an emergent situation or is there pain/ discomfort early? I have an ultrasound schedule for 1030 am but I'm a little freaked out right now. Any experiences with this topic would be greatly appreciated! Talk me down from my panic! Lol

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Experience with Ectopic/tubal pregnancies!??

what are your levels and doubling times? I had an ectopic that started low but doubled correctly but at 7.5 weeks found nothing in the uterus...followed up with a more clear US the next day and diagnosed a tubal pregnancy. My beta at that time was over 10000. The doctor gave me the option of surgery or methotrexate...I opted for the methotrexate but the tube ended up rupturing and I had to have emergency surgery so consider this well before choosing an option if this is what is going on.

On a more positive note, beta numbers vary at first and you could have simply lost a twin pregnancy but still have a viable singleton. Or it could just be your particular pregnancy is starting out slow. Your dates may be off a bit so the numbers seem lower than they are because the dates are off a bit. Basically don't worry until you have to and good luck either way.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
what are your levels and doubling times? I had an ectopic that started low but doubled correctly but at 7.5 weeks found nothing in the uterus...followed up with a more clear US the next day and diagnosed a tubal pregnancy. My beta at that time was over 10000. The doctor gave me the option of surgery or methotrexate...I opted for the methotrexate but the tube ended up rupturing and I had to have emergency surgery so consider this well before choosing an option if this is what is going on.

On a more positive note, beta numbers vary at first and you could have simply lost a twin pregnancy but still have a viable singleton. Or it could just be your particular pregnancy is starting out slow. Your dates may be off a bit so the numbers seem lower than they are because the dates are off a bit. Basically don't worry until you have to and good luck either way.
Thanks so much for your reply mama! So here is the jist of it. I ovulated at the end of march I think and got my first faint positive preg test on April 8 th. They just got darker from that day so I was excited. So on probably April 25 th or so I started noticing brown discharge. It was just a little so I didn't think anything of it until it just didn't stop. It was annoying so I called my OB. Had an appointment he ordered blood work and did a pelvic. That was Monday. My HCG level monday( should be 6-7 weeks) was 3300 and today it was 3600. So not much increase. I don't have any cramping or back pain or anything. The bleeding is now a light period. I have an US tomorrow morning to check what's going on. I'm just nervous cause it's just me and my 15 month old home tonight and Im scared if it is an ectopic it will be an emergency and I will be alone! pity party !
Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:

I had one between my ODS and current YDS. My levels went up but not like they should. They werent doubling every 48 hours. At about 5 weeks I started spotting (it was Easter) and then a few days later into a light period. After a week of everyone testing and in and out of the ER for the bleeding. Ultrasound showed nothing. It finally ruptured. The day before it ruptured I started getting some cramping nothing major but it was there. The day it ruptured it was painful. They did an ultrasound that day and finally saw the baby in my tube. I was 6weeks 1 day.

I dont want to scare you but that's what I experienced. I will keep my fingers crossed that its nothing...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyBeautifulMama View Post
I had one between my ODS and current YDS. My levels went up but not like they should. They werent doubling every 48 hours. At about 5 weeks I started spotting (it was Easter) and then a few days later into a light period. After a week of everyone testing and in and out of the ER for the bleeding. Ultrasound showed nothing. It finally ruptured. The day before it ruptured I started getting some cramping nothing major but it was there. The day it ruptured it was painful. They did an ultrasound that day and finally saw the baby in my tube. I was 6weeks 1 day.

I dont want to scare you but that's what I experienced. I will keep my fingers crossed that its nothing...
Wow! Sounds just like what I'm going thru! I am totally going to make sure they check my Fallopian tubes tomorrow! I wonder if this is what is going on! Crazy! Fingers crossed nothing happens from now until tomorrow at 1030 am
Thanks for your response !
Old 05-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

I had an ectopic last summer. My levels at first were rising, but slowly and my RE said that was a sign of impending miscarriage (not ectopic). It was only when my levels dropped and then rose again that they suspected it was ectopic. I had some mild discomfort, but no real pain. By the time you're really in pain with an ectopic, it has already ruptured.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Oh girl, that sounds more like a miscarriage, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hugs!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you have no pains at all, you should be just fine until your appointment tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that it's just a slow grower. I'm afraid that it does sound like it could be the beginnings of an early loss though.

I had a persistent ectopic diagnosed and treated just this past March 30. My numbers were doubling perfectly (even tripling), despite my bleeding. I had what I thought was my period a few days late. A few days later it stopped and I was having strange pregnancy symptoms so I tested and it was positive. I had minor bleeding after that, but with my numbers doubling properly my doc just thought it was a subchronic hemotoma.

I had what felt like period pains for about a day before it suddenly started getting worse and then got EXCRUCIATING. I had surgery just hours after the pain started (they saved my tube). My numbers were around 4,000 at the hospital and I was around 6.5 to 7 weeks along.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:

Just checking in. I hope everything is okay.