Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
carolyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Body image after baby

Anyone else struggling with body image in these weeks post-pregnancy...or is it just me?

It's taking soooo much longer to feel like I'm getting back to my normal self this time around--and it's definitely taking longer for the weight to go away this time, too. Of course, I started this pregnancy never having totally lost all the baby weight from my first pregnancy...I know I just created/birthed a human being, so I should cut myself some slack, but I'm bummed about it anyway. I just feel lumpy and unattractive. It doesn't help that tank top/shorts season is upon us and I would rather be in sweatpants and one of DH's t-shirts...!

I hate being in this too-small-for-maternity-clothes/too-big-for-pre-pregnancy-clothes limbo land, and I just wanted to whine about it!!

Advertisement

~Expecting #3 in January 2014
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
CraziBabeez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Body image after baby

I totally agree!!! I had DS 2 months ago. I lost most of the weight, but I am still saggy and baggy in places I have nightmares about... All my cute clothes from the juniors' rack look inappropriate, and the preggo clothes look from frumpy and careless. I want to cry! The stretch marks do not help my self image AT ALL. How come DH can look the same, or better, but not me?!?!
CraziBabeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, it stinks. None of my clothes really fit--all too baggy or too tight in the wrong places. Ugh, and my fluffy tummy! Will the fluff there ever go away!?
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah, me too. I also started my second pregnancy a lot heavier than I prefer to be. I am really trying to make time for exercise and make wise food choices. I hope to get back to something close to my old self in the next few months.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

For the most part I am "back to normal" but my boobs are so huge and saggy. Few of my pre-preggo clothes fit, even my pre-preggo panties are too small. Did my butt get bigger? I think I recall this from last time, wondering why, if I had lost most of the weight why are my hips still wide? Sigh... I am not looking forward to swimming pools this summer. Hopefully I can avoid donning one at all this summer. I don't want to buy a new one and I doubt I will look hot in my too small bikini with huge, saggy boobies and my boody hanging out.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
lilmissg2
Registered Users
seller

I know how you feel

Maternity clothes too big pre pregnancy clothes don't fit quite right... and who wants to put on shorts and swimwear right now? And all the flowy summer dresses that I have and love to wear just don't work with nursing and I never seem to find cute nursing clothes nor do I really want to spend a lot money on them.
lilmissg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissg2 View Post
I know how you feel

Maternity clothes too big pre pregnancy clothes don't fit quite right... and who wants to put on shorts and swimwear right now? And all the flowy summer dresses that I have and love to wear just don't work with nursing and I never seem to find cute nursing clothes nor do I really want to spend a lot money on them.
I know... I have been looking at how to make nursing tops/dresses because most of the ones I see look awful and they are so expensive!
Target has a really cute dress that I think could easily become a nursing dress. It has a double layer at the breast area... I have been meaning to try it on to see how it looks because it may be too low cut for this HUGE girls.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
charisma3458
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same here. I still can not even get my thighs into pre-pregnancy jeans. I even tried a pair of jeans I have that are two sizes up from my pre-preggo jeans and I can not get them up past my thighs. I'm stuck wearing maternity jeans but they are too big so I'm constantly having to pull them up when I walk. I've got the frumpy lumpy post-baby belly going on so I just wear DH's plain Hanes t-shirts. I've got 22 lbs to loose before I'm at what I weighed before this pregnancy (115 lbs).
/ /
charisma3458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #9
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

I struggle with it too. I've lost about 25 of the 40 lbs. I gained, and am continuing to lose weight slowly and steadily, but this flabby belly annoys me! My butt and thighs are definitely bigger, too. But one thing that helped was getting a few new things to wear for this transitional time -- I went to Ross and picked up an empire-waisted, peasant-style short dress that I pair with leggings, and it hides the extra fluff and is fairly (I think) flattering. I also went ahead and bought a bigger size of pants. I really will feel better once my pre-pregnancy clothes fit properly again, though. I am making a conscious effort to eat well and get moderate exercise in now, though, and I know that I'll see results from that.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
lilmissg2
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaner View Post
I know... I have been looking at how to make nursing tops/dresses because most of the ones I see look awful and they are so expensive!
Target has a really cute dress that I think could easily become a nursing dress. It has a double layer at the breast area... I have been meaning to try it on to see how it looks because it may be too low cut for this HUGE girls.
That dress is cute - I bet the chest would be too small for me tho I did order a couple pairs of capris from Old Navy (on sale right now) to 'bridge' my wordrobe - hopefully they work.
lilmissg2 is offline   Reply With Quote