Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

When to have a baby shower

Happy Monday ladies!

I just found out that the women at work would like to throw me a baby shower. Baby's due at the end of June, and I've got a shower being thrown by family over Memorial Day weekend. We didn't make a registry because I didn't think there was going to be anyone other than family looking for ideas, and we just put general things on a pass-around list (ie umbrella stroller, hair brush, etc), figuring family could argue amongst themselves over who was claiming what.

So I'm looking for advice from those of you who've already had a kid. When would you recommend a second baby shower? Before (between family and EDD), or after? And if it's after, how long after do I want to make it? I want to avoid being completely exhausted and unable to enjoy it, plus I want baby to be better adjusted because I'm sure the coworkers'll want to pass him/her around the whole time...

Tina

Advertisement

twood80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This is my second... My shower from my church family is tonight & then shower with my husbands family is June 3rd & I'm due on the 8th I really dont think it matters when u have them IMO.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

Re: When to have a baby shower

i'd make a registry and have the shower ASAP. or if these are people you'll want to meet the baby, have a 'meet the baby' party a couple weeks after the birth.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

When I had DS (baby#1) all our showers were after the baby was born. Most people want to see the baby so our showers were a couple weeks after he'd been born. I've actually never attended a shower for a baby that hasn't already been born. Especially since we never know what the gender is till after it's been born.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My babies come early (36 weeks and 38 weeks) but I'd want the shower before 36 weeks to hopefully give you time to get anything else you need but didn't get at a shower or use any gift cards you get to finish up last minute things.
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote