Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: May 5, 6, 7 Chat

Theres a cute girly non-pink set on Spots this morning...
http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/st...small-wool-set

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quick question for you guys:

When I saw my ob last wed (so 8 days ago) he told me that my cervix looked normal and that the contractions weren't doing anything major yet. That I should call if they feel "different" I cancelled my appt for yesterday because I'd just been seen a week ago. My next appt is at 28 weeks, in four weeks. I'm not sure if I should call and ask to be seen sooner...my contractions still feel "normal" but they are coming in a lot more frequent sets....at least once a day I have a couple of hours of 3-5min apart. Ctx always hurt for me (they aren't BH) and my worry is that when I went into labor with dd3 at 35 weeks, clearly something had been happening even though nothing felt any different than my normally very irritable uterus. I'm afraid of waiting until they feel very different as that could mean serious labor, you know? Should I call and just ask to be seen sooner than 4 weeks? What would you do?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think if you are worried (and you sound like you are a little.) I would call and bump up the appt. You don't need the added stress.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jill, I would definatley call. Especially if they feel 'different'.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2wildboys View Post
Jill, I would definatley call. Especially if they feel 'different'.
ditto
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #16
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys.

I called and talked with our nurse. I HATE being a bother, as this is my fourth, so I know what goes on and don't want to be "that" mom lol. But she was actually kind of mad at me for not calling. She seems to be more aggressive about things than my ob, who is out for the week.
She said she thinks, and we'll talk with one of the obs on monday, that I need to be seen at least once a week, possibly twice, until we reach a safer point in pregnancy. I have an appt with one of the other obs on Monday afternoon for a looksie.

And she told me to stop being silly and to call if ANYTHING changes, not just the intensity. That's what is hard for me...I have a very high pain tolerance, and don't even feel REAL labor pains until transition and then birth. It's nice for the actual birth, but makes it hard to figure out what's real!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jill I would get an earlier appointment.

Amy- We have a good mixture of sports theme and non sports theme clothes. We are major sports people here but not really any specific team sports fans. Family like to buy us particular team clothes and thats ok bc we like the teams and even if we didn't the kids will look cute in them.

The boys LOVE there baseball hats though. People laugh bc they will have on rival hats.

We discovered early that there is a problem when you put your child in a particular team item. When ds1 was 6 months old we were in Williamsburg VA and he had a Yankee hat on. It was Memorial Day weekend and PACKED. Well some grown woman thought it would be funny if she screamed go Red Sox in my 6 month old sons face. Really lady!!

When we were in Tampa Bay when ds was 7 months old people were saying, "Uh oh you better get a knew hat." Which is fine they were joking and they did not scream in his face. We went to the Rays game and it was ds1 first mlb game so we got him a hat. We never get comments on that hate except that it is cute.

No matter what the team it always sparks convo and sometimes its, "What happen last night?" or "Whatcha think about the trade?" DH and I usually laugh at it bc we like to watch sports and watch them all the time but we really do not get into conversations with complete strangers about a teams production or lack of production. LOL.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol alison. our little ones aren't even allowed to wear yellow or green because it's dh's "rival team" colors. seriously?! lol
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #19
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

LOL I'm just the opposite- with 2 girls I love all the girly stuff! Not necesarrily all pink and purple though. Now that we are having a boy, I'm all blech! about the boy clothes! I don't like the normal boy stuff either. But we have lots of free clothes so I am going to use them. We are huge KC Chiefs, Royals, and KU Jayhawks fans. Of course my mom and stepdad are KSU fans so there's some purple mixed in but this kid already has tons of game gear!!! But so do my girls. hehe. Heck the baby has a KU mobile!

Alison- Well my job is to talk to strangers so I'm used to it!

Jill glad you called. Now try and relax and hopefully there's nothing going on.

Melissa- congrats btw on a girl!

So Lauren is doing great today! still dry so far. I've got chili on the stove and can feel the heartburn already. GAh! The little one is gone already, he was so sweet!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post
lol alison. our little ones aren't even allowed to wear yellow or green because it's dh's "rival team" colors. seriously?! lol
Too funny!

Although now when people make comments on there Yankee hats we just tell people we are brainwashing them.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote