Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
May 5, 6, 7 Chat

Advertisement

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
merrysmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 5, 6, 7 Chat

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that it is MAY! I can't wait until my kids are out of school- only 21 more days!
merrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

We have 15 days left here....

Ibe had a somewhat productive morning, to make up for my super lazy day yesterday. I went through all the diapers and got the changing station set up mostly. I will need to wash them later but that can wait for a bit. I hjust wanted to see how it would all fit. There are still a few parts of it that are going to need tweaked but its coming along. Im doing laundry this morning and going to attempt to get the screen door back on its track, DS3 ran through it yesterday- luckily it didnt tear or hurt him!

Now, if the darn tree guy ever shows up.... he called at 7:15 this morning to say he would be here after dropping his son off at school- the same school my DS1 goes to. That was nearly 3 hours ago....

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Hello ladies. Been mia this week. Trying to keep up but having trouble. I've been in so much pain lately. Idk how I am going to make it to the end w/o seeing a chiro or something. (my hips) I can barely walk most days, and sitting, standing, anything hurts severely. Eating Tylenol like it's candy, just to try and take the edge off. I hate taking anything but this sucks.

In other news... lol. I am babysitting a 3m old lil boy today!!! He's napping right now, but I can smell him on me... sigh. I really needed this today, a reminder of why I am suffering through the next several months!!!! Plus he's so sweet!!!

Today marks day 1 of pl'ing my baby!! She's wearing pullups today and already pp'd on the potty!! Yay! I'm not expecting much yet but I am hoping to get her mostly pl'd by the time Evan gets here. More packing today. Oh and another trip (hopefully) to the goodwill. I love purging! lol
Old 05-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday was busy and today I just want to be lazy. I'm tired from being up for hours last night. I'm trying to come up with anything to do today so I can feel like I did something.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have nothing planned for today, but I need to catch up with school with ds1, it got pushed to the wayside yesterday with the nice weather.

So, I'm still wrapping my brain around a daughter. I've been scouring the web for cute clothes and such and i seriously can't find anything I like, so I think I'm just going to start sewing. But can I admit that my life of knit jersey and denim was SO easy and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with picking girly things.

We've learned after two kids that they just don't need that many clothes, so I'm going to be VERY picky and only make or get things I love. And I'm terrified to tell anyone else because I don't want to be infiltrated with all things PINK , I've got fairly picky taste especially when it comes to girl clothing and I don't want to feel obligated to dress my daughter in anything anyone gets for her.

Wow, now I just sound selfish or something , I'm surprised at my reaction, I am definitely mourning not having another boy this time... weird pregnancy hormones.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
we have nothing planned for today, but I need to catch up with school with ds1, it got pushed to the wayside yesterday with the nice weather.

So, I'm still wrapping my brain around a daughter. I've been scouring the web for cute clothes and such and i seriously can't find anything I like, so I think I'm just going to start sewing. But can I admit that my life of knit jersey and denim was SO easy and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with picking girly things.

We've learned after two kids that they just don't need that many clothes, so I'm going to be VERY picky and only make or get things I love. And I'm terrified to tell anyone else because I don't want to be infiltrated with all things PINK , I've got fairly picky taste especially when it comes to girl clothing and I don't want to feel obligated to dress my daughter in anything anyone gets for her.

Wow, now I just sound selfish or something , I'm surprised at my reaction, I am definitely mourning not having another boy this time... weird pregnancy hormones.
This is me!!!!!

We got some things from people and they were all pinks and purples. Now I like the colors but I think there comes a point were it is complete overload. And after 2 boys it is rather shocking. Dh and I just looked at the stuff like whoa thats really pink or purple.

I am better now I was picking out things with a ton of blues but I think I may have found a happy medium of what colors to get. I also do not want to get a ton of things just a couple of staples and a couple of really girly things (like diapers). We will see how it goes.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With Izzy everyone got her EVERYTHING pink. i hate pink. They still do. And now she loves pink. When I was pregnant with June my sis said it was better for everyone not to know so we would get gender neutral colors. It was definitely better at the beginning, but my in laws just said they would wait to buy clothes until then knew the gender.

For this little boy I went to try and buy some clothes I would like and it was hard. Everything is sports themed it seems. And we are not into sports at all. My Dad bought Seattle Seahawks stuff for him. And my FIL wants to buy him a Lakers jersey. Poor kid will get beat up at school. Don't they get we live in Oregon?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

See, I was the opposite with Kenzie. I love pink and didn't mind getting pink for her. I do like red and orange, etc, but with her red hair, not all colors work well for her. She can do blue and green very well. Pink and lavender still work for her. I loved dressing my girl and am now not finding anything I love for boys. Except one Zutano line. Sigh....
Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post

Your not selfish at all...just trying to maintain what youve learned with the boys, they dont need a TON of clothing, not even girls. Youll find things you love. Target and Carters websites have a ton of cute stuff right now and lots of different color options. I am another 'not too much pink, please' person but I will admit that after a few months, the pink has settled and unless I want to spend an arm and leg on non-pink wardrobe for a little baby, pink and purples it is. It seems when they are out of the 0-12 month clothes the colors are a lot more varied and available. Its like society wants boys in blue and girls in pink ONLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl View Post
With Izzy everyone got her EVERYTHING pink. i hate pink. They still do. And now she loves pink. When I was pregnant with June my sis said it was better for everyone not to know so we would get gender neutral colors. It was definitely better at the beginning, but my in laws just said they would wait to buy clothes until then knew the gender.

For this little boy I went to try and buy some clothes I would like and it was hard. Everything is sports themed it seems. And we are not into sports at all. My Dad bought Seattle Seahawks stuff for him. And my FIL wants to buy him a Lakers jersey. Poor kid will get beat up at school. Don't they get we live in Oregon?
Ohhhh, in this house those are fightin' words! We love the Lakers, DS1 is a DIE HARD fan and before we moved her to Missouri, he had attended several games with his DIE HARD grandma (my mom). Im not big on sports jerseys as attire but the kids do have Lakers jerseys as grandma buys them. They also have Dallas Cowboys jerseys since thats DHs team.

For boys clothes, I tend to find comfort is key, and mix and match options. Cargo shorts in several colors or patterns with a handful of mix/match shirts usually do the trick for spring summer around here.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 05-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote