Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #561
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Megaroos! MODS pretty please *STICKY* this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2LEW View Post
Thanks- I reread the thread and it looks like two mamas said they had no problems and one mama said she did.

Hopefully, someone else out there had used them with a newbie
Hey mama, I did! I didn't have issues either as long as I jelly rolled teh legs. HTH!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #562
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had great success with them. I started using them on my 5.5lb preemie because she was already soaking through her nb diapers. These pics are the infant size. I just folded down the back and snappi'd them. They work great for absorbency and they fit great around the legs, even without the jelly roll.

cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #563
mama2LEW
Registered Users
seller

Location: Somewhere in the middle, under piles of books, laundry, and kids!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich*mommy View Post
Hey mama, I did! I didn't have issues either as long as I jelly rolled teh legs. HTH!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboy03 View Post
I have had great success with them. I started using them on my 5.5lb preemie because she was already soaking through her nb diapers. These pics are the infant size. I just folded down the back and snappi'd them. They work great for absorbency and they fit great around the legs, even without the jelly roll.

Thanks Mamas!!! So glad to hear they work well with a newborn. Now, if only mine would come and I could try them out
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #564
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Thanks Mamas!!! So glad to hear they work well with a newborn. Now, if only mine would come and I could try them out
Absolutely! Hope you get to hold your LO soon!!!

I wanted to add that the folded down rise in the back is also great for added absorbency for girls. This is my first girl so I was not prepared for how much the pee goes to the back of the diaper.
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #565
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did everyone see what she is stocking tonight? Such a great idea and great deals. I so want one of those infant packs but alas I am not actually expecting yet and I promised no more diapers until after our vacation. I hope people snag them up so I won't be tempted.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #566
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Did everyone see what she is stocking tonight? Such a great idea and great deals. I so want one of those infant packs but alas I am not actually expecting yet and I promised no more diapers until after our vacation. I hope people snag them up so I won't be tempted.
no thanks alot! Now I am off to look! If only we were TTC#3, I need the little sizes...o well

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #567
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The combo packs look like some good deals!!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #568
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just a quick bump for the thread since a few people asked me for the link!! carry on
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #569
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Hey Megaroo Mamas- I have been using megaroos on my DD 16months and I love them !

I've got another one on the way and was wondering how Megaroos are at containing ebf poo? Have you had any problems with blowouts? I've never used prefolds before this and am nervous with them on a newbie.
My baby is about 1 1/2 weeks old. I thought just from looking at my infant megaroos that they would be too big on her so I just tried them out today for the first time and they actually were perfect on her, great fit with the front folded down and I was able to get them pinned super tight and trim. She has had a particularly poopy day (we've changed 8 poopy diapers) and i've only used megaroos and we have not had a single problem with blowouts. Of course it's only 1 day but I have been really impressed. They are definitely a much better fit than our regular prefolds and seem to keep things in better. I'm not sure I would have as much luck with them snappied but pinned they are a great tight fit around the legs. I'll post some pics tomorrow if you like. My dd was 8 lbs 7 oz at birth and I'm not sure exactly how big she is now (maybe 9 lbs or so).
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #570
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbabybottoms View Post
My baby is about 1 1/2 weeks old. I thought just from looking at my infant megaroos that they would be too big on her so I just tried them out today for the first time and they actually were perfect on her, great fit with the front folded down and I was able to get them pinned super tight and trim. She has had a particularly poopy day (we've changed 8 poopy diapers) and i've only used megaroos and we have not had a single problem with blowouts. Of course it's only 1 day but I have been really impressed. They are definitely a much better fit than our regular prefolds and seem to keep things in better. I'm not sure I would have as much luck with them snappied but pinned they are a great tight fit around the legs. I'll post some pics tomorrow if you like. My dd was 8 lbs 7 oz at birth and I'm not sure exactly how big she is now (maybe 9 lbs or so).
I like pics

I want to use these on a newbie some day!