Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PP momma cloth in hospital

Im having my third in dec and i absoutuly hate the sposie pads they give you in the hospital. Have you mommas found any trouble with hospitals having a fit about momma cloth. I usually go home the next morning so im not there a long time but im worried they will have a cow about me using em. I was thinking of getting some with ice packs aince my last hospital didnt offer anything bt meds n got pissy when i wouldnt take em. Figured i could put em in a little lunch box with ice to keep em cold tell i deliver i go super quick so i figure they may sitll be froze by the time baby comes. If not they would at least be cold.

Advertisement

follow my blog: http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: PP momma cloth in hospital

When I lost my son in Feb, I had hubby bring my MC to the hospital, it was so much more comfy than the plastic ones. The nurses didn't say anything- actually a couple thought it was pretty cool, and asked more about them. Just bring a big enough wetbag.

I sell a mama cloth Postpartum icepack pad- link is in my siggy if you want to see what they look like. The hospital should have a freezer that is accessible to you/family- just make sure you label everything really well- I would keep the ice packs in a small soft sided cooler thing with a zipper (or another zippered wetbag) and if your name is on it (well marked!) maybe you could stash them there- then you know they will be frozen. I think some hospitals have small fridge/freezers in the rooms too- you could ask?

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I work on a mother/baby unit, and while I haven't ever had someone bring in mc, I don't see why it would be a problem. Honestly, when I get a mom up for the first time I show them peri care (how to use the spray bottle, ice packs, any creams, ect), and then it is up to them what they want to use. So if it seems to be a problem, let the nurse do her thing, and then change it once she leaves.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMommy View Post
When I lost my son in Feb, I had hubby bring my MC to the hospital, it was so much more comfy than the plastic ones. The nurses didn't say anything- actually a couple thought it was pretty cool, and asked more about them. Just bring a big enough wetbag.

I sell a mama cloth Postpartum icepack pad- link is in my siggy if you want to see what they look like. The hospital should have a freezer that is accessible to you/family- just make sure you label everything really well- I would keep the ice packs in a small soft sided cooler thing with a zipper (or another zippered wetbag) and if your name is on it (well marked!) maybe you could stash them there- then you know they will be frozen. I think some hospitals have small fridge/freezers in the rooms too- you could ask?

How funny i was just looking at your shop i was wondering are the little cubes that make up ur ice packs stay soft or hard.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you ever gotten even one little irritant from them? if so tell them when you check in that normal pads give you rashes.

They actually do give me rashes, so I'd bring them to the hospital.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Have you ever gotten even one little irritant from them? if so tell them when you check in that normal pads give you rashes.

They actually do give me rashes, so I'd bring them to the hospital.
Yup the sposies often give me trouble thats why i us mc at home so much now
. I think i always get the nurses that are having really bad days lol dh says its because they are jellous that i have quick babys and im dressed an hour later asking when i can leave lol

Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_marines_wife03 View Post
Yup the sposies often give me trouble thats why i us mc at home so much now
. I think i always get the nurses that are having really bad days lol dh says its because they are jellous that i have quick babys and im dressed an hour later asking when i can leave lol
you're "allergic" to them then! They'll write it on an orange bracelet and leave you alone Use the word "allergic" and it's all smoothed over
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_marines_wife03 View Post
How funny i was just looking at your shop i was wondering are the little cubes that make up ur ice packs stay soft or hard.
The individual cubes do get hard, but the overall icepack is flexible, if that makes sense. I tested out several different types of ice pack during the testing phase, and these worked out the best! Stayed cold the longest- much longer than a flexible gel pack type, and they got colder- so you can feel it fine through the pad (the absorbant part of the pad is on top the icepack)

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
you're "allergic" to them then! They'll write it on an orange bracelet and leave you alone Use the word "allergic" and it's all smoothed over

never thought of that ill remember it if they give me any trouble

Old 05-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMommy View Post
The individual cubes do get hard, but the overall icepack is flexible, if that makes sense. I tested out several different types of ice pack during the testing phase, and these worked out the best! Stayed cold the longest- much longer than a flexible gel pack type, and they got colder- so you can feel it fine through the pad (the absorbant part of the pad is on top the icepack)
Yup that makes since but stupid question there not uncomfortable to sit on cues that frozen diaper they gave me once was so hard an kinda lumpy that it hurt when i had to sit on it to nurse my daughter. Im just courious before i order lol im in love with one of your prints