Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
blessedwithbabies
Registered Users
seller

Would you give $52 to free a slave in Sudan?

I feel silly writing this as I have never done anything like this before, but it is on my heart and so I am obeying

For years my DH and I have followed and been a part of a missions outreach to free Christian slaves in Sudan. Christians in the African nation of Sudan suffer severe persecution as they have been targeted as the enemy in a civil war. You cannot even imagine some of the horrors these Christian slaves endure, most of them children. My heart has been so heavy for this ministry. I'm not sure if you've followed the recent news of this country voting to split the muslim North and Christian South? For the Christian slaves still held in the muslim North by muslim slave-drivers this is very very sad news. The split will take place July 9th, giving only 60 days to provide freedom for these children of God. After the separation of North and South Sudan the borders could close and rescuing these slaves will become at best difficult and at worst impossible! I think of these people everyday, all day as I go about my life here in America. My worst day doesn't even compare to a minute in their life.

I wish with all my heart I could come up with the money to free the estimated 35,000 Sudanese still in bondage. I can't do it alone though and after praying I thought, why not mention it to other praying mamas' The Lord may put it on your heart to pray or give...
This link:
http://www.rodparsley.com/boh/bohm_sudan.aspx
will give you more information.

With every penny I spend I always ask myself, is what I'm spending my money on more important then the freedom it could buy a human life? And then I ask myself, what if it was me needing the freedom? What if it was me being beaten and mutilated and raped. Or if I was forced to watch my own children or parents endure these horrific acts. I praise God for the opportunity to end the suffering of even one precious child of God.

I know there are a lot of good organizations out there asking for money and to some people it gets annoying. Please know I in no way mean to be annoying I just can't help but do anything and everything within my means for these people....they are just so heavy on my heart.

I know this is a good organization and can be trusted. If you feel led to give, you can give online at www.RodParsley.com/2011 Liberation or you can call 1-866-241-4292.

Would you please let me know if the Lord puts it on your heart to give...it would greatly encourage me in my prayers

Thank you mamas' for your time!

Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.

Advertisement

blessedwithbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I've looked into this type of thing before and honestly I don't trust it. Most of them aren't actually freeing slaves and a Sudanese rebel isn't going to give up a slave in this situation for some amount of money.

If the persecuted church is on your heart I would suggest checking out Voice of the Martyrs.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Would you give $52 to free a slave in Sudan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie'sMama View Post
I've looked into this type of thing before and honestly I don't trust it. Most of them aren't actually freeing slaves and a Sudanese rebel isn't going to give up a slave in this situation for some amount of money.

If the persecuted church is on your heart I would suggest checking out Voice of the Martyrs.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote