Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #521
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMelanie
I have a question for those of you who have been using these for a while.

My daughter is having issues with cotton flats that we've been using for a while. She's got red bumps all the time no matter what I do.

I bought one natural Megaroo and love it. It's a perfect fit and the nights she wears it her bottom looks perfect in the morning.

So I bought four more Megaroos this week. I bought ones with prints not thinking that the prints might be cotton.

Has anyone in a similar situation using these found they bothered your child like other cotton diapers?

I know I can send them back and exchange them. I would need to pay shipping each way which is understandable as it's my mistake.

But I'm just really disappointed. Both in the not having colors as these prints are just gorgeous. But also because I'm trying to save every little bit of money I can in switching to bamboo and this is the price of one diaper by the time I pay shipping to correct this

So I wanted to see if anyone had any experience in this area.

TIA!
Why not put the diaper on inside out? That way only bamboo touches baby?

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #522
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Megaroos! MODS pretty please *STICKY* this thread

That's a good idea, Melody, though defeats the purpose of prints. However, that would at least solve the shipping issue. I may have to do that. Thank you!
Calming the Storm
TexasMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #523
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The red bumps sound like the wetness may be bothering her. That is what my DS does if a wet dipe has been on a little too long.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #524
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
That's a good idea, Melody, though defeats the purpose of prints. However, that would at least solve the shipping issue. I may have to do that. Thank you!
Also if your can sew maybe you can just cut the fabric off the bottom part touching baby and leave the back on where the label is, that way you get the print and baby is rash free.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #525
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tara - I change her really, really often during the day to try and help but I've wondered if it's a combination of that and the heat (It's been 100+ degrees for 34 days in a row now, was 110 yesterday). I assumed it was from the cotton since the one megaroo I do have can be soaking wet in the a.m. and no red bumps.

Melody - I'm learning to sew. I can sew okay. So you're thinking cut the bottom part and maybe just turn it around and sew it back on? That's a good idea, too. Hmmmm all of this might work and would be better than returning them.

Maybe I'll try these just as they are and see what happens. Maybe the flats just aren't absorbing enough? Also these would be easier for me to pin and let her go around the house without a cover than the flats are (at least for me). Then if she does have issues I"ll try what Melody suggested and cut the bottom off and turn it around so only the bamboo touches her skin.

Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the suggestions!
Calming the Storm
Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #526
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Tara - I change her really, really often during the day to try and help but I've wondered if it's a combination of that and the heat (It's been 100+ degrees for 34 days in a row now, was 110 yesterday). I assumed it was from the cotton since the one megaroo I do have can be soaking wet in the a.m. and no red bumps.

Melody - I'm learning to sew. I can sew okay. So you're thinking cut the bottom part and maybe just turn it around and sew it back on? That's a good idea, too. Hmmmm all of this might work and would be better than returning them.

Maybe I'll try these just as they are and see what happens. Maybe the flats just aren't absorbing enough? Also these would be easier for me to pin and let her go around the house without a cover than the flats are (at least for me). Then if she does have issues I"ll try what Melody suggested and cut the bottom off and turn it around so only the bamboo touches her skin.

No you can then use the fabric square and making matching shirts with blanks tees or send them to her to do that for you and send you back the squats cause they are yours kwim?

You doing it is cheaper, cuter and solves all the problems plus you get a shirt

Last edited by Aidensmommalove; 08-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Aidensmommalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #527
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove View Post
No you can then use the fabric square and making matching shirts with blanks tees or send them to her to do that for you and send you back the squats cause they are yours kwim?

Good idea!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #528
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMelanie View Post

I just saw you are inTX - I wonder if it DOES have something to do with the heat! Hmmm.........
Old 08-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #529
TexasMelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove View Post

Oh I love this idea! I never would have thought about that! Thank you!
Calming the Storm
Old 08-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #530
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got my trainers in So cute!!! I them!!

And DS1 looks like a little boy
Lots of conflicting emotions

I am kicking myself for not having got a custom. I got some other wahm trainers and they just dont compete, plus they cost more

I ordered two more Mars

Meghan you might need to stock a couple more trainers, you know in your "free" time

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/

Last edited by ggill; 08-05-2011 at 09:59 AM.
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote