Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
jessie327
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

I will get it started.
Introductions?

My name is Jessie and I am a 40 year old mama of 3 girls. My avatar is old and I should change it some day. It took me almost a year to get pg with my 1st but got pg with #2 while still nursing and no af so it was a very nice surprise. #3 took longer because I started having cp's and early mc's. I never knew better so that could have been happening while ttc #1 as well. Last Nov. I m/c'd at 13 weeks and took a break. This Feb. I believe I had an early m/c (1.5 weeks late) but never tested which was totally dumb on my part but I was trying to be relaxed. This pg I am taking prometrium again and just hoping that our little bean sticks. I am trying not to worry about things but it is hard since my mind drifts back to the m/c I had. I have my first appointment next week Tuesday and I am praying to see a little *thump thump* on the screen.

Advertisement

la de da
jessie327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat 5/2-5/8

Hi! My name is Shannon, I just turned 24. This is our 2nd baby, our daughter is 18 months. I suffered infertility before her and it took us over a year to get pregnant with her. I was very nervous about it taking that long this time so when I got 2 lines on my pregnancy test on the first cycle I was SUPER shocked. I could not believe it. I have to give credit to God though because I have prayed day and night that I would get pregnant right away with this baby and not have to deal with the stress and ups and downs of Infertility.
My daughter was a homebirth with a midwife that went ok, I had some tearing and had to be transported to the ER to get stitches after the birth. This time if we have another home birth I am using a different midwife. We both felt the midwife with our first could have handled the trauma situation a bit better.
Im going to call my OB/GYN dr as soon as they open today and see if I can go get blood work done today and possibly get a dating ultrasound around 6/7 weeks.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
doxiegal
Registered Users

:wave2: Hi! I'm Danielle. I'm 26 and this is my 3rd baby. DS is 3 1/2 and DD is 2. I'm due Jan. 3rd. I got my bfp about a week and a half a go and don't get to see my midwife for another 2 1/2 weeks. It feels like an eternity.

My blog: Mama Dani's Musings
~*~ My Etsy shop: Made By Mama Dani
doxiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! My name is Kate. I'll be 27 tomorrow, and this is our 3rd. DS1 was a surprise, and DH knew before I knew that I was pg. DS2 was conceived not long after DH and I agreed to start trying for more (but we were going to wait a few months), and this bean is due 2.5 weeks after I am officially done with school! I am a FT graduate student working for ed certification through two different universities, and I *finally* student teach in the fall (it's been pushed back twice now for situations dealing with my degree requirements).

I haven't made an OB appointment yet. I finally found someone that I'd like to go to, I just have to make that call and set up an appointment.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
MamaRachel
Registered Users
Formerly: *lsilver*
seller

My Mood:

I'm Rachel, I'm 25 and this is my 3rd DS1 is 6 and DS2 will be 4 in 2 weeks. We started TTC about 9 months ago, had an early miscarriage, and are so so happy about this baby!
I'm still trying to decide who to birth with and where- I really want to go with a midwife either @ home or @ a birth center, but our insurance limits our options and there is only 1 birth center in the area (an hr+ away) currently, though one opens in June about 20 mins away. I need to get it all figured out soon I guess!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
jessie327
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Question of the day: What is the weather like in your neck of the woods?

I ask because my brother had snow in the UP but here in NC it is mild and wonderful. Nice breeze today.

AFM- I feel like I am going crazy I have had these cramps lately so I went out and bought hpt's (2 digi and 2 cheapie) to get me through until my appointment. My husband would think I was insane but I am trying not to worry and if I take a test here and there I know I won't as bad. Digi came back pg lol So far so good. If any of you have had m/c's in your past how do you get through until your first appointment?

la de da
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have no idea how to deal with the fear... I feel it too... But- if it's meant to happen you cant do anything about it...I read somwhere that most MC happen before 8 weeks so we have another 3 weeks to go. And once you hear a heartbeat at 8 weeks the chance of MC is less than 5%.
lets stay positive!
I am taking a test here and there :-) it is hard to believe that in my circumstances i got preggers so it is still a fragile topic and i am not telling anyone- including hubby. I dont want to freak him out because he just is a freak when it comes to pregnancy...

Last edited by vittoriosmom; 05-03-2011 at 09:29 AM.
vittoriosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weather is sunny and near 80* right now, but rain is on the way with a Flash Flood Warning. We've had so much rain in the last two months it's ridiculous!

I had my blood work done yesterday, and I should get the results back sometime today. It was hard not to tell Z why I had to get blood taken... he asked too, and I said we would talk about it when I got the results back.

I don't know about MC or CP for me personally because I've never caught one. I only POAS when I get the "feeling" I'm pregnant, or the "freak out" stage cause AF is beyond late. After I get a BFP, I use at least two sticks a day. DH asked me this last week if I bought stock in FRER, cause if I didn't, he was going to. I do go insane thinking of the "what if's" until the first appointment. It's a LONG time IMO, especially at such a fragile stage of development.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Forgot to mention the weather... well I live in the desert so it is in the 90s. Soon it will be 120s (gosh, how am I going to take it??????????????)
Old 05-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
jessie327
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoriosmom View Post
I have no idea how to deal with the fear... I feel it too... But- if it's meant to happen you cant do anything about it...I read somwhere that most MC happen before 8 weeks so we have another 3 weeks to go. And once you hear a heartbeat at 8 weeks the chance of MC is less than 5%.
lets stay positive!
I am taking a test here and there :-) it is hard to believe that in my circumstances i got preggers so it is still a fragile topic and i am not telling anyone- including hubby. I dont want to freak him out because he just is a freak when it comes to pregnancy...
I know if it is meant to happen it will. Lucky me I am in the 5% though and this is my first confirmed pregnancy since my m/c in November. When do you think you will tell your husband?

la de da