Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 1st ultrasound

Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
Went for my first u/s today. I expected to measure 6wks/4days from my charting I'm absolutely certain of my O date. However, I only measured 5wks/4days. Tech saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, but no baby yet. She said it was just too early to see. I'm feeling a little down as being a week off at this point seems like a big deal to me. I go back wed for another u/s and hopefully things are looking better by then! I hate the waiting.
Kate, I hope that next Weds. the u/s shows your precious little one! I've had early ultrasounds and I have mixed thoughts about them. Try to relax this weekend.

JanelleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

Kate--hope you get good news. So stressful.

I may have a 6wk u/s, because I have been having on and off spotting since 8dpo. Last pg all I had were a 11wk (NT screen) and the 20wk u/s. I prefer less u/s to more, but it would be nice to see that heartbeat after all the worry.

We'll see, I have to call the ObGyn on Monday. At some point I'll switch to only HB MW care, but at this point, I'll have care with an ObGyn and see what their protocol is. Seems like so many places its different when they start appts and when they do u/s. I'm also 35 though, so I expect they will push for me to do more testing/screening. I do plan to do the NT screen again, but don't think I'll agree to anything invasive like amnio or the other earlier one they do now.
Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
Registered Users

I'm so sorry Kate! Praying that all is well with your little bean. I know it will be a long week for you, but I'll be thinking of you and hoping to hear good news from you next week.
Sarah - BF, CD, & cosleeping graduate, SAHM turned WAHM to Violet Ruth - 10/07
My ebay - EUC & New Kids' and Adults' Clothes and Other Great Finds
Missing my 11-week angel baby 6/11, CP 2/12, and 10-week angel baby 1/13 "Too beautiful for earth" Still waiting and praying for our RAINBOW

Last edited by sasra_nu; 05-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote