Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Miracle needed (loss mentioned)

So last Friday, I had a small amount of brownish bloodly discharge, it was not a lot. I called the OB as I have never had any bleeding with any of my pregnancies, (this is my 5th pregnancy) and so they told me it was probably nothing to worry about since it was brownish, that indicated it was old blood. But said if I needed my nerves calmed to come in, so I did. I was 11 weeks and 3 days on Friday. So I am a plus sized momma and so I knew the doppler very well may not pick up on an audible heart beat. So the nurse practioner (my OB was out for the day) did a pelvic exam to make sure everything was good, she said everything looked good. She went on to do the doppler. I was right, we couldn't hear the heartbeat, but 179bpm registered on the doppler reading. She said that was really reassuring, but she wanted me to come back at 3 (this was noonish) for an ultrasound. So I did. When they popped the baby up on the screen baby looked great, except for one thing. Where the heartbeat would normally be flickering on the screen was nothing. They did measurements and determined the baby was 10 weeks and 5 days. My last ultrasound at 9 weeks measured the baby as 5 days behind as well. So this baby was tracking very well with growth. So in all aspects the baby looked like he or she has been thriving.

I refuse to believe right now that the baby is gone due to the other information that I recieved. I mean I understand that it is possible that the babe died in that 2 hour time span, but I find it very difficult to believe. I mean a heart beat registered at noon...and the growth is all there. I know that there was a possibility that the doppler was picking up my heartbeatand doubling it, BUT my resting heartrate is really high, like 100-110 bpm, it would be higher than the 179 if it were doubled.

So I am going back in tomorrow to have another ultrasound.

I need prayer for this babe. If indeed the babe passed, I know that God is more than able to breathe life into this babe again, and that He can cause babe's heart beat to start up again. Please be praying for a miracle. That there is a heartbeat tomorrow on the ultrasound. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
mydreamteam
Registered Users
seller

Re: Miracle needed (loss mentioned)

Many hugs & prayers coming your way. I have been in your shoes and have lost 2 babies myself. I know the waiting game is so very difficult. I hope you get your miracle.

My ISO/IHA
mydreamteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you and babe.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

and
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

Praying for you and your baby mama
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Mommy2Gav
Registered Users
seller

Praying for you.

ISO: Nook. Will trade goodmamas.
Mommy2Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
BabyD'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Praying for you!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Thank you!

Haven is being snuggled in the arms of Jesus. He or she passed between 12 and 3pm Friday. The doc said that it doesn't make sense, but with an ultrasound tech and him in the room, they inspected every last inch of my womb looking for a 2nd baby that the heartbeat could have been from, they looked to see if maybe baby was in a bad position, etc..but the sac was starting to collapse around the baby and there has been no growth since Friday. So I have the closure in that sense, I was able to make a decision.

I left the clinic and went to my church and sat in the sanctuary and sat in my grief, I was not even able to reach out to God, I was not letting Him reach into me, and 2 young men came into the sanctuary and were worshipping Him, they ministered to my heart and softened it so I could feel Him and recieve the peace He has for me. So while we are incredibly sad and angry, we have peace that passes all understanding if that makes sense.

Again thank you for your prayer.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote