Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #21
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Mother's Day! May 8 & 9 Chat

I have my glucose test weds. YUck. Well we list the house tonite, so I am busy vaccuming and mopping and other odd jobs..yikes and my hip is KILLING me. need to go back to the chiro I guess? any one elses hip feel like it is out of socket?!?!?!

Advertisement

Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

wow they told me to eat bc I would be drinking the yummy (sarcasim) drink and then have my appointment and and hour later they draw the blood. They told me they did not want a pregnant woman passing out so I should eat. Maybe I should call just to double check?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mw just does a random prick and then if it looks suspicious, she'll have me do the glucolca. So I figure I should just eat normally, since I don't want to skew the results any. She just doesn't feel it necessary, especially for women that have ZERO risk factors for GD.

Yesterday was lovely, we went to church which was busy but good and then to my sisters for dinner. It was nice and relaxing. But ds2 woke up yesterday with a running nose, never a good thing for him... the REAL truth about your kid ever getting RSV is that the results linger forever!!!

He was hospitalized for RSV at 8 months old, EVERY cold he gets now turns into wheezing, horrible breathing colds, and he's way more susceptible to them , he should grow out of it around 4ish, but that's a lot of colds to deal with in the mean time. He's just so tired, it takes so much energy to just breath .

Luckily, we have a nebulizer, which helps and the worst of it is usually over in a couple of days, but it's hard because he doesn't sleep well (came into bed with us and the coughing kept me up forever, and he just wants to be RIGHT next to me, so I was SO hot). Poor little guy
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #24
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa--Poor little guy! I hope this one does not turn out as bad as they usually do.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
my mw just does a random prick and then if it looks suspicious, she'll have me do the glucolca. So I figure I should just eat normally, since I don't want to skew the results any. She just doesn't feel it necessary, especially for women that have ZERO risk factors for GD.

Yesterday was lovely, we went to church which was busy but good and then to my sisters for dinner. It was nice and relaxing. But ds2 woke up yesterday with a running nose, never a good thing for him... the REAL truth about your kid ever getting RSV is that the results linger forever!!!

He was hospitalized for RSV at 8 months old, EVERY cold he gets now turns into wheezing, horrible breathing colds, and he's way more susceptible to them , he should grow out of it around 4ish, but that's a lot of colds to deal with in the mean time. He's just so tired, it takes so much energy to just breath .

Luckily, we have a nebulizer, which helps and the worst of it is usually over in a couple of days, but it's hard because he doesn't sleep well (came into bed with us and the coughing kept me up forever, and he just wants to be RIGHT next to me, so I was SO hot). Poor little guy
Yeah, I have pretty much every risk factor for GD. Overweight, over age 30, family history, etc. The glucola does not make me feel any different. At.all. So weird. They also tested my thyroid because I have to every 3mths, which is at 30wks for me, but I have been having some symptoms that concern my dr.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
jillybeans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

big hugs melissa. My middle dd got diagnosed with asthma last summer and it's terrible! I hope he feels better soon, poor little dude!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #27
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW---grocery prices must have gone up a lot in the last 4 months!!

I bought dinner stuff for 3 days (with enough for leftovers of 2 of those meals) and lunch stuff for a week & my grocery total was close to $150!

I got the refrigerator cleaned out--no more take-out boxes!

Next up, the pantry...which I am dreading! It is all dusty from when DH was doing the dry-wall, 99% of the food in there is going to need tossed out & everything needs cleaned. Then I can finish putting away the food!

I didn't make it to the hardware store or the Post Office. Oops.

DH will have to go to the hardware store by himself. I'll do the PO tomorrow.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #28
merrysmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck to everyone doing the GTT this week!

I was in the shower last Monday when my phone beeped to remind me I had a doctor appointment in 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I live twelve minutes from the doctor's office, and my two year old DD was in pajamas still. One mad dash later, I dropped DD at a friend's, and arrived at the doctor's office only five minutes late, albeit with sopping wet hair and wearing the same capris and t-shirt I'd worn the day before.

Then, my uterus measured 28 weeks- I was 25 weeks exactly. I was already taking the GTT, but I was really nervous for the hour I had to wait. My babies are all between 9 1/2 and 10 1/2 pounds, so if we added diabetes to the mix, my doctor was concerned that I could have a 13 or 14 pounder! Luckily, my blood sugar was fine, so big sigh of relief there! Turns out I just make big babies all by myself, with no help from any diseases- LOL!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #29
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are big babies Melissa, mine are majorly pint sized - 6lb 11oz and 6lb 8oz, I don't plan on much bigger than 7.5 lbs EVER!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #30
merrysmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we grow 'em big! Lots of people assume I had GD when they see my newborns. Kind of funny! My second weighed only 7 lbs. 14 oz. - it was kind of awesome, because I only had to push once!

My son was the biggest at 10 lbs. 9 oz. and measuring 24" long. I've never heard so many comments about "future linebacker" since!

I'm always kind of envious of those who get tiny babies, though- mine seem to get big way faster, too.