Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Happy Mother's Day! May 8 & 9 Chat

Happy Mother's Day!

Advertisement

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Mother's Day! May 8 & 9 Chat

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far, not so happy for me.

I was up 1/2 the night, have a migraine, and my MS is acting up today.

DH went to church so I'm home alone with Luke.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy mother's day!!

Feel better Steph!

Luke went to Menards and the kids are at Grampa's so I think I'm going to stay home from church and enjoy the last few hours of peace. Not sure if we're doing anything later- no money to go out to eat but I know Lana has a few things for me so I'm excited for that.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

aww, sorry Steph- hope you can rest.

Hubby is coming home from his trip today around noon!

We still need to do alot around the house to list it tomorrow!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Mother's day everyone .

We are headed to church soon and then my sister's for dinner. Dh is on call, so I am flying solo today but he gave me the best gift ever yesterday. He kept the boys all day all alone while I went shopping for baby girl clothes and out to lunch with my mom . May not seem like much, but it meant the world to me!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, although I FEEL like crap, my day is slowly getting better.

The kid (in utero) is doing somersaults and KILLING me...I'm convinced his acrobatics is what has my stomach all in knots today.

DH brought home the latest Reba CD for me & a $50 GC to B&N! I already bought myself the book I have been holding off on buying & I can't listen to the CD until we get in the car....so yep, that was nice.

He also said he's going to try to get the dishwasher hooked up for me! Woohoo! I will be THROUGH THE ROOF happy if he does that! Then I can do this and maybe even hand wash the shorties Luke got filthy the other day.

(Washing wool in the bath tub is the only alternative right now & its a waste to do only 1 pair.)

Old 05-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

We planted some new plants this morning, and now I'm sitting watching dh paint baby boy's room. So nice going from light pink to a latte color!
I have an ob appt tomorrow afternoon with one of the other obs in the practice. I know I'm going to get scolded for not calling about my contractions, and that they are going to want to start seeing me at least twice a month, most likely 1-2 times a week. Sucks, because it's over an hour away!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my mother's day morning was a total bust. I literally had to leave church with the kids before church even started. I've never had to do that before, but they were both little freak-a-zoids. First, they did not want to go to sunday school, which they both usually like. They are in a class together with one other little 3 year old girl. It is, almost literally, the one time a week I get some adult conversation...I either go listen to the adult sunday school class (taught by hubby, he does so good) or find the pastor's wife and chat. We are so similar with crafting and decorating and love for other cultures that it is always a lot of fun. They kids were whining and crying before we even got to their classroom (the "coffee house" was open andhad some cookies out and they were freaking out cuz I said they had to wait til later). I had to leave them in there a little more upset than i like too, but I was on the verge of a breakdown myself, and desperate for some space, so I went for a walk around the block after dropping them off and before going into sunday school...when I got back, just a couple minutes later, they were happy and playing nicely, like I was sure they would be.
Then, before church they were fussing for cookies again. I gave them each one, but of course they wanted more. We were able to distract them a little bit, but then the person in the seat behind me came in with a cup of water, and they both started hollering for water just as service was starting. I usually like them to be in there for the singing portion, but that was not going to happen and since I was the one scheduled for nursery anyway, i decided to take them home where I could at least be comfortable with their noise level and not worry about further disturbing the service. so frustrating.

we went out for lunch, which was ncie cuz it meant no cooking or cleaning up. Then home for a nice long nap. of course Wayne has to work til 10 tonight, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow. he has off (for a dental appointment, unfortunately) but we are planning on hanging out for the day and just enjoying smoe family time.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

(cross posting this from the Mother's Day thread, so sorry if some of it seems like things ya'll already know about me!)

Well, DH redeemed himself after churching coming home with:

a-the new Reba CD I've been wanting but not willing to spend the $$ on

b-a $50 GC to B&N so I could buy books for my iPad

c-a 6 pack of Reese's Big Cups, which are my latest pregnancy craving but are always one of MY FAVORITE indulgences! (and I'm on doctor's orders to gain weight, so its ok if I eat them all!)

THEN, he fed Luke lunch, while I vegged on the computer.

After I got Luke down for a nap, he got my dishwasher hooked up. We've been remodeling the kitchen since Jan. and have had no dishwasher since Feb.1.....we've been living on paper and plastic () but had to use regular "baby" dishes, sippy cups, spoons, suction cup bowls, etc....and I HATE washing those things in the bathtub!

I am SO excited to eat off a REAL plate w/ REAL silverware! I can't wait to COOK instead of eating out!

THEN, we snuggled on the couch & watched 30 minutes of Eat, Pray, Love while Luke finished his nap.

After that, we went to the in-laws, and well, it wasn't awful...but that's about the best I can say! Ha ha! We drove around the neighborhood for an extra 10 minutes so Luke would fall asleep in the car & now its bedtime!