Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: tips for soon to be mommies from BTDT mommies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
And don't forget - map out the bathrooms in any pubic place you are planning to visit, you don't want to spend time looking for them when the need arises.
Oh yes, definitely want to map out any PUBIC place you plan on visiting.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post

I'm totally not even going to change it, lol.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie View Post
OMG seriously!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #14
Mamas4lilgifts
Registered Users

My Mood:

BUY ear plugs after you get up to go potty for the 10th time in a night you will never get back to sleep having to listen to hubby snore....
Mamas4lilgifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
jessreichenbach
**DO NOT B/S/T WITH THIS USER***

My Mood:

Have Witty come backs ready to fire back at all the verry innapropriate questions and comments you will here, also ladies share some here!!!
here are some things you are sure to hear
""wow you've got you're hands full"
"so is this your last one?"
"who's getting fixed after this one?" (yes i've heard that! for some reason have 4 kids is strange lol!)
"are you sure its not twins"
"wow you're getting so big!"
"can i touch your belly?"
"you're having ANOTHER baby?!" ( my reply to this is "yes i'm pregnant again, and yes we know what causes it! thanks for your concern!")
Trainers
Diaper making Business liquidation
jessreichenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I so love this Thread!

I really don't know what to add to this. You gals have covered so many aspects.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post

I'm totally not even going to change it, lol.
AWESOME. No smiley can describe the chuckle this gave me this morning ...
Havah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the only thing I'd have to add is what I'm always trying to impress on my friends who are expecting their first:

"Yes, I know you can't wait to meet your little one. Yes, I truly remember how tired we are of being pregnant by month 8. However, listen to all your moms, grandmas, and aunts when they say, 'Enjoy your last moments of sleep!' Because they ain't exaggerating! I know it feels like you're not getting any sleep, but believe me ... about 3 days after this one comes into this world (if not sooner), 'no sleep' will take on whole new meaning for you!"

Another thing is would be "PLEASE do not buy into this idea that every good mother can get her baby on a perfect eating/sleeping schedule by 3 months. That is a lie from the pit of H-e-double-toothpicks sent to torment us!!" (Disclaimer - I truly respect and even envy those mothers who manage such a feat, but let's face it: such cases are few and far between.) I've had so many 1st timers come to me in legit tears over feelings of failure when their babies weren't sleeping through the night at 6-8 weeks ... I try to be sympathetic, but part of me is wondering, "who fed you that load of crud? I decided a long time ago that I'll sleep when I'm dead!" Unfortunately the humor is lost on them at that point ... :sigh:
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havah View Post
I think the only thing I'd have to add is what I'm always trying to impress on my friends who are expecting their first:

"Yes, I know you can't wait to meet your little one. Yes, I truly remember how tired we are of being pregnant by month 8. However, listen to all your moms, grandmas, and aunts when they say, 'Enjoy your last moments of sleep!' Because they ain't exaggerating! I know it feels like you're not getting any sleep, but believe me ... about 3 days after this one comes into this world (if not sooner), 'no sleep' will take on whole new meaning for you!"

Another thing is would be "PLEASE do not buy into this idea that every good mother can get her baby on a perfect eating/sleeping schedule by 3 months. That is a lie from the pit of H-e-double-toothpicks sent to torment us!!" (Disclaimer - I truly respect and even envy those mothers who manage such a feat, but let's face it: such cases are few and far between.) I've had so many 1st timers come to me in legit tears over feelings of failure when their babies weren't sleeping through the night at 6-8 weeks ... I try to be sympathetic, but part of me is wondering, "who fed you that load of crud? I decided a long time ago that I'll sleep when I'm dead!" Unfortunately the humor is lost on them at that point ... :sigh:
OK, where were YOU when I was pregnant with DS???
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #20
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That gave me a good laugh last night.

Here is my personal advice.

My first 2 were not breastfed, slept in cribs etc. I wanted them on a schedule, I wanted life easier for ME. My 3rd was mostly breastfed, but also supplemented, but we co-slept. With my 4th I breastfed exclusively and co-slept from the start. I offered the breast whenever he wanted it and never supplemented. He quit nursing barely over 2 years old.
All those years I was wanting more sleep, more ME time etc. I discovered that wanting those things made life more stressful for me and baby. When I just listened to my instincts (with the last one) and didn't worry about how much sleep I was getting, or when he would sleep through the night, or if he was getting enough "outside food" etc. I was happier, I got more sleep, and the bond I had with my baby is indescribable. It was definitely stronger than what I had with my others.
It's instinctive mothering, and it WORKS. Listen to YOUR baby, listen to your body, not other people or even your ped. People will always tell you that you need to stop nursing or supplement, you need to let him sleep in a crib (you'll spoil him and he'll sleep with you til he's 10 you know), you need to let him cry it out. You do what feels right to YOU. I can't stress that enough now. It is so important.