Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #11
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Mother's Day! May 8 & 9 Chat

Yay for a good day, Steph! OMG, I so wish I could eat all those Reeses. Those are my weakness. I ate the last Reeses Egg last night. Ok, it was the only one and I made it last this long. LOL!
We had a boring day here. DD and I took a 3hr nap. So nice. Now, I am making homemade pizza, which is so easy in the breadmaker and thinking about cutting out some newborn fleece longies.
I also think I am getting a cold with a yucky cough. Not cool with a 2lb child sitting on my bladder!

Happy Mothers Day to everyone!

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #12
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Glad everyone's day was good.

Naomi- lots of hugs. I know my kids were less than angelic yesterday too.

Ugh- I've been awake since 2:30 (now almost 4:30).Heartburn and overheating in bed. Normally if I wake up to pee, I can fall back to sleep ok, but I am wide awake~~Guess I'll be taking a nap with the kids today. It's storming right now so maybe that will lul me to sleep.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #13
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've officially reached the point where there is no comfortable position to sleep in.

I've been spending at least 30 minutes in the middle of the night wide awake.

AND my dear child has been needing/wanting to co-sleep and nurse (when he didn't for like 4 days in a row) and he ENJOYS kicking me in the head!

I'm EXHAUSTED.

BUT--I took CLEAN dishes out of the dishwasher this morning! Woohoo! I ate my cereal from a GLASS bowl with a REAL spoon! Woohoo!

I am going to go to the hardware store today & buy some MDF (medium-density-fiberboard) to use as "counter top" so I can cook tonight!

I am so excited!

I also need a new knob for the stove (Dh broke it) and new burners.

We also have a trip to the PO & the grocery store in the agenda...which means 99% sure Luke's nap will be in the car & I won't get to take one today. YUCK.

But--such is the life of a mom, right?

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #14
beccanae
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had a very busy weekend. Friday the fuel pump went out in the car at Wal-mart. It is in the shop but they have yet to start working on it. Friday afternoon I left with my parents to go two hours away for my baby sister's college graduation.

Saturday morning the baby decided to wake me up at 5 am and not let me go back to sleep. I was on my feet for most of the day outside in the heat for the graduation but didn't have very much swelling I was very happy about that. I was planning on staying through Sunday but hubby and dd called needing me so I drove my dad and I back home in my parents car. And about 8 pm I crashed for the night.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. Dd forgot it was Mother's Day. lol Hubby knew I was still very tired from the trip so he went and got breakfast for me and made hot dogs for lunch. Dd put a lasagna in the oven for supper. And hubby washed the supper dishes I also took two 45 minute naps.

This morning I had to get up at 5 am and drive DH to work with my parent's car since ours is still in the shop. Today I have to catch up the dishes they dirtied while I was gone and did not wash. I also have to catch the laundry back up. Then if I can find the energy I need to clean the bathroom and finish taping the trim off in the living room. Another thing hubby was supposed to do while I was gone but didn't I have to go pick up DH at from work and hope the car is fixed. Otherwise he has no way home from work tomorrow. Then I have to cook supper for my dad because my mom is out of town with my sisters.

Tomorrow I have to drive my dad to his doctor's appointment at the VA which is a little over an hour away one way.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a pretty good day yesterday Got up to presents and cards, then took a shower and headed to the Children's Museum. We had a blast there, the kids where sooo good. Not a single fit when it was time to move on to a new activity or time to leave, very unusual for them LoL From there we went straight out to DH's Grandma's. It actually wasn't too bad, especially since the kids behaved themselves there too! We didn't make it back home until after bedtime, so I was a little disapointed that we didn't get anything done around the house while DH was actually home.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #16
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Is anyone sleeping on their backs still? I don't go to bed like that but tend to wake and find myself on my back.

Becky- sorry for the car trubles. Hope you get your car back soon!

Steph- Yay for dishwasher!!! I'm not going to have one in the new place we are going. There's not even room for a portable one... Hope you feel better soon.

Going to be 91 degrees today. love it! Other than the obvious swelling I'm sure to endure later. lol
Old 05-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jacky I got the nasty cold and cough too. I'm going to try and sleep on the couch now.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #18
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's weekend was pleasant. Sorry to hear about the sickies, and yay for working appliances!!!

Weekend here consisted of gutting the front yard and planters, which we finished 75% of yesterday. Only the other side of the driveway to do next week. I am so sore from all the work, the people at Lowes kept laughing when I went back four times in one day. Oh well!! Mothers Day was low-key. We finished early in the yard and set up the blow up pool in the back for the kids. I went out in a bikini top and got FRIED. Literally, my boobs, my whole belly and chest are tomato red. It hurts so bad.... I dont usually burn but the first sun exposure gets me pretty good.

Had my OB appt this morning, that went fine other than I had drank my usual Carnation Instant Breakfast this morning and was supposed to take my glucose test...oops! Ill do that in two weeks I guess. Baby measured spot on at 26cm and HR was 160 so I was happy. I did gain 5 pounds but she isnt concerned as that only puts me at 7 total at 26 weeks. She said baby could have done a lot of growing, fluid levels can increase to cause it. I didnt mention that I been eating everything in sight for the last four weeks.... I will watch my intake more carefully this month. I go back on June 2 for the glucose test, my u/s (finally!) and reg Dr appt. Will be 29 weeks then! WOW!

Anyone have big plans this week, Dr appts?

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #19
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

mommabrit-can you not eat or drink anything before the test? My dr's told me too? Is that wrong?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was told I could eat a protein meal 30 minutes before the test, but I needed to not eat for 2 hours before that. I have yet to hear about the results of mine and I took it last Tuesday. Maybe no news is good news...? I hope.