Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Basically, I am looking for good books that will speak to my heart about the joys and difficulties of adoption. DH and I are currently TTC #2 and have always been open to adoption. I have actually wanted to adopt a child almost as long as I can remember wanting to have my own bio baby. Recently adoption has been much on my mind and in my heart. I am drawn to international adoption (my family is Ukrainian and my mother is actually going there for her first visit in June), maybe special needs adoption. We are just starting TTC #2 and conceived DS via IVF. SO, we are not actively planning to move forward with adopting a child right now, but dh and I discussed the idea over the weekend and have agreed to open our hearts and to stay willing and open-minded to allow God to show us His will for us in this area. So, I would appreciate any books that tell the stories of families that have walked down the road of adoption. Books about children with known behavioral/emotional difficulties, minor physical limitations, and/or HIV+ are what I am looking for. These are all things that dh and I feel that we would consider.

Advertisement

Last edited by mamastesh; 05-08-2011 at 11:23 PM.
mamastesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Book Recommendations please

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

This is what I consider a must read. It is hard, but it's written by a mom that has BTDT. It's not a book about with all of the answers, it's more of a book that says look at all of the things kids face in adoption. The book is very eye-opening. Some of the reviews say it's really negative and looks at worst case scenario, but really, you need to be aware and prepared for worst case scenario with international and/or special needs adoptions.

Good luck!